[Discussion] 750 hours? Is it worth it?

CharlesB753

I've been keeping an eye out on this game since it looks interesting. I want to preface this by saying I know nothing about the game other than what the trailers have shown, and skimming the list.

Based on the fact that no one has earned the platinum, it would seems as though the "750 hours" from the guide is not completely baseless, eh?

Like I said, I don't know anything about the game, but I did notice that over 20 ratings, the guide yields a 2 star average rating. I did a brief scan and it looks like your typical run-of-the-mill average effort guide, so wanted to open up a discussion on why the guide is rated so poorly? 

Edit: changed the title to steer the discussion towards the length of the game. Are folks getting bored after 100 hours? 

Edited by CharlesB753
Overall topic has been answered, pivoting thread

1 hour ago, CharlesB753 said:

Still seems mind blowing that no one has gotten platinum yet. Typically, people race to be the first. How do you guys find the grind - are you getting bored of the game? 

Ive played the game for like 120 hours by now and its still loads of fun i find. 
Im also about 25% towards the deep pockets trophy which no one has yet. So by my own estimations 500 hours seems to be more accurate as to total playtime necessary for the platinum

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CharlesB753 said:

Cela semble toujours époustouflant que personne n’ait encore obtenu le platine. Généralement, les gens courent pour être les premiers. Comment trouvez-vous le rythme ? Vous en avez assez du jeu ? 

I've been playing this game around 10 hours a day since its release, i like it but then it becomes a little boring, i think 750h is really excessive, i currently have 30M in 215h.

So it would take more like 400-500h for the platinum.

• Like 2

People seem to be really enjoying this game, so if you’re the type of person who loves these kinds of online games or has a crew to run with I’m sure it would be worth it in the end — especially achieving that super rare plat!

As with all games of this kind though I’d imagine over time people will find ways to optimize the grind, or there will be new updates or events they run that make it a lot faster. It reminds me a bit of when Deep Rock Galactic came to PlayStation everyone was saying it was like a 500-600 hrs platinum initially, but people quickly figured out a way to cut that grind in half.

I’d say definitely worth it. Probably my favorite multiplayer shooter in a long time. Easily can get 50million if you like the game enough and just play it for fun. If you hate MP shooters though I’d say avoid. 

Edit about a week later:

Okay so I've experienced some really "Youtube told me how to play" jank. You can tell everyone is choosing light to run around with a sword and invisibility. If that isn't OP i don't know what is I guess. Is the game still worth it? Eh I guess. I would say go into it expecting every random to be light and do what the latest tiktok/youtube showed them

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin

If you have a good team and play bank It this should take closer to 350 hours. on the otherhand if you don't have a squad and don't win most games then sure it will take longer but I don't see it ever taking 750 hours unless you are insanely unlucky

On 12/31/2023 at 6:34 PM, SchyzoFrench67 said:

I've been playing this game around 10 hours a day since its release, i like it but then it becomes a little boring, i think 750h is really excessive, i currently have 30M in 215h.

So it would take more like 400-500h for the platinum.

Are you grinding a specific mode, i mean, what is your point about what game mode give more cash to achieve 50M? Bank it? Tournament?

56 minutes ago, yatashi said:

Are you grinding a specific mode, i mean, what is your point about what game mode give more cash to achieve 50M? Bank it? Tournament?

Bank it is 100% the fastest way to do this game. 40k in possibly 5-10 minutes is amazing for what is offered

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, yatashi said:

Top ranked players on the official leaderboard just passed 50M+ $ 🤑 
But none of them are chasing platinium trophy i guess! 

PC has had the game way longer than us. so they are more than likely PC players. 

Edited by Zackeurysm
  • Like 1

Currently I’ve reached 10 million and I still love this game, although I only play on PC.

To be honest, I actually enjoy this game so much I’ve been thinking about switching to console to plat this game. Really the only thing holding me back is having to use a controller. The amount of mental abuse I’d have to endure in order to get use to competitive shooters on controller again is too much for me right now lol

On 1/6/2024 at 9:25 PM, iDavjd said:

Currently I’ve reached 10 million and I still love this game, although I only play on PC.

To be honest, I actually enjoy this game so much I’ve been thinking about switching to console to plat this game. Really the only thing holding me back is having to use a controller. The amount of mental abuse I’d have to endure in order to get use to competitive shooters on controller again is too much for me right now lol

You can always just plug a mouse and keyboard and play it lol