How far can one go with only shovelwares?

archangeltw_

4 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

Good point, I've definitely never heard that song before and didn't get the reference at all! My bad dude you're right, your elementary school level humor is really funny after all!

That's sarcasm I guess? It's Friday dude. Relax and get middle-school goofy with me and have a good time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

Me and some friends are really puzzled by the number of shovelwares. At first we assume some guy can’t get 1k plat because we don’t believe there are so many shovelwares, we are wrong. Can one get into world rank 500 or even 300 with only shovelwares?

You could definitely be top 300 only using shovelware. There's thousands of them, with multiple stacks too. Although it's not fun, I've done shovelware a bit and I really didn't enjoy anything about it except for the fact funny truck was my 50th platinum and is permanently displayed on my milestones. Just thought that was funny to me. 

8 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I've seen people with literally over 100.000 Trophies and 3000 Platinums, some guys really know no shame. 😂

I mean unless they have financial incentives to do this I really don't understand why anyone would do this

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I've seen people with literally over 100.000 Trophies and 3000 Platinums, some guys really know no shame. 😂

The question is - Do any of those people NOT have any Shovelware games in their list? 

TBPH -  I think you would be hard pressed to find any. If by chance you do, please link me 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2023 at 11:43 AM, Helyx said:

Fuckin' christ dude. Take a breath.

Video unavailable

The uploader has not made this video available in your country

Bruh, time to whip out my VPN… kidding! I know the song you’ve referenced.

ON TOPIC: Thousands of dollars at one’s disposal will grant a top 50 spot. Quantity over quantity, y’know?

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

If you check the games section and select "show showelware" it adds 78 new pages, or 3900 platinums. Earning all of those platinums, without counting bronze or any other kind of trophies, will put you at the #2382 spot in the global leaderboard.

If you add the classic 11 gold trophies that most shovelware has, you would be at #281 WORLDWIDE.

This number could be lower, since not every shovelware gives 1290 points, but it's the standard for most of them.

So yes, you can get in the top 500 or lower only playing these games.

Unbelievable isn't it

Just now, TheDarkKratos said:

The question is - Do any of those people NOT have any Shovelware games in their list? 

TBPH -  I think you would be hard pressed to find any. If by chance you do, please link me 😁

Maybe a decade ago

1 minute ago, KenjiCBZ said:

They are addicted. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sad sight to see. I hope I don't end up in a rabbithole that costs me as much as that does.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mad-man-matty-22 said:

you could easily reach like 200-300 platinums in one single day with enough money and dedication, just keeping at that you would soon see the numbers fly past the 1000s

Money can buy anything (almost) if you have enough of it. I heard a story once of a Brazilian businessman who had loads of the folding stuff, but barely any free time to play games. So, he paid someone (a lot of money) to legitimately play all of his games for him. My question is - What's the point of that? It seems that playing games for fun is a thing of the past for many gamers. Lol...

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheDarkKratos said:

I think 10 years ago there was nobody on the PSN leaderboards even close to 3000 platinums.

Let alone any Shovelware games actually in existence at that time. But I could be wrong on both counts.

I thought you meant at the top of the leaderboard lol. You are definitely right, one hundred platinums was a lot back then.

• Like 2