World Cup 2014

Connie

Saturday 28th June

Brazil 2-1 Chile  (Brazil wins helped by the referee)

Colombia 2-2 Uruguay (Uruguay wins on Penalties, but Forlan miss a penalty)

Sunday 29th June

Netherlands 2-1 Mexico

Costa Rica 2-1 Greece

Saturday 28th June

Brazil 3 - 1 Chile

Columbia 4 - 1 Uruguay

Sunday 29th June

Netherlands 2 - 1 Mexico

Costa Rica 3 - 0 Greece

The Brazil - Chile game had been in play for about an hour when you posted your score. You shouldn't get any points for that game as, in my opinion, you're too late.

The Brazil - Chile game had been in play for about an hour when you posted your score. You shouldn't get any points for that game as, in my opinion, you're too late.

Yeah, I agree.

This game's been interesting so far. I think that the result could be 2-1 to Brazil, which most of the people here predicted (not me unfortunately xD) but to be honest, i would also like to see Brazil out of the World Cup

So Conn, how many points do the people who said Brazil would win in normal time get, even though the game officially finished in a draw? Also how many points does leonardo97 get as he said it would go to penalties and Brazil would win even though he said it would finish 2-2?

Edited by Stevieboy

So Conn, how many points do the people who said Brazil would win in normal time get, even though the game officially finished in a draw? Also how many points does leonardo97 get as he said it would go to penalties and Brazil would win even though he said it would finish 2-2?

The knockout predictions are proving a minefield at the moment with all the extra time and penalties added into the equation, as previously mentioned it's proving harder than I anticipated to work out how to get this working somehow?

The knockout predictions are proving a minefield at the moment with all the extra time and penalties added into the equation, as previously mentioned it's proving harder than I anticipated to work out how to get this working somehow?

That's why a decision of predicting the result after:

1. 90 mins, or if extra time is played to extend it to 120 mins, or
  2. 90 mins regardless of if extra time is played or not

is required. The addition of penalties just creates the possibility of confusion and inconsistency with the scores.

I think people who predicted a Brazil win in the normal time shouldn't get any points. Those who predicted a draw but with wrong result should get 1 point and 1 extra point if they guessed who would win on penalties. The same goes if they predicted a correct result, they should get 3 points + 1 extra point for getting the winner on penalties right. I think this could be a possible solution

I think people who predicted a Brazil win in the normal time shouldn't get any points. Those who predicted a draw but with wrong result should get 1 point and 1 extra point if they guessed who would win on penalties. The same goes if they predicted a correct result, they should get 3 points + 1 extra point for getting the winner on penalties right. I think this could be a possible solution

I half agree with you. I would either add the addition of a point for the people who predicted a win for Brazil in normal time, or I would take away the extra points in the 2 other scenarios. So it should either be 0, 1 and 3 points, or 1, 2 and 4 points respectively.

What if a team wins in extra time? Surely you have to make a prediction to get three points if the game is decided before penalties?

For example, if you predicted 2-1 to Colombia against Uruguay, and it's 1-1 at the FT, if Colombia scores and wins 2-1 in extra time, you should get 3 points. That's what Conn told me

What if a team wins in extra time? Surely you have to make a prediction to get three points if the game is decided before penalties?  

That's why a decision of predicting the result after:

1. 90 mins, or if extra time is played to extend it to 120 mins, or
  2. 90 mins regardless of if extra time is played or not

is required. The addition of penalties just creates the possibility of confusion and inconsistency with the scores.

Option 1 would cover that possibility. Option 2 wouldn't.

For example, if you predicted 2-1 to Colombia against Uruguay, and it's 1-1 at the FT, if Colombia scores and wins 2-1 in extra time, you should get 3 points. That's what Conn told me

In this example Option 1 would give you 3 points, but Option 2 would give you 0 points.

Edited by Stevieboy

So many people got 3 points with the Colombia match, and i'm just sitting here with 1 point won today xD

I sincerely hope i have more luck tomorrow

Yet again I was too conservative with the amount of goals Columbia would score. :shakefist:

I reckon they'll give Brazil a bit of a problem in their Quarter Final match.