Trophies for No Return

10 minutes ago, Micola7h said:

I am still a little bit confused...but if I read it correctly, the DLC is only for the PS5 version. Am I correct? So my 100% throphies for the PS4 version will be untouched?!

Yes, this is a PS5 only release.

15 minutes ago, Mendarxis said:

Cool list. But does anybody know if the game will contain the grounded/permadeath dlc trophy list too? Or will that dlc trophy list be removed and replaced by the no return dlc list?

From powerpyx:

The Last of Us II PS5 Remaster is confirmed to autopop the main game trophies if you have a platinumed PS4 save. Grounded Mode is a DLC list so none of these trophies are needed for Platinum. If you platinumed the game on PS4 you can instantly pop the PS5 platinum with the old save. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Dion_VL said:

The Last of Us II PS5 Remaster is confirmed to autopop the main game trophies if you have a platinumed PS4 save. 

I really want to get all the original trophies again so hopefully deleting all my PS4 version saves will actually prevent the autopop.

I was expecting them to remove the Grounded/Permadeath DLC list because they removed all difficulty related trophies from Part 1, so it's great they're still there as their own list.

The No Return list looks pretty good. Way more in depth than I was expecting! I haven't seen any of the trailers etc so I'm interested to see how the Ellie/Abby 'faction tracks' play out.

Edited by BusyFace13

S rank (depending on whether difficulty affects your rank) could be easy if you just do a run on the easiest difficulty. Grounded difficulty daily run will prob be the hardest trophy out of all of this. Time limited/Once per day + RNG mods for your run could be a matter of skill but ultimately luck. The faction challenge tracks will probably just be grindy. Overall, this list looks solid. Looking forward to this DLC.

Also guessing no trophy for Lost Levels? I guess they're just short little gameplay sections that don't really warrant trophies.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

Do we know how long a run is supposed to be? If it's just completing a level I might be able to do that on grounded. If it's beating many levels in a row, no dying, I probably won't be able too. I also wonder if we'll be able to use accessibility stuff like auto-aim and invisible while prone like you can on grounded in the main game ad it doesn't affect the trophy.

25 minutes ago, emailking said:

Do we know how long a run is supposed to be? If it's just completing a level I might be able to do that on grounded. If it's beating many levels in a row, no dying, I probably won't be able too.

It's 5 or so levels that you must survive in a row, followed by a boss fight at the end.

1 hour ago, emailking said:

Do we know how long a run is supposed to be? If it's just completing a level I might be able to do that on grounded. If it's beating many levels in a row, no dying, I probably won't be able too. I also wonder if we'll be able to use accessibility stuff like auto-aim and invisible while prone like you can on grounded in the main game ad it doesn't affect the trophy.

This can go either way. On one hand Naughty Dog has been consistent with adding accessibility features to their games lately, on the other hand if there's an online leaderboard component, they wouldn't want to give anyone unfair advantage. Maybe they'll make it so using those options invalidates any leaderboard scores but not trophies

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 10:29 AM, mddowlin said:

This can go either way. On one hand Naughty Dog has been consistent with adding accessibility features to their games lately, on the other hand if there's an online leaderboard component, they wouldn't want to give anyone unfair advantage. Maybe they'll make it so using those options invalidates any leaderboard scores but not trophies

I have a feeling the Daily Run on Grounded will be as hard or harder than Survival mode on Crushing for Uncharted 4 was.  If it is that's really disappointing. 

6 hours ago, emailking said:

If you fail a daily run can you try again or you have to wait for the next day? Do we know. Sorry, I'm not really familiar with this game mechanic.

This is an "online" trophy. Daily Runs are the same for everyone, and differs each day. You have one attempt to put your score up on the leaderboard. Score is based on your completion time, accuracy, headshots, etc.  If you die or abandon a run, you will have to try again tomorrow. No second chances. For this trophy you have to finish a run on the hardest difficulty, your score does not matter. The server randomly decides what the locations, enemy types, weapons and mods are for the day. So, the difficulty of this trophy also depends on what the server chooses. Some days will be easier, some days will be much harder.

Edited by Dion_VL

2 hours ago, Darksider said:

...is it ok if my saves are on the PSN Cloud and not on the PS5?

You should be fine doing this, yes.

I really did like TLOU2 and I think the $10 upgrade is fair considering the extra shit you get but the game is just so damn long that I can't imagine putting games I haven't played yet on the back burner in order to play this one. 

So I'll be skipping it entirely. 

9 hours ago, Dion_VL said:

This is an "online" trophy. Daily Runs are the same for everyone, and differs each day. You have one attempt to put your score up on the leaderboard. Score is based on your completion time, accuracy, headshots, etc.  If you die or abandon a run, you will have to try again tomorrow. No second chances. For this trophy you have to finish a run on the hardest difficulty, your score does not matter. The server randomly decides what the locations, enemy types, weapons and mods are for the day. So, the difficulty of this trophy also depends on what the server chooses. Some days will be easier, some days will be much harder.

What is your source for this, because ive seen daily run stuf in games before and it never was an once a day attept. Its almost always just a challange that changes every day, but you can attept it as much as you like during that day. Maybe it is not in this DLC, but I havent seen any official explanation of this daily run anywere. Care to link ?

Edit: I found it.

* Every player will have one shot at the same randomly generated run with the same character. See how you fair against other Part II Remastered players thanks to a leaderboard where you can track how your score and runtime stack up.

Edited by Bunkerbudy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Darksider said:

I don't want to autopop any main game trophies, is it ok if my saves are on the PSN Cloud and not on the PS5? Or should I also delete them from the Cloud?

If it works like FF7 Remake then you should just be able to start without importing your save and play from scratch. Then import your save whenever you plan to autopop, if at all. 

I’ve done this for both FF7 Remake and Jedi Fallen Order. Replayed the stories and imported to complete the platinum.

Is No Return in general an online mode and you can only play it once a day, or is it just the daily run that is online and you can only attempt it once a day?

Edit: from the trophy list I guess there are different game types so maybe daily run is one type.

Edited by emailking

Just now, emailking said:

Is No Return in general an online mode and you can only play it once a day, or is it just the daily run that is online and you can only attempt it once a day?

It's an offline mode. Daily Run is online, since you need to 'download' today's run from the server 

On 1/12/2024 at 5:08 AM, Dion_VL said:

The Last of Us II PS5 Remaster is confirmed to autopop the main game trophies if you have a platinumed PS4 save. Grounded Mode is a DLC list so none of these trophies are needed for Platinum. If you platinumed the game on PS4 you can instantly pop the PS5 platinum with the old save. 

I loved The Last of Us Part 2 so much I wouldn't have minded platting it again. Too bad it autopops.