Trophies for No Return

I think it would only autopop if you manually import your PS4 save from the menu, which converts it to a PS5 save and pops the trophies right then. At least that's how the autopop on PS5 worked for the Uncharted 4 remaster. So if you want to start from scratch and re-obtain the platinum just don't import the save.

1 hour ago, Culturegeek said:

I loved The Last of Us Part 2 so much I wouldn't have minded platting it again. Too bad it autopops. 

Why not just temporarily delete your TLoU2 PS4 save data from your PS5? Platinum Remastered and then redownload your saves.

Edit: Didn’t see emailking’s response. Does this site not let you delete comments?

Edited by JamieHexum

22 minutes ago, JamieHexum said:

Why not just temporarily delete your TLoU2 PS4 save data from your PS5? Platinum Remastered and then redownload your saves.

Edit: Didn’t see emailking’s response. Does this site not let you delete comments?

Yeah I don't think you can delete. Just edit and say nevermind or something. I had to do that earlier with a question about No Return and right after realized the answer was in the trophy list lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamieHexum said:

As said above, you can edit your posts. If you’d like them removed, just report the post you’d like removed, add the explanation that you’d like it removed in the report, and a moderator will remove the post. 

• Like 1

According to Powerpyx's Trophy Guide you can use accessibility options for the Grounded mode trophy (and others).

They mention 'Enemies Don't Flank' and 'Reduced Enemy Accuracy', as two settings in particular that can be helpful. There's probably the invisible whilst prone option too.

https://www.powerpyx.com/the-last-of-us-2-remastered-no-return-dlc-trophy-guide-roadmap

Edited by BusyFace13
  • Like 2

Well if you can use invisible while prone this gets a lot easier. But the thing is once you're discovered it doesn't work anymore (unless you can make the enemies forget you) and in the course of 5 levels you're likely to get  discovered a few times.

An interesting note is that if you delete and reinstall the game you can apparently attempt the daily run again so that might be useful if an "easy" run is generated and you die.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, emailking said:

Well if you can use invisible while prone this gets a lot easier. But the thing is once you're discovered it doesn't work anymore (unless you can make the enemies forget you) and in the course of 5 levels you're likely to get  discovered a few times.

An interesting note is that if you delete and reinstall the game you can apparently attempt the daily run again so that might be useful if an "easy" run is generated and you die.

A lot of encounters start with enemies in combat so the invisible while prone isn't always helpful, doesn't work on boss encounters either. Took me about a week of attempts to get the daily grounded done.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I'm popping the auto-plat and Grounded mode, skipping No Return. Personally not a fan of roguelite modes and IMO the last thing this game needed was such a mode. Each to their own! 

I'll be doing the same, minus the grounded mode (no DLC; no exceptions)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

I mean, everyone has their preferences, but imagine explaining this "hobby" to an ordinary person. You purchase a game you've already completed, briefly open it for about a minute while ignoring the new content you paid for just to artificially boost a score that is ironically labeled as trophies (or even better, achievements on other platforms), and then close it, perhaps never to play it again. Now, read that with a straight face. I can't.

I was just making a general comment on me not being a fan of roguelites and possibly skipping the DLC as a result. 

Not that it matters, but I genuinely love this game, and to me it has replay value on its own. If PS4 and PS5 lists were shared like on Xbox, which I’ve gone on record on here saying is the better system; I’d pay for the upgrade anyway. I have played it 2.5 - 3 times, to plat, for the permadeath update and a partial playthrough with my wife for fun (why it’s 55 hours playtime on my stats and not closer to 40-45) which we didn’t get around to finishing. I typically don’t replay games I’ve completed before as I like completing new experiences regularly, especially on Xbox (main system), but I have some exceptions - BioShock 1, Infinite, Half Life 2, TLOU 1 (maybe 4 times on PS3). It’s quiet right now for me aside from possibly starting Persia on Xbox, so may replay some of this first. If I don’t then whatever, I’ll just get the auto pop and maybe get to it another time. 

All that being said, I’m not going to say no to an Auto Pop for a game I’m likely to get life out of in the near future anyway. 

May also change my mind on the DLC as it’s TLOU, but I recently did Ragnarok Valhalla and didn’t enjoy it in what was my 2022 GOTY. Will likely be the same here, and given Grounded Daily I’ll pass for now at least. Kudos to those who do it. 

Many on here either pay for next to free shovelware platinums, do stack after stack, or make forums when a uber rare plat gets some easier technique, why the judgement? We are all different. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 4

The permadeath trophy didn’t pop for me. Everything else did.

It says it is “COMPLETE” so I’m guessing it has something to do with me not being able to go back in completely for it to register, but I don’t know. 

Edited by riku1274

On 1/19/2024 at 5:53 AM, riku1274 said:

The permadeath trophy didn’t pop for me. Everything else did.

It says it is “COMPLETE” so I’m guessing it has something to do with me not being able to go back in completely for it to register, but I don’t know. 

A few people have had this issue. 

For Ellie's challenge where you have to collect every gun in one run, does it just come down to luck? I always do the deliveries and buy weapons from the trading post (including rerolls) and I somehow always miss one weapon. It's getting a bit annoying.

Just finished the No Return trophies. I think it's a nice list. Maybe required a couple too many runs, but could be minimized with proper planning. The daily run on grounded does offer a challenge which can be reduced by the accessibility options and current save exploits. I would assume this gets patched soon, so get it quick. I'm not going to auto pop the Platinum and enjoy the remastered version. Onwards!

19 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

For Ellie's challenge where you have to collect every gun in one run, does it just come down to luck? I always do the deliveries and buy weapons from the trading post (including rerolls) and I somehow always miss one weapon. It's getting a bit annoying.

Basically yes.

Doing the gambit challenges for extra currency to spend on rerolling the shop and always using a drop box if it spawns should be enough to get all guns, but I guess technically it does come down to RNG.

• Like 2