A Dozen Games Announced for PS4

UndreyVITA

Source

The world of Source, even in its earliest versions, has always been an alternate dimension full of life, energy, and bio luminescence. Early on we looked at 80′s computer graphic movies like Tron, deep sea marine life, and fine surreal art for influence.

Jamestown Plus

Drifter

Drifter is an open-world, sandbox, space trading game with a procedurally-generated galaxy 100,000 light years across, made up of tens of thousands of star systems to explore and features an original soundtrack by composer Danny Baranowsky.

Chasm

Chasm, a procedurally-generated RPG Platformer coming to PS4 later this year. In Chasm, players take up the role of Daltyn, a young soldier sent to investigate the mysterious disappearance of a mining crew in the remote mountain town of Karthas.

Spelunky

Starwhal: Just the Tip

Nidhogg

Skulls of the Shogun

Skulls of the Shogun is a mash-up of turn-based strategy and fighting-game flare, scientifically engineered for lightning-quick rounds, thoughtful strategic play, and a frequently inappropriate sense of humor with its tongue planted firmly in cheek. And whether you’re into single or multiplayer, Skulls has you covered.

Apotheon

Ironclad Tactics

Ironclad Tactics is a fast-paced, card-based tactics game set in the American Civil War… with robots!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DsDUsovH3A

Escape Goat 2

Axiom Verge

Axiom Verge, a 2D side-scrolling action-adventure coming out on PS4 and PS Vita in early 2015. If you’ve not heard of Axiom Verge (or even if you have), the best thing to do is to put on your best pair of headphones and watch the trailer below:

Chariot

Chariot is a 2D, couch co-op adventure platformer in which two players must work together to guide a chariot through underground levels using physics-based mechanics such as pushing, pulling, riding, reeling, and so on. But don’t worry; even though the game is designed for multiplayer shenanigans, it’s also super fun to play solo.

14008911251_0871625741_z.jpg

Edited by UndreyVITA
  • Like 2

I actually like that they're releasing so many Indie games. A lot of people complain about the lack of games for the PS4 and these games are rectifying that problem. Plus, it isn't like having a lot of Indie games on a system is preventing first and third party developers from releasing games, so even if they aren't your cup of tea more games is always a good thing. 

Parker

• Like 2

This is good to add up to the PS4's gamelist, regardless of the budget or the kind of development of the titles. These games are refreshing and are just another branch of the full-fledged gaming experience the PS4 is building up to give anytime soon. Systems can't be born with a perfect library alongside them, so any addition to the gamelist is more than welcomed, it's just a matter of time that the rest of the gaming branches start arriving to the system, the future looks quite bright to me :D

• Like 3

This is good to add up to the PS4's gamelist, regardless of the budget or the kind of development of the titles. These games are refreshing and are just another branch of the full-fledged gaming experience the PS4 is building up to give anytime soon. Systems can't be born with a perfect library alongside them, so any addition to the gamelist is more than welcomed, it's just a matter of time that the rest of the gaming branches start arriving to the system, the future looks quite bright to me :D

I actually like that they're releasing so many Indie games. A lot of people complain about the lack of games for the PS4 and these games are rectifying that problem. Plus, it isn't like having a lot of Indie games on a system is preventing first and third party developers from releasing games, so even if they aren't your cup of tea more games is always a good thing. 

Parker

These are the proper mindsets.

Edited by UndreyVITA
  • Like 2

Those games are perfect on vita. Seriously all the indie games that I played so far, almost all of then at least in my opinion played better on Vita. Probably because I love it so much, lol. Don't know.

• Like 1

While these games look awesome I just have one question...Why do they need to be on the PS4? I mean we were all so excited about the next generation and so far there really hasn't been anything that has warranted it.

Pretty sure its how you can develop it closer to pc and what not

Im all for indie games. Some of em are great, some arent. Just because we have more options and developers have more outlets its win win. Youll still get a CoD yearly if thats what you want

Pretty sure its how you can develop it closer to pc and what not

Im all for indie games. Some of em are great, some arent. Just because we have more options and developers have more outlets its win win. Youll still get a CoD yearly if thats what you want

I love Indy games as well, but there is no reason these games couldn't be released on PS3 or Vita. I just don't feel we needed a new console generation yet as the PS3 was still going strong. The only reason Sony had to put out the PS4 was because Nintendo and Microsoft HAD to put out a new system to compete.

I love Indy games as well, but there is no reason these games couldn't be released on PS3 or Vita. I just don't feel we needed a new console generation yet as the PS3 was still going strong. The only reason Sony had to put out the PS4 was because Nintendo and Microsoft HAD to put out a new system to compete.

I was more so saying the ps4 is similar to pc architecture and sony are being indie friendly. Hence why its happening on the ps4

Leave it to a topic about indie games to bring out the people who apparently think what they like is what everyone else likes and how dare anyone make a game they don't like. Grow up people.

At first glance none of these games look like anything I'd be interested in but I at least know that people have different tastes and not every game is going to please everyone and I'm perfectly fine with that. I hope those who do end up playing these games enjoy them.

Edited by BooneJusticius
  • Like 1

Leave it to a topic about indie games to bring out the people who apparently think what they like is what everyone else likes and how dare anyone make a game they don't like. Grow up people.

At first glance none of these games look like anything I'd be interested in but I at least know that people have different tastes and not every game is going to please everyone and I'm perfectly fine with that. I hope those who do end up playing these games enjoy them.

Perfect post! Just like I said before. In my opinion all of those indie games ( at least the ones I already played) looks and feels awesome on Vita. And people who like those games on Ps4( can play then if they wish to do so)

There's no need for bashing games

And it happens to me actually, I Don like at all call of duty or battlefield l, but I will never say any of those games are bad, because I know a lot of people loves then and also because I know they are not "bad" games, is just not for me.

Edited by Marcelo
  • Like 3

^ Oh god. 'Real games'?

I don't know about you, but I grew up in the 80s. I've been there, done that...I don't want nor need any more retro platformers, which the Indie scene seems to have a raging boner for these days. This is 2014, not 1984 and these games are not a reflection of the standards we should be applying to 'new' games for the PS4, ergo the 'real games' statement.

That said, I do like the look of Apotheon. Yes, it's a 2d side-scroller (gah...), but at least the art style is unique (ancient Egyptian / Mesopotamian / Persian / Greek paintings come to life), the gameplay is original and it properly reflects the gaming age we live in. 8-bit sprites have been done to death.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 1