Has 'May Your Death Be Swift' work around been patched already?

Don't know if anyone knows this but you can use the "Dither Punk" filter to see the invisible enemies a little bit. 

It's not perfect and I've noticed they're quite difficult to see still (especially far away) but is better than nothing.

This way you'll see a bit of their silhouette (small dots on the upper torso) as they get close to you.

You can unlock the filter by going to "Extras", then "Filter Gallery".

I was doing the latest daily run with Dina and while I usually check the upcoming stages and which ones to avoid, I failed to notice one with the invisible enemies mod and had no choice but to do the encounter... I died in the first wave... lol

Which made me wonder if a filter could be of help and that's how I found this out.

Edited by Taizuke
  • Like 1

You can just scan to detect enemies with a square. I did this too today, died couple of times but after I started using scan, it was pretty easy. When you are detected just run away and go prone (enable prone invisibility), killed another enemies until detected, run away, prone and so on. 

• Like 1

In case it helps anyone, I've created a video showing how the workaround works. It's necessary to disable automatic save file sync for the game through your PS5 settings, and you must manually upload your Daily Run save to PS+ by exiting the run while in the Safe House. If you die afterwards, exit the game, download your save from PS+, and restart No Return from the Activity Card on your PS5 Home Screen (this step is important). Enjoy!

• Like 1

Thank you all, got it today 1/31 v.1.000.050 with Joël vs Ratking, save cloud and restart via card activity but I haven’t died once 😆 but I felt safe thanks this backup

ps:  sry I died once because I tried the low path with a mysterious encounter, bad decision it was an holdout 🤯

Edited by Quetzal187
  • Like 1

I've noticed that is fun doing the daily run because it feels like I'm working towards something. To see myself competing with others and seeing my results on the leaderboards even if I'm not that good. 

But, ever since I did all the challenges and the trophies it feels pointless to do a normal or custom run. I love the moment to moment gameplay but not enough to do it without a goal. 

It's not like I haven't set my own goals in other games before. I did countless runs of Hades and GOW: R Valhalla past the trophies, each time trying something different. 

As I type this I think I just realized that it may be due to this mode not being as fleshed out as other roguelikes.

Edited by Taizuke
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OSullivanJA said:

I finally got it today as Tommy and the Seraphite Elite boss 😅

I took the bottom row of missions and even let the Clickers take out all the Rattlers on the second last assault so I wouldn't waste any ammo.

Did you do it on patch 1.001.000? I ask cause the latest patch specifies the following:

https://feedback.naughtydog.com/hc/en-us/articles/23366772804756-The-Last-of-Us-Part-II-Remastered-Patch-1-1-0

• Fixed an issue where players could quit out during death in a No Return run without penalty

30 minutes ago, Taizuke said:

Did you do it on patch 1.001.000? I ask cause the latest patch specifies the following:

https://feedback.naughtydog.com/hc/en-us/articles/23366772804756-The-Last-of-Us-Part-II-Remastered-Patch-1-1-0

• Fixed an issue where players could quit out during death in a No Return run without penalty

It still works with Patch 1.1.0, I just tested it using the same method shown in my earlier post. I played today's Daily Run (Tommy) and backed up my save after completing the first encounter, then died on purpose in the second encounter. Restored my save and started from the Activity Card and was back in the safehouse as Tommy after the first encounter again.

Edited by Swotam
details
  • Like 3

On 2/2/2024 at 8:41 PM, Taizuke said:

I did it before the patch was released. But I was doing it with accessibility assistance rather than the PS+ exploit because I don't subscribe to be able to use the cloud backups.

• Like 1

I assume that note means you could quit in the moment of death and then restart without having to do any save exploit, and that that is now fixed. I doubt they patch the save exploit because I assume it would mean you can't save out in the hideout in no return in general even if it's not a daily run. I.e. every run would have to be completed in  one sitting which they probably don't want to do.

I'm still trying to get though 9 runs so I can even unlock the daily run lol.

Todays patch notes don't say anything about it being patched.  Hopefully it's something like the cheats exploit in the PS4 version and they can't patch it.  Eventually would like to get these trophies, but I hate these types of game modes so I'd only go for it if I can make it ad painless as possible.  No time to do it all right now either.  So if it's patched by the time I can do it then oh well.

3 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Todays patch notes don't say anything about it being patched.  Hopefully it's something like the cheats exploit in the PS4 version and they can't patch it.  Eventually would like to get these trophies, but I hate these types of game modes so I'd only go for it if I can make it ad painless as possible.  No time to do it all right now either.  So if it's patched by the time I can do it then oh well.

Just tried it today (Feb 13, Yara+Lev with Arcade Bloater) with Patch 1.1.1 and it still works.

Like anything, it's a question of what's worth fixing and what isn't. Fixing bugs takes time, effort, and costs money so devs need to decide what's worth assigning resources to and what isn't. Time spent working on one thing is time not spent working on something else, so priorities need to be set. Devs can patch anything if they decide to do so, the question is whether it's worth doing. Some niche bug that appeals to trophy hunters who probably want to get 100% and never touch the mode again probably doesn't take priority over the things they are taking time to fix with recent patches.

I also just got it today with Jesse vs the Theater Infestation. It’s not too bad if you take the top path really. I even managed to do all the dead drops and a couple gambits. I was super well stocked for the boss.

Thank you @Optinooby you’ve helped with this and getting me through FFVII REmake on Hard.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SiwyXpl said:

I tried today with PS+ saves in cloud and it didin't work. Might be already patched.

It’s not patched yet, I have done it after the latest patch and it haven’t been any new patch after that.

One thing that I noticed is that if you unlock a character skin or anything and them upload you save you can’t start the activity right away, you have to enter no return, skip the unlocking screen and then you can enter the activity. If you try to enter the activity after unlocking a skin you will be stuck forever in a black screen 

10 hours ago, Sapequete123 said:

It’s not patched yet, I have done it after the latest patch and it haven’t been any new patch after that.

One thing that I noticed is that if you unlock a character skin or anything and them upload you save you can’t start the activity right away, you have to enter no return, skip the unlocking screen and then you can enter the activity. If you try to enter the activity after unlocking a skin you will be stuck forever in a black screen 

So what am I doing wrong. Yesterday I uploaded save into cloud with 5/6 stage, the only boss left. (I have disabled auto-sync in settings) Then I died and immediately pressed ps button and quit the game. After that I downloaded my save from the cloud, then opened the game. I couldn't continue my run or start a new daily run but what's interesting while creating a new standard run, the game warned me that I would lose my progress in the latest run. So am I doing something incorrectly or what?

1 hour ago, SiwyXpl said:

So what am I doing wrong. Yesterday I uploaded save into cloud with 5/6 stage, the only boss left. (I have disabled auto-sync in settings) Then I died and immediately pressed ps button and quit the game. After that I downloaded my save from the cloud, then opened the game. I couldn't continue my run or start a new daily run but what's interesting while creating a new standard run, the game warned me that I would lose my progress in the latest run. So am I doing something incorrectly or what?

were you trying to continue your run using the PlayStation activity card? Because you try to continue your run or start a new one from the game menu it won’t work indeed. It will only work if you download you save and then use the activity card from PlayStation to “go back to no return”. You can see with images on the guide for no return here on psnp or in the YouTube video of optynoob

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sapequete123 said:

were you trying to continue your run using the PlayStation activity card? Because you try to continue your run or start a new one from the game menu it won’t work indeed. It will only work if you download you save and then use the activity card from PlayStation to “go back to no return”. You can see with images on the guide for no return here on psnp or in the YouTube video of optynoob

Oh, okey... I didn't know that, thank you. I will try this today. :D

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 8:11 AM, Darksider said:

How hard is this trophy if you're not using any combat accessibility option? I'll probably do the daily limit workaround because I don't like the idea of having only one attempt a day, there's no way I'll get this trophy if I do it legit I'm simply not good enough to first try this. But I don't feel like enabling "cheats". 

It’ll be “harder” but it’s not really possible to quantify how much harder it will be. Technically they aren’t cheats, they’re Accessibility options included for players who may wish to make use of them that can be used to make things slightly easier depending on how you prefer to play. If you don’t want to use them then don’t, you’ll get it done eventually.

Just replying to say that the @Optinoobymethod of backing up the save and using the activity card to reenter no return still works as on march 3rd and on the latest update. 

Personal note just wanted to say thank you @Optinoobyfor finding and outlining what is by fay the easiest method to get this trophy, especially when paired with combat accessibility options. Also loved your RE and MGS playthrough guides. Best guides anywhere online as far as I can tell. 

• Like 4