Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 has 132 trophies.

LucienNL

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Could still just be the 10 training missions, doubtful, but im hoping

I did some checking yesterday and I'm afraid "VR Training" refers to all

VR mission content. I watched a video on YT from the PSX version. VR

Training in the game menu allows you to select missions from all

missions. SO VR Training = ALL MISSIONS.

To confirm this, PowerPyx wrote under the trophy list on their website:

"What might be challenging here are BIG BOSS rank and completing all VR

Missions." He wouldn't do it if it was just 10 missions. He is probably playing the game right now to create guide. At first, I

wrongly assumed that training missions were the beginning of VR. It

looks like ALL of this is VR training.

I watched a few minutes of the VR mission and started to feel anxious...

Most likely, the trauma from MGS2 Platinum is still there. I played MGS1

on PSVita in 2020, so I'm giving up. Maybe next year, maybe not. GOOD LUCK!

I think Powerpyx has just took his info from the same leak, there is a typo somewhere, but who has it wrong....?? Could still just be the 10 training missions, doubtful, but im hoping ;)

Powerpyx may have just taken the info from somebody who translated the trophies in a post here which has a typo as im not sure if they have the game yet (Guide coming AFTER release).

But if you look at the video, the correct description is 'Complete all VR Training Missions'.

That thread has missed out the 'Training' part in that particular trophy

I'm italian and "Addestramento VR" indeed means VR Training, but in the VR Training menu we have Sneaking Mode, Weapon Mode Advanced Mode and Special Mode, and each mission in their respective menus are divided in Practice Mode and Time Attack, so I'm pretty sure we have to do them all, unless VR Missions is a separate game as it was on PS1 without trophies and we only have the original game VR Training, which is only 10 mission.

Edited by ryuzakix5

22 minutes ago, ryuzakix5 said:

I'm italian and "Addestramento VR" indeed means VR Training, but in the VR Training menu we have Sneaking Mode, Weapon Mode Advanced Mode and Special Mode, and each mission in their respective menus are divided in Practice Mode and Time Attack, so I'm pretty sure we have to do them all, unless VR Missions is a separate game as it was on PS1 without trophies and we only have the original game VR Training, which is only 10 mission.

Guess we will see, that leaker could check pretty quickly couldn't they

@Kessarath

Perhaps, but its also possible PPyx just took the info from here (or maybe same person xD). The info afterwards is just speculation about the list they just wrote.

I'm going by the official description and that is 'Complete All VR Training Missions', what Ppyx wrote and what is wrote in a post here is NOT the official description for that particular trophy, they've made a typo!

With these 300 VR Missions though, wasn't that an expansion of some sort 'Metal Gear Solid VR Missions' or something and I think Konami have only listed 2 and 3 as having the extra missions........

So it's possible, even if it is ALL missions, it may only be the base game 10 missions........

Speculation, speculation ;)

Edited by Optinooby

18 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

So it's possible, even if it is ALL missions, it may only be the base game 10 missions........

Speculation, speculation

It would be beautiful, so I will still delude myself that it will be a nice Platinum with only one harder run. 🙂

33 minutes ago, Kessarath said:

It would be beautiful, so I will still delude myself that it will be a nice Platinum with only one harder run. 🙂

I was just looking again, I think I missed it before, but MGS1 has the Special VR Missions included as well.

Guess all we need to know is, is it only the base game VR missions that count or ALL the expansion VR missions..........

But yea like you, i'm trying to remain optimistic ;)

VR EDIT;

Just some more info on the base game VR Missions, so there are 10, but different categories open up so it ends being 40 base game missions eventually defined as follows;

-- Training x 10.

-- Time Attack x 10 (same as training but now new time attacks versions).

-- Gun Shooting x 10 (same as above).

-- Survival (same as above).

So there is 40 I guess base game.

The 300 that keep getting mentioned are from the Special VR Missions expansion which was an extra game, although they're included, i'm not sure they will count

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

I never played the VR Missions.  People are really freaking out about it.  Was it harder than MGS2's vr?  MGS2's were a massive pain and I barely completed them by the skin of my teeth.  500 of them, plus many very difficult ones.  Surely VR Missions weren't as hard as MGS2?

I was just looking again, I think I missed it before, but MGS1 has the Special VR Missions included as well.

Guess all we need to know is, is it only the base game VR missions that count or ALL the expansion VR missions..........

VR EDIT;

Just some more info on the base game VR Missions, so there are 10, but different categories open up so it ends being 40 base game missions eventually defined as follows;

-- Training x 10.

The 300 that keep getting mentioned are from the Special VR Missions expansion which was an extra game, although they're included, i'm not sure they will count

You're completely right about the 300 being an extra game I didn't take this into account
With this info I'm pretty confident now we only have to do the original 40

Edited by Sunless_Heaven

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

VR EDIT;

-- Training x 10.

According to the video of the italian guy, it's a golden trophy. Would you give a golden trophy for 10 mere VR missions? Hehehe...

Looks like you'll need at least three playthroughs 

One for the story and get the stealth camo or bandana

A second to get whatever item you didn't get the first time since you can't get both in one go because of story related reasons 

A third for the ranking

It's possible you could knock out the plat in two playthroughs by going for the rank and getting the second item on the same run

Personally I'm not expecting to get the plat as I dread speed runs because I hate being rushed but still excited to play it regardless as I haven't for many years 

34 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

According to the video of the italian guy, it's a golden trophy. Would you give a golden trophy for 10 mere VR missions? Hehehe...

Just to mention. Exocising a ghost is gold. I don't think they've associated value to effort on this one.

9 minutes ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

A second to get whatever item you didn't get the first time since you can't get both in one go because of story related reasons 

A third for the ranking

It's possible you could knock out the plat in two playthroughs by going for the rank and getting the second item on the same run

Personally I'm not expecting to get the plat as I dread speed runs because I hate being rushed but still excited to play it regardless as I haven't for many years 

Just to remind people. 3 playthroughs on the same difficulty. Someone mentioned that it doesn't carry over if you change difficulties. So if you want camo and bandana for hard. You need to complete three playthroughs on hard.

Edited by wardragon989
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KITSUNCO said:

Hello sorry for my english i'm french. While waiting for you to have a leak in English I put screens (in French) of all the trophies on Twitter yesterday. I don't know if the links are allowed, if not it can be deleted, it's not difficult to find with my nickname.

Un platine pour Metal Gear 1 & 2?! C’est surprenant!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

-- Training x 10.

I guess it depends on what the trophy list considers to be MGS1 in the collection. The Master Collection does include a bunch of extras and regional variants. 

"Metal Gear Solid(1998) in the Master Collection is primarily based on the game's original PlayStation version, while the standalone Metal Gear Solid VR Missions and Special Missions regional releases are also accessible from its hub on the game selection screen, as well as the original Japanese release of Metal Gear Solid: Integral, which has been made available for the first time to North American players through its inclusion on the compilation".

Either way 300 missions is still fewer than the 511 in MGS2.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

A third for the ranking

Its at least 1, you could save scum for the Bandana / Stealth Camo trophies, and do Fox rank at the same time. Not advisable if blind, inexperienced or without a guide, but yea, minimum 1.

Definitely 2 or 3 will be the easiest way as you say though if not following guides. Though thats a shame if you cant use unlockables on other difficulties.....

1 hour ago, Boni_Neto said:

Myself, perhaps no if possible, but unofrtunately the trophy type doesn't mean much nowadays ;(

As @wardragon989 said, the Exorcist trophy is gold and thats just for taking a photo in a specific spot and pretty much clicking on it 

Edited by Optinooby

45 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Its at least 1, you could save scum for the Bandana / Stealth Camo trophies, and do Fox rank at the same time. Not advisable if blind, inexperienced or without a guide, but yea, minimum 1.

Definitely 2 or 3 will be the easiest way as you say though if not following guides. Though thats a shame if you cant use unlockables on other difficulties.....

Myself, perhaps no if possible, but unofrtunately the trophy type doesn't mean much nowadays ;(

As @wardragon989 said, the Exorcist trophy is gold and thats just for taking a photo in a specific spot and pretty much clicking on it 

Yeah, point taken, but then we have the golden trophy for getting the FOX codename. I think they are crazy enough to ask for every single VR mission. I didn't even know that it was possible to finish this game under 3 hours, especially with the rest of the requirements. Oh boy...

Of course they put in the ONE trophy I was most worried about for MGS1.  I personally am more worried about getting under 3 hours than anything else.  That was something I could never pull off back in the day.  One ration or less is another worry.  Raven always took a lot of health from me when he started running faster, and that was on normal.

Can we hope that the original Japanese version is included so we can do Fox/Big Boss on easy difficulty?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

Yeah, point taken, but then we have the golden trophy for getting the FOX codename. I think they are crazy enough to ask for every single VR mission. I didn't even know that it was possible to finish this game under 3 hours, especially with the rest of the requirements. Oh boy...

I think a lot of us who know this from back when approached games very differently. I remember I ever used to just complete or 'clock' a game as we used to call it, and then move on to the next.

Although I find it awkward a lot of the time going back to these old control scheme games, going to be enjoyable approaching it with trophies in mind ;)

I wonder if the games will have the save/resume state function like a lot of these old remasters have. If so, that would simplify a lot

• Like 1