World Cup 2014

Connie

So many people got 3 points with the Colombia match, and i'm just sitting here with 1 point won today xD

I sincerely hope i have more luck tomorrow

Your have had more luck than I have, Ive only managed to get one prediction right since the tournament started, so that's me out of the race now for top spot.

Rodriguez first goal was superlative, beautiful control of the ball on his chest and what a volley, should be goal of the tournament in my opinion.

Edited by heath_577

Your have had more luck than I have, Ive only managed to get one prediction right since the tournament started, so that's me out of the race now for top spot.

Rodriguez first goal was superlative, beautiful control of the ball on his chest and what a volley, should be goal of the tournament in my opinion.

There's still 39 points up for the grab. Don't give up. I'm currently first but i probably won't even end in top 5 xD

And that Rodriguez's goal was so beautiful! Definitely the best goal of the tournament so far. I agree with you!

Yet again I was too conservative with the amount of goals Columbia would score. :shakefist:

I reckon they'll give Brazil a bit of a problem in their Quarter Final match.

I guessed how many goals Colombia would score, but i overestimated Uruguay i guess. They really play like s*** without Suarez xD

Colombia will definitely be a bigger challenge to Brazil than Chile was, and Chile was a tough opponent. It will be a great match for sure!

Yet again I was too conservative with the amount of goals Columbia would score. :shakefist:

I reckon they'll give Brazil a bit of a problem in their Quarter Final match.

It's Colombia, not Columbia lol. It's a country in South America, not a fictional flying city in the middle of nowhere :P.

And seeing how Chile gave Brazil one heck of a match (and further proved how much they flipping suck) and had them get even more tired due to the extra time, I think Colombia can get them kicked out. We'll have to see what FIFA does, though, because today they were one step away from being kicked out (and we all saw how far Brazil's keeper went out in those penalty shots...).

• Like 1

It's Colombia, not Columbia lol. It's a country in South America, not a fictional flying city in the middle of nowhere :P.

Damn my erroneous typing (which is unusual for me as I usually proof read everything), and damn Firefox for not picking it up as a spelling error. :P

Damn my erroneous typing (which is unusual for me as I usually proof read everything), and damn Firefox for not picking it up as a spelling error. :P

It surely doesn't fix it because Columbia is some backwater place in the US (kidding of course :P ). Still, many idiots do think the country's name is Columbia lol.

Well if you predict 2-1 and thats what it finishes at either 90min or 120min then you get 3 points. For penalties if you predict 1-1 (brazil to win on pens) you get 3 points. If you predict 2-2 instead thats only 1 point.

Well if you predict 2-1 and thats what it finishes at either 90min or 120min then you get 3 points. For penalties if you predict 1-1 (brazil to win on pens) you get 3 points. If you predict 2-2 instead thats only 1 point.

So I'm guessing that those who predicted Brazil would win (for example) 2-1 would get 0 points as the game officially finished as a draw at 1-1, even though Brazil ended up winning the match on penalties.

Edited by Stevieboy

The Netherlands played awful. The way things look, those 3 wins in the group stage were more of a blunder than anything. They're lucky their side of the finals is so easy, otherwise they wouldn't be able to get to the final (again) to lose (again).

That Robben dive though!

That Robben dive though!

To be fair he deserved a penalty in the first half and could have gone down earlier in the second, so swings and roundabouts I guess. The Netherlands did play poorly though and Mexico didn't deserve the finish they had.

Edited by Stevieboy

To be fair he deserved a penalty in the first half and could have gone down earlier in the second, so swings and roundabouts I guess. The Netherlands did play poorly though and Mexico didn't deserve the finish they had.

Yeah, the first one was a penalty. However, I don't believe that awarding a non-existant penalty because you didn't award the one you should have to be "fair" lol. Then again, football's hardly fair.

Still, after that match against Australia I started to doubt the team - and they just proved it today. They've got nothing to bring to the table, and even though every team so far hasn't looked exactly great (except arguably Colombia), they will get knocked out, and at this pace it'll probably be at the final match again.