World Cup 2014

Connie

So, conn, care to remind us how the knock-out stage will work? Will we have to predict if someone wins at extra time or penalties or what?

I would think it'll be the score and whatever the result stands at after the 90 mins are up, but I guess it's up to Conn.

I would think it'll be the score and whatever the result stands at after the 90 mins are up, but I guess it's up to Conn.

you predict the final score, or if you think it'll go to penalties say, 2-2, Germany wins on penalties.  

Saturday 28th June

Brazil 1-0 Chile

Colombia 2-2 Uruguay

Colombia wins on penalties

Sunday 29th June

Netherlands 2-0 Mexico

Costa Rica 0-1 Greece

you predict the final score, or if you think it'll go to penalties say, 2-2, Germany wins on penalties.  

Actually I've just had a thought. How would the points be allocated then?

Say the game ended 2-2 and Germany won on penalties:

• How many points would you get if you said Germany would win in normal time? (you still predicted Germany would win)
  • How many points would you get if you said Germany would win in extra time? (you still predicted Germany would win)
  • How many points would you get if you said 1-1 and Germany would win on penalties? (you still predicted Germany would win and the game would end in a draw)
  • How many points would you get if you said 2-2 and Germany's opponent would win on penalties? (you still got the final score right)
  • How many points would you get if you said 1-1 and Germany's opponent would win on penalties? (you still predicted the game would end in a draw)

also, say the game ended 2-1 to Germany after extra time:

• How many points would you get if you said Germany would win on penalties? (you still predicted Germany would win)
  • How many points would you get if you said Germany would win 2-1 in normal time? (you still predicted Germany would win and got the score correct)
  • How many points would you get if you said Germany would win 1-0 in normal time? (you still predicted Germany would win)
  • How many points would you get if you said Germany would win 1-0 in extra time? (you still predicted Germany would win)

or, say the game ended 2-1 to Germany after normal time:

• How many points would you get if you said Germany would win on penalties? (you still predicted Germany would win)
  • How many points would you get if you said Germany would win 2-1 in extra time? (you still predicted Germany would win and got the score correct)
  • How many points would you get if you said Germany would win 1-0 in extra time? (you still predicted Germany would win)
  • How many points would you get if you said Germany would win 1-0 in normal time? (you still predicted Germany would win)

Maybe I'm being too picky although I do think predicting the score after 90 mins is less complicated :hmm:

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

Scratch that, this is confusing me. I need to lay down for a while.

If the game goes into extra time you must predict a score, obviously if you get the score right you get 3 points, Or if you think the extra time will see no breakthrough and it goes to penalties I think just picking who wins the shoot-out is enough for three points.

For now that's the best scenario I can think of, I'm sure one of us will think of something.

Edited by heath_577

Colombia 2 v 1 Uruguay (Uruguay just won't be that good without Suarez :P)

So far, Uruguay has been Suarez :P.

So wait, if I say Germany wins 1-2 in normal time, but they end up winning 1-2 in extra time, am I screwed out of 3 points and I just earn 1?

EDIT: I see stevieboy has inquired much better than I did. That said, I think we should stick to the result in the 90 minutes, otherwise it becomes too stupidly and needlessly complicated, for predicting the "final score" becomes troublesome for pretty much everyone - especially the guy that's supposed to count the points.

Edited by Nagflar

1. TonyCROGamingHD – 43
2. marc_cp - 38
3. intenseFATE98 – 37
4. Kevinnummer1 - 37
5. GoldenShaka - 36
6. Precision-playy – 36
7. the_dragon_man - 36
8. Nagflar - 35
9. Stevieboy - 34
10. HcG-_Clawz - 33
11. Connman88 – 31
12. Killa_ken1988 - 31
13. Pyrotheseus – 31
14. Mcbeanstr – 30
15. STRANGEgenius – 30
16. Greenguy81 - 27
17. Resident-Zelda – 27
18. heath_577 - 26
19. Jarethgeason - 26
20. Xxleonardo97xX - 26
21. Mistresscomp - 25
22. BIGBERNARDOB - 24
23. Ric - 24
24. ShogunCroCop - 24
25. Quikdrawjoe - 23
26. Zeusy - 21
27. killer_cryptid15 - 17
28. Beardmandaniel - 13
29. Caesarclown - 13
30. razizo41 12
31. Mumpel - 11
32. Sikatiiker – 9
33. wiebeamalur - 8
34. naugie - 7
35. Memnoch - 7
36. sliq85 - 6
37. Starhope39 - 6
38. clairvoyant - 6
39. orenjikitty - 5
40. NoLimit1584 - 5
41. ellie - 3
42. Ikaros19 - 3
43. sly-ripper - 1
44. Clairvoyant_666 - 1

Not sure what you want to do with the people that haven't predicted in a while Conn, up to you mate :D

Saturday 28th June

Brazil 2-1 Chile

Colombia 2-0 Uruguay

Sunday 29th June

Netherlands 2-1 Mexico

Costa Rica 0-0 Greece

• Like 2

So wait, if I say Germany wins 1-2 in normal time, but they end up winning 1-2 in extra time, am I screwed out of 3 points and I just earn 1?

EDIT: I see stevieboy has inquired much better than I did. That said, I think we should stick to the result in the 90 minutes, otherwise it becomes too stupidly and needlessly complicated, for predicting the "final score" becomes troublesome for pretty much everyone - especially the guy that's supposed to count the points.

I think picking the result after the game ends whether it be after 90 mins or if it goes to extra time then after 120 mins is fine. The addition of choosing who is going to win on penalties (if they are needed) complicates things for me.

It should be either be:

1. The score after 90 mins regardless of whether extra time is needed, or
  2. The score after normal outfield play ends either after 90 mins, or if extra time is needed then 120 mins.
Edited by Stevieboy