• No
    • I want to see it in person
  2. 2. Will you buy it?

• Yes, It's my first PS5
    • No, I already have one
    • I will change my Ps5 with this one
    • Where is the Pro model?!

3 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

Bullshit. They've been dropping the price of the Fat PS5 regularly over the past few months to clear out inventory for the new model. Greed is the reason.

Generally, if you want to clear out stock, you lower the price of that stock.

But inflation has been ridiculously high lately, so they were never going to price it cheaper than the original model.

1 minute ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

Generally, if you want to clear out stock, you lower the price of that stock.

But inflation has been ridiculously high lately, so they were never going to price it cheaper than the original model.

The fact that they were willing to lower the price just to clear out stock tells me that they can 100% take the hit of transferring the savings to the customer...but of course they didn't, because why not get extra cash?

Again, greedy bastards.

• Like 1

the digital one looks great to me, higher storage, better design and option to add a drive later, if I didn't already have a PS5, this would be the time to get it

I wish the ports and connectivity specs were upgraded to the latest ones, it doesn't look like it

another missed opportunity is replaceable internal storage, that is a must for futureproofing

5 minutes ago, OutcastGuy50 said:

Will the PS5 slim will have alot of game freezing and application issue like my current PS5 console has now have 100+ game freezing both from console storage and external hard drive.Will I need to do option 8 in safe mode and start over in all saves.

That sounds like a lot of fun...

With all due respect, as I've been repeating for the last 10 months... I'll just wait until the PS5 Pro comes out (likely by Christmas 2024 or, in the worst case scenario, by Easter 2025).
I have no intention whatsoever of being one of those cows Sony keeps milking, especially after the millions they have been making over the last 3 years (plenty of examples to be made here).

My Limited Edition PS4 Pro (the Death Stranding one, black and white, gorgeous-looking to me) still goes well and my backlog will likely keep me busy for more than a year (especially Genshin Impact, since the PS4 version is not supported anymore on PS5, I heard... and I want to 100% it before I move on with the PS5).

So, why bothering? Why throwing more than 500,00 Euros away for a "not-so-aesthetically-appealing-and-slightly-modified" version when the next one is certainly going to be better?

Of course, people decide what they want with their money... and it's fine.

• 2 weeks later...