Dark Mode request

3 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Then the OP should have stated that. We shouldn't have to be mind readers when people can just state clearly what they mean.

Just to be sure I opened a private tab with this thread. It comes with default dark mode. Of course he's talking about the website and not the forum. Pretty lame from a mod.

• Like 1

So, yeah...about that dark mode. Would be nice to have it on the front page, trophy profiles, sessions, games, trophies, guides and leaderboard.

So , the only part of the site with a default dark mode is the forums. Would like to see this introduced as well, even though I don't use dark mode.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

Then the OP should have stated that.

They did:

1 hour ago, Rohirrim-90 said:

We definitely need a dark mode for the website.

Everyone else jumped to thinking of the forums only because the forums recently added a dark mode. It's quite clear, in stating 'the website' that they're referring the the site as a whole. Anyone interpreting anything other than that is a reader issue.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

They did:

Everyone else jumped to thinking of the forums only because the forums recently added a dark mode. It's quite clear, in stating 'the website' that they're referring the the site as a whole. Anyone interpreting anything other than that is a reader issue.

I knew what the OP meant. However, the forum is part of "the website". The website has 2 parts to it, the PSN profile section, and the forum section. The OP requested the site have a dark mode in 2023, and I stated the site did have one, in the forum part of it. You could say I was being pedantic (because I was) as well as blunt with my response, but my answer wasn't wrong for what the OP asked, and I wasn't the only one to answer in that way. If the OP had specifically stated that they meant the PSN profile part of it and not the forum or the site as a whole, then this thread would have gone differently. The point I was trying to make is that you shouldn't have to figure out what someone means, because it would be clearly stated in the query. You wouldn't have to reply with something like "if you meant...", as that wouldn't be needed. It shouldn't be "quite clear", it should be "perfectly clear", and not open for question.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Agreed with @Stevieboy on this. The forums are a different website than PSNProfiles so "the website" would refer to the site he is currently on, which is the forums. Sure, you could extrapolate that he means PSNProfiles itself, but that still isn't what he said. This is why wording matters. People would be eaten alive in court with the logic of "You should have just deciphered it"

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

It's called clarification.

2 hours ago, Rohirrim-90 said:

It's 2023 and everything nowadays have a dark mode. We definitely need a dark mode for the website. We definitely deserve this.

There's your clarification. Now quit being dick.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Katt said:

There's your clarification. Now quit being dick.

PSNProfiles & the forums are 2 different websites.

PSNProfiles.com & Forum.PSNProfiles.com are not the same website. If it was the same website, it'd be PSNProfiles.com/Forums. So the sentence "We definitely need a dark mode for the website.", would be directed to Forum.PSNProfiles.com since it's the website the comment is being made on, which is does indeed have a dark mode. Now of course we know he's talking about PSNProfiles.com having a dark mode, but it's still something that needs clarification because extrapolating information incorrectly leads to misunderstandings, so you take what is said at face value instead. Want to avoid it happening? Clarify what you're saying, that simple. Especially when you're making a request.

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1