World Cup 2014

Connie

Mixed Feelings, sad about USA, happy for my 3 points.

Monday 23rd June 

Brazil 2 Cameroon 0

Croatia 2 Mexico 1

Netherlands 2 Chile 2

Australia 1 Spain 1

Tuesday 24th June 

Greece 1 Ivory Coast 2

Japan 1 Colombia 3

Costa Rica 2 England 2

Italy 1 Uruguay 2

Edited by GoldenShaka

Bradley just had to screw up my prediction with 30 secs left...  :facepalm:

Monday 23rd June 

Brazil 3-0 Cameroon

Croatia 2-1 Mexico

Netherlands 2-1 Chile

Australia 1-2 Spain

Tuesday 24th June 

Greece 0-2 Ivory Coast

Japan 1-2 Colombia

Costa Rica 1-2 England

Italy 2-1 Uruguay

Man, it's this kind of shit that makes me forget about who is better/worse and makes me root for a particular team. I certainly hope Modric and Kovac end up eating dirt while taking a plane back to Croatia after that "holier than thou" attitude. Props to Herrera, too, for not really calling them out on being so stuck up their own asses lol.

Monday 23rd June 

Brazil 0-1 Cameroon

Croatia 1-1 Mexico

Netherlands 3-1 Chile

Australia 2-1 Spain

Tuesday 24th June 

Greece 1-2 Ivory Coast

Japan 0-2 Colombia

Costa Rica 1-2 England

Italy 1-2 Uruguay

Man, it's this kind of shit that makes me forget about who is better/worse and makes me root for a particular team. I certainly hope Modric and Kovac end up eating dirt while taking a plane back to Croatia after that "holier than thou" attitude. Props to Herrera, too, for not really calling them out on being so stuck up their own asses lol.

They are optimistic and they want to win so badly? What's bad about that? Everything they said was alright.

Croatian fans love their country very much and football is very important to us. We never back down, and we never act as pesimists.

Mexican fans though, they love their country too and football is important to them too, but they went on insulting all of us on Croatia's football page. They are making fun of our players, they are swearing and everything. That's being optimistic but they don't have to go that far. Also Mexican fans wanted to go in front of Croatia's hotel so our players couldn't rest and sleep. How low is that? Good thing is that our fans showed up first to support our players and i think Mexican fans didn't even show up.

I have the right to defend my country :P

Man, it's this kind of shit that makes me forget about who is better/worse and makes me root for a particular team. I certainly hope Modric and Kovac end up eating dirt while taking a plane back to Croatia after that "holier than thou" attitude. Props to Herrera, too, for not really calling them out on being so stuck up their own asses lol.

Not sure that I know what you mean, we haven't been on the last WC and in 2006 we haven't got past the group stage, in the qualifications for this WC we had a great first half, the fucked it up a bit, Kovač came and fixed stuff up, we were happy to go on WC again just to get fucked by a reff in a opening match which was obviously a set up cause it should have ended with a draw, we win against Cameroon on the most difficult conditions in the WC up to now and of course we think we can beat them, I don't see where is that "holier than thou" thing you saw but we are a better team and we should win this.

I'm not usually the one to be all patriotic and shit but this is just a realistic view of what happened and what should happen.Then again someone could say the same for Mexico cause I don't know their life story, I don't know how they performed in qualifying matches, I only know what they showed in WC and frankly comparing that, we are a better team.

Monday 23rd June 

Brazil 3-0 Cameroon

Croatia 2-1 Mexico

Netherlands 3-1 Chile

Australia 0-2 Spain

Tuesday 24th June 

Greece 0-2 Ivory Coast

Japan 1-2 Colombia

Costa Rica 2-2 England

Italy 1-2 Uruguay

ahahahahahah, lol, USA thought it had already won the match xD

Monday 23rd June 

Brazil 2-1 Cameroon (will see a lot of cheating favoring Brazil)

Croatia 1-2 Mexico

Netherlands 4-2 Chile

Australia 1-2 Spain

Tuesday 24th June 

Greece 0-2 Ivory Coast

Japan 1-0 Colombia

Costa Rica 2-0 England

Italy 1-2 Uruguay

Monday 23d June

Cameroon 1-2 Brazil

Croatia 0-3 Mexico

Australia 2-0 Spain

Netherlands 1-1 Chile (I know i am Dutch but Chile has a good team with players as Sanchez)

Tuesday 24th June

Greece 1-0 Ivory Coast

Japan 1-4 Colombia

Costa Rica 1-1 England

Italy 1-3 Uruguay 

Tuesday 24th June

Greece 0-2 Ivory Coast

Japan 1-3 Colombia

Costa Rica 2-1 England

Italy 2-2 Uruguay 

Finally got my first prediction right with the 2-0 win for the Netherlands against Chile, about time too.

Edited by heath_577

Not sure that I know what you mean, we haven't been on the last WC and in 2006 we haven't got past the group stage, in the qualifications for this WC we had a great first half, the fucked it up a bit, Kovač came and fixed stuff up, we were happy to go on WC again just to get fucked by a reff in a opening match which was obviously a set up cause it should have ended with a draw, we win against Cameroon on the most difficult conditions in the WC up to now and of course we think we can beat them, I don't see where is that "holier than thou" thing you saw but we are a better team and we should win this.

I'm not usually the one to be all patriotic and shit but this is just a realistic view of what happened and what should happen.Then again someone could say the same for Mexico cause I don't know their life story, I don't know how they performed in qualifying matches, I only know what they showed in WC and frankly comparing that, we are a better team.

The first half wasn't really great. All they did was defend. Kovac claimed he knew how to beat Brazil, but his tactic was to defend all the time and hope to get them with a counter-attack .After their attempts 'succeeded' thanks to an own-goal (i.e. they couldn't even score themselves), they decided to defend even more, which lead to them giving control of the game to Brazil, resulting in Neymar (unexpectedly) scoring. Then the ref gave them that bullshit penalty and then Brazil scored again. By that time, Croatia had barely played, let alone done anything, and when they tried to do something the match was nearly over and they were down 1-3. That's not a great match, let alone a great performance, and after how Kovac assured he knew what to do to win (and demonstrated that, in reality, he didn't) he comes back and claims yet again he knows how to win and that his team is vastly superior  :|? That sounds rather cocky, not optimistic.

Then Modric just says how their star striker has scored against 'better' goalkeepers in a very demeaning way, even though Ochoa has performed better than any goalkeeper in the whole cup.

Croatia has played one good game, and one very awful one, and the good one was against a vastly inferior Cameroon, so I wouldn't really say they "deserve" anything yet - not after they didn't even try to actually play against Brazil until they were down by two goals.

Time will tell what happens in the end, but let's remember there's no such thing as 'deserving to win' in sports, let alone in football, no matter who plays 'better'. It is, without a doubt, one of the most unfair in the world - just ask Cruyff or Zidane.

They are optimistic and they want to win so badly? What's bad about that? Everything they said was alright.

Croatian fans love their country very much and football is very important to us. We never back down, and we never act as pesimists.

Mexican fans though, they love their country too and football is important to them too, but they went on insulting all of us on Croatia's football page. They are making fun of our players, they are swearing and everything. That's being optimistic but they don't have to go that far. Also Mexican fans wanted to go in front of Croatia's hotel so our players couldn't rest and sleep. How low is that? Good thing is that our fans showed up first to support our players and i think Mexican fans didn't even show up.

I have the right to defend my country :P

HAHAHAHA, they said they'd do that? That's hilariously idiotic, but fan antics shouldn't really matter when talking about teams like we are now (even if they are disgusting sometimes, like the one in the Ghana - Germany match), for unlike the players, they're not playing. As for the "optimism", see my reply above.