Platinum still 85hrs with update 2.0?

Rebourne07

I’m gonna start this game next week and looking over the guide and forums and it seems like update 2.0 has brought a lot of quality of life changes. I’m wondering if the trophy guide time estimate of 85hrs is still accurate or if it’s a bit shorter now? Thoughts? Thank you in advance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

I’m gonna start this game next week and looking over the guide and forums and it seems like update 2.0 has brought a lot of quality of life changes. I’m wondering if the trophy guide time estimate of 85hrs is still accurate or if it’s a bit shorter now? Thoughts? Thank you in advance. 

I ask myself the same question 😁

Having just finished the platinum without ever using fast travel. My playtime is at 93hrs 48min, there's maybe 1.5-2hrs there of idle time. This also includes all the non-essential side quests and shit, I did everything in the base game.

So yeah 80-85hrs is still likely accurate for the Plat, 100% will break 100hrs. Unless you intend to just skip all the dialogue and shit, then I guess it would be a lot less... but I can't understand doing that if you wanted to replay it like I did.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Having just finished the platinum without ever using fast travel. My playtime is at 93hrs 48min, there's maybe 1.5-2hrs there of idle time. This also includes all the non-essential side quests and shit, I did everything in the base game.

So yeah 80-85hrs is still likely accurate for the Plat, 100% will break 100hrs. Unless you intend to just skip all the dialogue and shit, then I guess it would be a lot less... but I can't understand doing that if you wanted to replay it like I did.

2 hours ago, Nerkey said:

85h seem a lot I got the platinum in 45h-50h + ~10h for the dlc I guess. I know they changed some trophies about skills if im not wrong but nothing crazy

Haha, uh, conflicting statements. I guess we need more people to weigh in? :)

I got the platinum for the PS5 version a few months ago (before 2.0) and it took me about 110 hours, but that was with no fast travelling and doing everything in the game, inluding Side Jobs not needed for the platinum. I'd completed the PS4 version shortly after launch so I took it super slow to enjoy how much better it was.

Patch 2.0 hasn't changed much in terms of time to platinum. The main grind for the platinum is all NPCD Scanner Hustles and Gigs, and these haven't changed. Skills, Cyberware and Vehicles are different, but not enough to affect the time.

If you literally only want to play this game for the trophies, my guess is that you could blitz through it in about 50-60 hours.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BusyFace13 said:

I got the platinum for the PS5 version a few months ago (before 2.0) and it took me about 110 hours, but that was with no fast travelling and doing everything in the game, inluding Side Jobs not needed for the platinum. I'd completed the PS4 version shortly after launch so I took it super slow to enjoy how much better it was.

Patch 2.0 hasn't changed much in terms of time to platinum. The main grind for the platinum is all NPCD Scanner Hustles and Gigs, and these haven't changed. Skills, Cyberware and Vehicles are different, but not enough to affect the time.

If you literally only want to play this game for the trophies, my guess is that you could blitz through it in about 50-60 hours.

Thanks! I definitely want to enjoy the story and quests so looks like its still 85hrs. That's totally fine, was just planning the rest of my gaming year lol Thanks a ton I appreciate your info. Btw, why is it common for people not to fast travel? Is fast travel bad in this game?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Btw, why is it common for people not to fast travel? Is fast travel bad in this game?

The world is beautifully crafted and after 2.0 the city feels so much more alive, small example being seeing random cop encounters with citizens. So I never hit a point where I wanted to fast travel, I enjoyed traversing the city every which way. I'm just super into it and would find it immersion breaking to just teleport around.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2023 at 3:50 PM, Nerkey said:

85h seem a lot I got the platinum in 45h-50h + ~10h for the dlc I guess. I know they changed some trophies about skills if im not wrong but nothing crazy

Eangtel.png

No need to guess, PlayStation tells you -- almost 84 hours for you. Unless you idled for 25-30 hours? 🤔

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, HusKy said:

Eangtel.png

No need to guess, PlayStation tells you -- almost 84 hours for you. Unless you idled for 25-30 hours? 🤔

You know the PSN time is not really correct and I stayed a lot in the game without playing but let me show my in game save with the time 

Platinum Save (I got it the 26/02/2022 you can check) 

18b985149ab57-screenshot-Url.jpg
hi pictures

With DLC

18b98511caf25-screenshot-Url.jpg
hi pictures

I didnt skip the cutscenes I really loved the game but I used fast travel everytime it was possible because I hate to drive in any games :)

So 45h for the platinum (not sure if all endings are on the same save so maybe ~2h more) and 15h for the DLC 

Edited by Nerkey
  • Like 2

Hi, i got my Platinum today.

I really like the game and played it only with the 2.0 Update. I used fast Travel when the way too long.

My PS5 is telling me around 65 Hours in Main Menu. My Savegame tells me 60Hours and 30 Minutes. I was afk a lot like 5-10 Hours.

@HusKy where can u find this neat feature? 

Edited by Pixelkoch
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pixelkoch said:

@HusKy where can u find this neat feature? 

PSNP+

I can't find an option to toggle playtimes. I've seen a few other sites that not only tell the hours played from PSN, but also the number of times you launched the game. @HusKy

• 3 months later...

Due to countless updates and fixes I wonder if the time stated in the guide is still accurate. Is it maybe shorter, because of new ways that were discovered or is it even longer due to certain fixes of exploits? Are there also some aspects from the Phantom Liberty DLC which can make the game faster or easier?

I did everything there is to do in base game and DLC and clocked in at around 85 hours + 6 hours for different endings.

Platinum doesn't require most of the side-quests though.

You also don't really need any exploits anymore. You will acquire more than enough money and parts by playing the game. 

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...