World Cup 2014

Connie

"Brazil - Colombia... Colombia has played a lot better than Brazil so far, and they have more than enough to beat Brazil. They even have James who's been on fire and is the best striker so far. Brazil "robbed" the first game, drew with Mexico, beat a very weak Cameroon, and barely defeated Chile on penalties. Colombia has won every game so far, dominating all of them. I want Colombia to win it all now, and i want to predict a Colombia win, but i'm afraid that the politics could get involved and push Brazil to win it. I sincerely hope that won't happen, but it has to be taken under consideration.
I'll post my final predictions tomorrow before the games."

And that's why I put:

*But I'd like Colombia to win.

I feel almost the same about Argentina match. 

But don't think about it Tony, play with the heart and give the win to Colombia, so I can get those points  :lol: 

Edited by GoldenShaka

"Brazil - Colombia... Colombia has played a lot better than Brazil so far, and they have more than enough to beat Brazil. They even have James who's been on fire and is the best striker so far. Brazil "robbed" the first game, drew with Mexico, beat a very weak Cameroon, and barely defeated Chile on penalties. Colombia has won every game so far, dominating all of them. I want Colombia to win it all now, and i want to predict a Colombia win, but i'm afraid that the politics could get involved and push Brazil to win it. I sincerely hope that won't happen, but it has to be taken under consideration.

I'll post my final predictions tomorrow before the games."

At that's why I put:

*But I'd like Colombia to win.

I feel almost the same about Argentina match.

But don't think about it Tony, play with the heart and give the win to Colombia, so I can get those points :lol:

We'll see haha :P

I still have more than a day to predict. I have to think carefully what to predict with the first 2 matches. I've already decided for the last 2, bu the first two are bugging me. Germany is the favourite in that match, but in my opinion France has been playing better so far, even though they didn't show much in the last 2 games, but neither did Germany. I think i'll go for Germany in the end, they were atleast in the semis for a long time (atleast I think so) but there's also that thing with France:

WC 1998 - finals

WC 2002 - out in the group stage

WC 2006 - finals

WC 2010 - out in the group stage

WC 2014 - ?

But this thing with France can't be taken that seriously :P

Brazil - Colombia... Colombia has played a lot better than Brazil so far, and they have more than enough to beat Brazil. They even have James who's been on fire and is the best striker so far. Brazil "robbed" the first game, drew with Mexico, beat a very weak Cameroon, and barely defeated Chile on penalties. Colombia has won every game so far, dominating all of them. I want Colombia to win it all now, and i want to predict a Colombia win, but i'm afraid that the politics could get involved and push Brazil to win it. I sincerely hope that won't happen, but it has to be taken under consideration.

I'll post my final predictions tomorrow before the games.

Colombia and France have, arguably, had the best World Cup, alongside the Netherlands. However, unlike the Netherlands, they haven't fucked up in their matches to the point they could've lost it all (those matches being the ones against Australia and Mexico).

I for one am rooting for Colombia, since it's always nice to have someone new reach the final and because Brazil is not only undeserving of being champion (which they can due to their status as 'host' and because FIFA), but because they suck, and seeing how France is playing Germany, I'm hoping France wins as well (screw Germany).

Regarding your "stats" (so to speak :P ), Germany has reached the semi-finals all the time since 2002 (2002: Final, 2006: semi-final, 2010: semi-final). However, in 1998 they were knocked out in the quarter-finals.

As for France, there's a bit more to it: in 1998,Arsenal won the FA Cup, Real Madrid won the Champions League, Juventus won the Serie A, Fontaine had the record for most goals scored in a single World Cup and Daft Punk were nominated for a Brit Award. As we all know, France won the World Cup that year.

In 2014, Arsenal won the FA Cup, Real Madrid won the Champions League, Juventus won the Serie A, Fontaine is still the record-holder for most goals scored in a single World Cup and Daft Punk were nominated for a Brit Award. "IT'S HAPPENING!"

Then again, they said the same about Uruguay in 1970: "They won in 1930, they won again in 1950... so it means they'll win in 1970 again!" (and as we know, they didn't - but they did get to semi-finals and could've beat Brazil...).

Well I heard many of German players have catched a flu, that may affect the match. Hope not, because I hate France and Germany would deserve to win them. I believe Brazil will find their strength at last for the important match and so will Argentina. Argentina will drop Belgium despite of Belgium's good WC start. I have a strong trust in Netherlands, Robben and Van Persie too after seeing Costa Rica's last match.

Friday 4th July

France 1-2 Germany

Brazil 2-0 Columbia

Saturday 5th July

Argentina 2-1 Belgium

Netherlands 2-0 Costa Rica

Well, all my hopes to see Brazil eliminated (and even then they'd still play for third place) now rest in Germany's shoulders. Time to hope that dreaded German luck of theirs works wonders again.

Edited by Nagflar