Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 has 132 trophies.

LucienNL

2 hours ago, NerfTheLhaDerp07 said:

Why do people believe the notion that there would be no Platinum Trophy? In the PS Blog for the Master Collection they literally that said MGS1 will have Trophy Support and a Platinum Trophy.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/08/21/hands-on-report-metal-gear-solid-master-collection-vol-1super-crazy-rhythm-castle-and-more/

spacer.png

Ah, good to know. Wish this was put here earlier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boni_Neto said:

True enough, but it was possible to update that when they released the Definitive Experience of Phantom Pain in 2016.

They didn't make a new list for that version though. That version just shares the lists that were already out there for the 2 games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Boni_Neto said:

Yes, mate, that's what I'm saying. They could've updated the DE to show GZ as a DLC sub-list.

But they didn't make a new list for them to do that. They just used the ones already out there. The DE was essentially just a bundle of the 2 games, and I've never seen a bundle have a separate list. I've seen complete editions of games, which is a game with it's DLC included, have a separate list though.

GZ is a prologue, set before TPP, so for it to work logically speaking, TPP would have to be the DLC for GZ.

• Like 4

If there is three plats I would have liked that this took the KH collection route, 3 plats for each MGS game and 100% lists for MG 1 & 2... But probably they will merge MG1, 2 and MGS1...

MGS2 is probably my favorite game of all time, but still going for the plat again is too much... Those VR missions give me PTSD...

Probably will do the MGS1 plat just for the sake of completion...

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, samunrizthym said:

i want gameplay footage ,a trophy list, a price and then i ll see if i resell my ps3 mgs collection sealed

You already have 2 of those things

49 minutes ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

Unrelated to trophies but I wonder how the Psycho Mantis fight will play out on modern consoles?

PlayStation Blog said there's a menu where you can switch controller ports

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

If shovelware games that take 5 minutes to beat give out plats, this collection should have just done 5 plats imo. 

This right here is why I don't believe there actually are game length requirements to be eligible to have a plat in your trophy list. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boni_Neto said:

They are not talking about Metal Gear SOLID. They are talking about the originals Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, which probably won't have a plat, because they are much shorter games in comparison to the Solid series, and also they are very old. Sony probably didn't deem them platinum worthy.

Honestly, I would never expect much when it comes to Metal Gear's trophy lists, let's not forget that instead of creating a DLC sub-list for Ground Zeroes in Phantom Pain (which was the only correct way on this matter), they just created a separate list with no platinum for GZ, like it was a game of its own and not just a prologue-campaign of 10 hours (or less, can't remember exactly).

MG1 and MG2 having a Platinum is a possibility. Some of the arcade game collections have Platinums, so I don't think a games length and age are factors to that. Also, some shovelware have Platinums while having less than 12 trophies.

Though I think it's up to Konami if they'll implement it or not, they're a bit iffy with their collections, as evidenced by the Castlevania and Contra Anniversary Collections not having Plats.

• Like 1

Just now, KekkoPazzini said:

sorry if I'm off topic....if I purchase the physical PS5 version, is the digital PS4 also included? or does it have to be purchased separately? I know the digital version includes both ps5 and ps4. But I was interested in the collection...whether it's worth it or not. 
Thanks…

PS4 version is digital only. It was initially planned for PS5 only, but due to high demands, they're bringing it to PS4 as well but didn't plan physical for it.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2023 at 3:34 PM, CaptainJeff87 said:

Unrelated to trophies but I wonder how the Psycho Mantis fight will play out on modern consoles?

I think changing ports is included in the menu. I'm also wondering what will happen with the mind reading scene, considering castlevania isn't as popular and most konami games don't exist anymore. 

23 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

I think changing ports is included in the menu. I'm also wondering what will happen with the mind reading scene, considering castlevania isn't as popular and most konami games don't exist anymore. 

You can spoof a memory card with the data they said . I don’t have the actual source on me thogh 

• Like 1