Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2024

4 hours ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Are there any 10/10 games that you haven't already completed?🤣

I've got a few I've started and not finished actually, these will be a good reason to go back to them for sure. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 1:00 PM, Rebourne07 said:

No problem man :) You can change your games and stay in the challenge, it just forfeits the badge. Keep going :)

That's fine. I first wanted the badge and that was why I joined the challenge, but I feel like I could possibly get more fun out of games that I like and the badge wasn't really worth it. I will platinum your recommendation for 6/10, however, as I really think I was MO by not playing the game that everyone was crazy about. And Yuffie is cooler in HD, running around in a Moogle cloak for the first part of the Intergrade. ^_^

13 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

@Rebourne07 Can people use this guide as a 7/10, it's no longer the preferred guide on the site but it was once.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - Trophy Guide and Roadmap - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - PlayStationTrophies.org

Yep, it's still good.

12 hours ago, zajac9999 said:

@Rebourne07 Is it still possible to join this or too late now?

Yep, you can join anytime

11 hours ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Are there any 10/10 games that you haven't already completed?🤣

@zajac9999 omg lol @D-E-U-S-X is right, you've completed them all already 😂

• Like 2

Could somebody explain the Hard Mode badge to me? Its a list of 10 games that are 7 difficulty or higher? I thought the idea was to have difficulties ranging from 1-10, can we make a list of any 10 difficulties? Or does it need to include a game that is a 1/10 on one site, but also a 7/10 on another site? That seems really difficult lol.

32 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

Could somebody explain the Hard Mode badge to me? Its a list of 10 games that are 7 difficulty or higher? I thought the idea was to have difficulties ranging from 1-10, can we make a list of any 10 difficulties? Or does it need to include a game that is a 1/10 on one site, but also a 7/10 on another site? That seems really difficult lol.

Exactly, 10 games that are at least a 7, but you must have one game for each rating of 7, 8, 9, 10. So you could have like 7 games rated a 7, then a single 8, 9, and 10. Any non-Hard Mode list must have one each of 1 through 10, but you only need a single source for your difficulties, it doesn't matter if one site has it at 7/10 and another at 2/10 etc.

Here's my hard mode list as an example:

Edited by VersusCA
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, zajac9999 said:

Typically all lists are 1-10, but hard mode is 10 games 7-10. So a sample list could look like 77888889910 or 77777778910. It doesn’t need to be a lower rating on a different site. It’s inspired by @D-E-U-S-X doing 10 10/10s last year. In the main post under the Badges section there’s a Badge Clarifications section with additional info for each badge if needed. Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VersusCA said:

Exactly, 10 games that are at least a 7, but you must have one game for each rating of 7, 8, 9, 10. So you could have like 7 games rated a 7, then a single 8, 9, and 10. Any non-Hard Mode list must have one each of 1 through 10, but you only need a single source for your difficulties, it doesn't matter if one site has it at 7/10 and another at 2/10 etc.

Here's my hard mode list as an example:

Thanks for explaining. One thing this event is showing me is that there's some lesser known sites with wild ratings haha. I'll make myself a hard mode list among my others.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well, I am sad to say I can't take any of Rebourne's suggestions, not even FFVII Remake. As much as I'd love to try i t, it has to be replaced...

il_570xN.5133770654_7zmu.jpg

Because FFXIV is ALSO a 6/10 difficulty and I was never into FFVII(though I will platinum the original for this account to be consistent, though not for a while). Sorry Cloud, but Krile is going to Tural and I intend to join her. The Manderville Gold Saucer is FAR cooler than the crappy original Gold Saucer. :D

(Not dissing Yuffie, but... *deletes Remake off his PS5* Also, a shame that I can't share any of my screenshots because Sony is a d***face and decided to disable sharing on Twitter. :()

I also decided that, since there are almost no games with 1/10 difficulty and DLC that is disgusting(and while I was told about The Walking Dead DLC, I would rather have one foot in the grave than play a zombie apocalypse game), I decided to expand the content of this secondary account* to games that I am very hesitant to play due to the difficulty. Time to break out of my shell. 🐢

* Yes, I am doing this on another PSN account which has games I will play off and on but not try to get 100% in.

I'll put up a new list after I go take care of some basic physical bathroom needs. 😛

• Confused 3

Also, finally got my list out before I left the house to watch a Smash Brothers Melee tournament at my local anime cafe:

1. 1Sabfdae.png Even the Ocean (PlatPrices)
    This game can be platinumed in under an hour thanks to a debug code you can access that lets you skip all of the story elements, and the game has an option to skip the platforming parts as well.
    DLC: None, but then again, very few 1/10s have DLC.
  2. 1S3820c9.png Castle Pals (PlatPrices)
    I really enjoyed this game and you don't even have to get to the end of the game to get the platinum which is good because the difficulty would ramp up big-time if you had to do so due to how many levels this title has,and you swap characters every level - the boy can fly, and the girl can't fly but can do sick jump kicks.
    DLC: None, but I felt like Tales of Arise shouldn't be a 2/10. Still, it's an easy game but not super-easy.
  3. 1S8ed425.png Final Fantasy XVI (PlatPrices)
    I'm surprised this is so low on the difficulty meter in PlatPrices considering it's a little higher on PSNProfiles, but hey, I want an excuse to play as Clive Rosfield since he'll be coming to Eorzea in April when the FFXIV/FFXVI collab quest drops and has us fight Clive's version of the Lord of the Inferno, aka Ifrit. ^_^
    DLC: The Omega and Leviathan boss fights. I'll probably skip on those as just getting to Level 100 and fighting jacked-up Ultima is probably going to take years off my life already. 🥵
  4. 1Sa7d0c1.png Kingdom Hearts III (PSNProfiles)
    Don't get me wrong, I really love Sora and his adventures, and it even redeemed the Disney characters. (Before the Kingdom Hearts series, I avoided Disney like the plague because I thought the characters were too silly. My mind was traumatized by Minnie running a 'hip school' back in my younger years. Needless to say, every time I hear Elton John's song with the lyrics "Don't go breaking my heart", I have war flashbacks of Minnie Mouse pulling a Marilyn Monroe. 😢 ) The difficulty of superbosses, however, is too challenging for me. (To be fair, I only beat one Data Org member, Xaldin, and that was pure luck. I also got to Roxas on Critical Difficulty in KH2. He one-shot my as soon as the fight began. Please refrain from laughing at me. I didn't know Reflect was a thing. :angry:)

Still, I really am glad KH3 is easy to platinum even if some of the trophies are a pain, like Frozen Slider, Verum Rex mecha fight, and the cooking minigames. Needless to say, I am glad the EZ codes exist now, as I will be using them to get the cooking trophies as I am too old to be gnashing my teeth every time Sora fails to do the basic task of cracking an egg.)
    DLC: Re:MIND brought back the Data Org and a Lingering Will ultra boss. Yozora is cool but I think I'd rather scrap my dead gums(which are dead because my false teeth probably strangled them of oxygen) than fight him. :(
  5. 1Sf2a08d.png Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PlatPrices)
    Glad to see that PlatPrices knocked down the rating a bit. I really want to play as Yuffie Kisaragi.
    DLC: Oh wait, that's the DLC. The main Midgard stuff is bleh. Also, I am going to hate doing the minigames in Wall Market on Hard Mode. Well, Rebourne07 recommended this so I need to see if it's as fun as 99% of the populace say it is.
  6. 1Sa30a46.png Final Fantasy XIV (PS5 version) (PSNProfiles)
    This is my most beloved game in the list. I've gotten past Endwalker TWICE, both on Lalafells, and both now dead. (Well, Nemona will die soon when I cancel her account permanently.) I hope to have my femme Elezen(who might chug a Fantasia to become a female Pyroar when 7.0 drops the femme Hrothgar 😸) get to 6.1 as well, but I should as I got invited to a very active Free Company. I'm madly in love with this game. Not going to watch cutscenes, though, as they are long.
    DLC: Are you kidding me? Go check the trophy list out, they have DLCs for all the expansion and will add one for Dawntrail when it drops, and some of the trophies in the DLC are things I won't touch with a 100-yalm pole. (I'm looking at you, Pal-Less Palace.)
  7. 1S9ecdb6.png Terraria (PlatPrices)
    Part of me wanted to do Genshin Impact but I am not really eager to set up an internet account to some obscure Japanese company who just happened to be the creators. Besides, I have a video on download where a guy gets the platinum for this game, and I am willing to try it out due to its connection to Minecraft, which I just started earning trophies on in my secondary account.
    DLC:  More new bosses that can rip you a new one, ugh. :(
  8. 1S151985.png Baldur's Gate 2 (MetaGame)
    I don't know who put this as their 8/10 game but I am glad they did as I can delete Enter the Gungeon. I'm not against rogue-likes but I would prefer not to give myself tetanus by biting my arm over and over in rage. (Yes, that's something I do a lot, I sink my teeth into my right arm every time I snap. I did it a lot as a kid. It keeps me from destroying my house by throwing the controller through a window.) And I really enjoyed reading D&D content and watching videos about D&D campaigns... but I can't play D&D as I have no friends, so these games will probably be the next best thing. :(
    DLC: None, because it's an older game port. Still, I don't want to sully my main account with D&D nonsense. I know everyone and their grandmother is going to dance on Baldur's Gate 3, because it won the GOTY awards, but I'm not ready to go there yet and it might be a higher difficulty.
  9. 1Se3806b.png Spelunky 2 (PlatPrices)
    Yes, I am deleting Enter the Gungeon, but playing this instead. It's a side-scroller so it's a lot more tolerable. And yes, I know I will die. A lot. See below.
    DLC: I don't know if this has DLC.
  10. 1S4f770b.png The Binding of Issac: Rebirth (PlatPrices)
    I really enjoyed watching people doing runs of this game, but never wanted to invest as having to redo runs over and over until you gt lucky and didn't die to the final boss was terrible. Then I heard about a sort of exploit that lets you make a 'save state' in the room you are in and, if you die, before the death screen shows, you can pause the game, exit, and reload your save state to try again. This won't nerf the difficulty too much, but it will allow me to see what the next room has for me and plan accordingly.
    DLC: Yeah, I didn't download any of the DLC additions - playing classic Binding of Issac is the safest way I can keep my sanity due to how many Bulls*** challenges they add in Afterbirth and Repentance. Don't get me start on the glitch city challenge. 😭

(I joked about deleting FFVII Remake, because I can now put it on the list! But I got the free copy from PS+. Does that count or must I pay $70 for the Intergrade version?)

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

How did you upload your screenshot? You can't upload screenshots to Twitter anymore from the PS4/PS5.

I upload the screenshot to the PS App on my phone (under Game Library > Captures). Custom screenshots are automatically uploaded here, trophy screenshots can be manually uploaded to it via an option on the console. 

From there, I download it to my phone, send it to myself via email then upload it to an image hosting site (such as imgbb, imgur etc.). Paste the link from the site into the post, and done. I guess you can upload directly from your phone to the image hosting site too, I just like to do it all on PC. 

You can also take any screenshots from your console using a USB, then upload from your PC from the USB directly. 

21 hours ago, BigE1286 said:

Hi guys, hope y'all started well into the new year. 🫡

After a pretty lazy 2023 in terms of platinums for me, I'll do my best to complete at least 2 lists this year.

9/10 Lies of P (PSTrophies.org)

10/10 Injustice: Gods Among Us (PSTrophies.org)

Solid 9 game there, Big! I would also recommend Evil Within for your 10/10 if you sub out Injustice, but either way, you got this!

17 hours ago, zajac9999 said:

Alright, made 2 lists so far

1st list 

4/10 Persona 4 Golden (125 hours)

5/10 FF VII remake (60 hours) 
6/10 FF X-2 (130 hours)

List 2 
9/10 Lies of P

Your first list to tackle is going to be a joy, zajac! Nice to see Lies of P getting some love and attention (alongside P4G & FFVII Intergrade)! Lies of P is a fantastic game and deserves more than it received, tbh. As for FFX-2, I personally enjoyed it and hopefully you will as well. Not the most appealing game compared to X, but it grew on me after awhile. The Soundtracks for all the games quoted are a blast to listen to. Enjoy!

On 1/3/2024 at 8:24 PM, InfinateEternity said:

Going through my backlog, I do have several harder games that I need to clear. So, even though I failed this challenge last year, I'd like to try again. I've made up a goal list of RPGs & Ultra-Rares from my backlog I'd like to get done this year (besides my entry for 1 - finding RPGs that are rated that low was surprisingly difficult - I've gone with an F2P 100% game for that). I do have 1 PS5 game in there, because I got the game for Christmas and would like to play it. I'm also planning to let a second 1-10 list develop mostly organically over the course of the year as I tackle my backlog, so that I have games to swap around as needed - particularly if time gets away from me, lol.

Key: ▶️ = Playing/In-Progress     = Not Started 

List 1 Games (RPGs & URs):

▶️ 1/10 - Paraiso Island (PSNP)

▶️ 2/10 - The Legend of Dragoon (PST)

▶️ 3/10 - Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (PSNP) - The PS3 and Vita trophy lists are identical.

▶️ 4/10 - Trinity Universe (PSNP)

5/10 - Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (PSNP)

▶️ 6/10 - Omega Quintet (PST) 

▶️ 7/10 - Tales of Symphonia (PSNP) 

▶️ 8/10 - 3D Dot Game Heroes (PST)

9/10 - Lies of P (PST)

▶️ 10/10 - Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International (PST)

So4 for 10/10 is asking for trouble. The mad lad you are - but good luck on the journey! Proud to say I did it twice already, which is enough for me. XD

• Like 3

9 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

I upload the screenshot to the PS App on my phone (under Game Library > Captures). Custom screenshots are automatically uploaded here, trophy screenshots can be manually uploaded to it via an option on the console. 

From there, I download it to my phone, send it to myself via email then upload it to an image hosting site (such as imgbb, imgur etc.). Paste the link from the site into the post, and done. I guess you can upload directly from your phone to the image hosting site too, I just like to do it all on PC. 

You can also take any screenshots from your console using a USB, then upload from your PC from the USB directly. 

I'll try the USB method as I can't seem to find the option on the PS App to download screenshots.

EDIT: It worked. I have to disconnect my controller which some games don't like but all in all, it's great! I'll still have to bulk download but other than that, I think I can do pretty well. I might even be able to download videos from my PS5 and edit them with a local video editor! :D

Edited by ProfSeajay7

@Rebourne07 Do games that originated on the PC count for the Old School badge? For example, Muv-Luv was released in 2003 on the PC and the sequel was released in 2006, also on the PC. Both games are now on the Vita together in one game, released in 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muv-Luv

Also, does Spider Man: Miles Morales count for the Fanboy badge?

Edited by Yuber6969
Added Wikipedia link

4 hours ago, zajac9999 said:

@Rebourne07Could you give me 3 games for the roulette please. Maybe between 7-9 difficulty and I might use them in the hard mode list, or some other random list if I'm indecisive lol. 

Yeah I can give suggestions. Do you wanna fill out the gaming survey for this from the main post so I know more about what you like and don't like? If not I can just pick 3 games. And yeah I can do 3 7-9 games :) Just lemme know about the survey.

2 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

@Rebourne07 Do games that originated on the PC count for the Old School badge? For example, Muv-Luv was released in 2003 on the PC and the sequel was released in 2006, also on the PC. Both games are now on the Vita together in one game, released in 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muv-Luv

Also, does Spider Man: Miles Morales count for the Fanboy badge?

Yes that can count towards Old School and yes Miles Morales qualifies for Fanboy :)

• Like 3