Has 'May Your Death Be Swift' work around been patched already?

After 4 attempts at the boss (Colossus of the garage) i finally succeeded!! 👍😁😅 Thank for the tip my friend. A piece of advice playing in slow motion mode (press) against the boss helps a lot. So when i lost i quit the game as quickly as possible and download my save again, then i simple résumé the activity.

PS: a Big thank you to Optinooby 👍

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cybermonk39 said:

After 4 attempts at the boss (Colossus of the garage) i finally succeeded!! 👍😁😅 Thank for the tip my friend. A piece of advice playing in slow motion mode (press) against the boss helps a lot. So when i lost i quit the game as quickly as possible and download my save again, then i simple résumé the activity.

PS: a Big thank you to Optinooby 👍

Thanks for extra confirmation that it works ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Ok, so it all works, just popped both Daily Run trophies at once along with the S rank trophy on an alt that I had to buy 1 months PSPlus for to test.

So this is how to do it.

-- Open Daily Run on grounded, then once in the safehouse, upload your save.

-- Resume the No Return activity card, then do the next encounter. Once in the safehouse again, backup your save, then resume No Return activity and repeat until you finish it.

-- If you die at anytime, just close app as soon as possible, download the save and resume the No Return activity card as usual and continue!

So no need to even turn off the network!!! As say, i tested it, died countless times and this all works, never had to turn off network.

I now it sounds too simple to be true, but this does in fact work!! After dying, i'm literally right back to where I was retrying again 30 seconds later!

What happens if you don't resume it via the activity card, is the option to resume the run in game is not available. But I think this is a bug because all the other options state 'You already have a run in progress' or 'This will overwrite your current run'!! But there is no option to resume your current run, like a bug!! The resume option magically appeared for me one time though while leaving the leaderboard tab. So all this made me think there maybe a way to get this working, hence this very simple method outlined that seems to work!!

Im not sure if the speed at which you quit after dying impacts this, but for details, I literally just closed app as soon as a death animation for myself triggered.

Hope that works out, keep us all updated if it works for anyone else!

Thank you for your testing, just one silly question: i never used the activity card, so how do i have to resume via activity card? So for example, i'm in the safehouse, i press the PS button, backup the save on the cloud, and the how can i return to the game?

25 minutes ago, Walmiltur said:

Thank you for your testing, just one silly question: i never used the activity card, so how do i have to resume via activity card? So for example, i'm in the safehouse, i press the PS button, backup the save on the cloud, and the how can i return to the game?

Dont click on the game itself, hover over the game, then scroll down twice I think to get to Activity Cards and as long as you're online and done everything right, you will see a No Return activity card. Highlight that and press the resume activity button that is prompted and it will take you straight to where you made the backup

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Dont click on the game itself, hover over the game, then scroll down twice I think to get to Activity Cards and as long as you're online and done everything right, you will see a No Return activity card. Highlight that and press the resume activity button that is prompted and it will take you straight to where you made the backup

Thanks for this helpful trick. I'll go for it once there is a daily run again that has a path without infected encounters, especially hunted.

Idk how anybody can enjoy grounded in a one-try-per-day mode. That difficulty is just unfair, unbalanced RNG bullshit, even with every single cheap trick enabled.

2 minutes ago, VeganVermithor said:

Thanks for this helpful trick. I'll go for it once there is a daily run again that has a path without infected encounters, especially hunted.

Idk how anybody can enjoy grounded in a one-try-per-day mode. That difficulty is just unfair, unbalanced RNG bullshit, even with every single cheap trick enabled.

The infected maybe the easiest as no many ranged attacks. Hunted also has no reason to attack anybody.

Assuming accessibility options are all on pretty much, best way against enemies you have to kill is just to keep headshotting them all. Trying to be stealthy in these parts is the problem, just go loud.

For Hunted, you just keep crawling around until the time runs out.

I found the boss the worse as tonnes off enemies are thrown at you instantly, but I managed after running around the map slowly picking them off and surprisingly normal arrows do a lot of damage to the bloater.

3 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

The infected maybe the easiest as no many ranged attacks. Hunted also has no reason to attack anybody.

Assuming accessibility options are all on pretty much, best way against enemies you have to kill is just to keep headshotting them all. Trying to be stealthy in these parts is the problem, just go loud.

For Hunted, you just keep crawling around until the time runs out.

I found the boss the worse as tonnes off enemies are thrown at you instantly, but I managed after running around the map slowly picking them off and surprisingly normal arrows do a lot of damage to the bloater.

First infected hunted mode I played the enemies just rushed in, walked around me for 10 seconds being prone, then attacked for no reason. I assume the unlimited invis doesn't 100% work against them. Combined with their speed and the insta-killing clickers if you don't play a shiv character makes that faction by far the most frustrating 

I'll get it eventually.

Probably not tomorrow, as given my luck it will for sure  be rat king, which is another bullshit encounter only made difficult by pitch darkness so you don't know where the doors are, but oh well. At least we have cheats and aren't forced to play this as intended.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, VeganVermithor said:

First infected hunted mode I played the enemies just rushed in, walked around me for 10 seconds being prone, then attacked for no reason. I assume the unlimited invis doesn't 100% work against them. Combined with their speed and the insta-killing clickers if you don't play a shiv character makes that faction by far the most frustrating 

I'll get it eventually.

Probably not tomorrow, as given my luck it will for sure  be rat king, which is another bullshit encounter only made difficult by pitch darkness so you don't know where the doors are, but oh well. At least we have cheats and aren't forced to play this as intended.

Grounded they are scripted to investigate near your location and they will spot you if they come within about 1 step.

So what you must do is keep crawling around the map so you're mostly always ahead of them.

If you do get spotted, you can run away and go prone when out of sight and you will usually go invisible again.

You cant just lay down in the corner because they will eventually come into 1 step of you and spot you, you must keep crawling around, worked for me, no combat for any of the Hunteds on todays run.

13 minutes ago, Simo-svk said:

You mean to resume via acitivity card from PS5 main menu ?

Yep thats the one mate, as far as I know there are no other activity cards anywhere else

• Like 4

Indeed it will continue to crawl otherwise it will end up coming towards you and you will be spotted especially in partitioned places

Yes you have to resume from the activity card when it is marked resume or continue or even launch it works too

Even on Very Light difficulty in Hunted mode, the infected will come over to your hiding spot, no matter how out of the way it is, and give up your location by tripping over you.

Thank you for the tip, @Optinooby. I can’t wait to give it a try tonight.

Edited by JamieHexum

Just  got the trophy on the new daily run 1/22 with Tommy thanks to @Optinooby Wouldn't have got it without the PSplus trick. For the daily run today its a really good route if you follow the top route. Only one Capture and the rest are hunted you can just crawl around. Leaves you with plenty of supplies for The Rattler Captain

3 minutes ago, N7Spartansw0rd said:

Just  got the trophy on the new daily run 1/22 with Tommy thanks to @Optinooby Wouldn't have got it without the PSplus trick. For the daily run today its a really good route if you follow the top route. Only one Capture and the rest are hunted you can just crawl around. Leaves you with plenty of supplies for The Rattler Captain

Got this stupid trophy now. Today top route is very easy. @Optinoobybig thanks. Your method perfect works. I beat final boss in my 4th attemps. Stupid 4 dogs with him.

26 minutes ago, BusyFace13 said:

Is there a special way you need to quit out of the game at the safehouse to upload your save? Can you just close the app, or do you need to exit the run properly first?

Doesnt matter as long as its from the safehouse

• Like 3

Just now, TheWandererHere said:

Any tips for today’s boss? (Rattler Captain)

With the slow motion it's really easy, if you prone you just gonna die all the time is better just fight the guys. I just done a minute ago.

I'll be sure to try this method in the future. Wish I knew about before starting today as I died at the boss :( Capture and non-Infected Hunted are free passes, so it was nice to have a safe trip to the boss. I guess invisible while prone doesn't work on bosses on Grounded? That caught me by surprise haha. Oh well. So long as this method remains viable, it'll be a matter of when and not if, so I'm grateful :)

• Haha 1

Just now, BrilloHD said:

I'll be sure to try this method in the future. Wish I knew about before starting today as I died at the boss :( Capture and non-Infected Hunted are free passes, so it was nice to have a safe trip to the boss. I guess invisible while prone doesn't work on bosses on Grounded? That caught me by surprise haha. Oh well. So long as this method remains viable, it'll be a matter of when and not if, so I'm grateful :)

It work on bosses but unlike hunter you need to kill them and if you shot one of them they gonna rushing to you and you can't go invisible any more, I die 3 times trying to go prone and kill one buy one, is better going blazing.

1 minute ago, TheWandererHere said:

Any tips for today’s boss? (Rattler Captain) 

It’s just trial and error. Even with all the cheese, it’s way harder than you’d think. Save your high damage items for the boss of course. On my winning round, I wound up taking out as many as I could (maybe 5 or 6 at most), and then making my way back to that bathroom that’s in the corner. Once I had a little space to regroup, I just went back and forth from doorway to doorway. Moving back and forth, they surprisingly weren’t too bad about flanking or following me in there. Finally got the boss to come back my way and I took the flamethrower to her as I probably wasted half my pipe bombs on dogs. Even once I ran out of ammo and switching back and forth between those two doorways, I think it gave me enough room to clear out what was left.

Sometimes the trophy gods bless us with these exploits. Worked like a charm. Today's run did seem easier than the last couple. First try!

I'm really enjoying this mode, however locking you out after one failed run seems a tad harsh. I did about 5 runs yesterday, re-downloading the game, was such a pain. Now I can enjoy this plat (again!).

Opti... what a guy. MVP.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, xRMx-PT said:

With the slow motion it's really easy, if you prone you just gonna die all the time is better just fight the guys. I just done a minute ago.

This did the trick! It only took 4 pipe bombs to take out the boss. Everyone else went down quite easily. I made my stand just behind where you spawn. Planted mines on both sides and used slow motion to line up headshots as they funnelled toward me.  

I’m enjoying this mode so far but this is one that I am glad to be done with! When I saw a much better exploit surface I had to give it a try. I only needed to resort to redownloading my save once, but this could be hell without a contingency plan. 

@Optinooby You’re truly the best, man. 

• Like 3