Has 'May Your Death Be Swift' work around been patched already?

13 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Ok, so it all works, just popped both Daily Run trophies at once along with the S rank trophy on an alt that I had to buy 1 months PSPlus for to test.

So this is how to do it.

-- Open Daily Run on grounded, then once in the safehouse, upload your save.

-- Resume the No Return activity card, then do the next encounter. Once in the safehouse again, backup your save, then resume No Return activity and repeat until you finish it.

-- If you die at anytime, just close app as soon as possible, download the save and resume the No Return activity card as usual and continue!

So no need to even turn off the network!!! As say, i tested it, died countless times and this all works, never had to turn off network.

I now it sounds too simple to be true, but this does in fact work!! After dying, i'm literally right back to where I was retrying again 30 seconds later!

What happens if you don't resume it via the activity card, is the option to resume the run in game is not available. But I think this is a bug because all the other options state 'You already have a run in progress' or 'This will overwrite your current run'!! But there is no option to resume your current run, like a bug!! The resume option magically appeared for me one time though while leaving the leaderboard tab. So all this made me think there maybe a way to get this working, hence this very simple method outlined that seems to work!!

Im not sure if the speed at which you quit after dying impacts this, but for details, I literally just closed app as soon as a death animation for myself triggered.

Hope that works out, keep us all updated if it works for anyone else!

You are a legend, my friend.

2 hours ago, Mapig said:

Got this stupid trophy now. Today top route is very easy. @Optinoobybig thanks. Your method perfect works. I beat final boss in my 4th attemps. Stupid 4 dogs with him.

Those dogs were the most annoying thing of that entire boss fight. They should be the actual boss to beat. I almost lost my sanity.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

It worked for 3 levels then all I get is a black screen when I try to go back in after uploading the save

It happen to me too, i just delete the save and upload again to the console it fix for me.

1 minute ago, Berenwulf said:

So how hard is this trophy? Is it achievable for a normal skilled player?

I never player TLOUII and would start the PS4 version if this trophy is insanely hard...

Not hard at all .. todays run might be the easiest .. top route gives you 3 hunted encounters where you can just prone and pass time .. take out the dogs first in boss fight and you should be good

54 minutes ago, baba-yaga069 said:

Not hard at all .. todays run might be the easiest .. top route gives you 3 hunted encounters where you can just prone and pass time .. take out the dogs first in boss fight and you should be good

To add to this don't get comfortable move around cause enemies get behind you very easily especially the dogs 

2 hours ago, Berenwulf said:

So how hard is this trophy? Is it achievable for a normal skilled player?

I never player TLOUII and would start the PS4 version if this trophy is insanely hard...

It's like a 5/10 with full accessibility options on. Being able to savescum drops it down to 3/10 or so.

However, if they ever make it so you cannot pop the trophy with accessibility options on or savescum, it'd require a pretty serious time commitment to get good enough at the game on grounded, and you'd still need some good RNG to pull off a win on the daily challenge. Not impossible by any means, but a significant increase in difficulty, as this mode is extremely difficult and unforgiving on grounded. Would probably rate it at 9/10, at that point, as the limit to a single daily try adds a nice pressure factor to these kind of challenges, which makes it very easy to choke, even if you know what you are doing.

Just mentioning the above, as I would say it is almost guaranteed they will make the leaderboards take into account whether you are using accessibility options, as it really makes no sense the way it is currently implemented. I don't think they would necessarily change the way the trophy behaves, but anything goes. The only thing reminding me of Naughty Dog's track record in these things was how they nerfed a lot of the exploits in the survival mode of Uncharted 4, making the trophies significantly more difficult, but of course that was a multiplayer experience (a monetised one as well). Pretty sure it was outsourced too. Still, a good reminder that anything could happen.

Edited by IDiivil

4 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

It worked for 3 levels then all I get is a black screen when I try to go back in after uploading the save

1 hour ago, BusyFace13 said:

You get this fixed? Mine is doing the same.

When this happens, load the game first normally, then go into the activity card and resume the No Return activity card while the game is already running

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

When this happens, load the game first normally, then go into the activity card and resume the No Return activity card while the game is already running

I ended up getting it working doing exactly that, and popped both daily run trophies about 5 mins ago. Max respect for the effort you put in to find this 'exploit'.

The activity cards are a good idea in theory but they're clearly a bit goofy and it's not clear if ND intended for them to be used like this.

3 minutes ago, diogoarez said:

Sometimes invisibility while lying down doesn't activate, why is that? 

If you get spotted or are in combat it won’t work. Also if enemies get to close they will still find you, they need to almost walk on you for that to happen though. 

Edited by Quink666

8 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

If you get spotted or are in combat it won’t work. Also if enemies get to close they will still find you, they need to almost walk on you for that to happen though. 

The problem is sometimes it doesn't activate in the entire encounter from the start, I just lost a deep run with Tommy because on the last hunted stage it didn't activate at the start and I died soon after :(

Just now, diogoarez said:

The problem is sometimes it doesn't activate in the entire encounter from the start, I just lost a deep run with Tommy because on the last hunted stage it didn't activate at the start and I died soon after :(

Enemies will always run straight at you at the start of hunted but if you keep moving you shouldn’t be found. Also when you start a run on grounded it ask if you want to use your settings or the recommended settings for grounded, make sure you didn’t click the recommended setting by mistake. 

Just now, Quink666 said:

Enemies will always run straight at you at the start of hunted but if you keep moving you shouldn’t be found. Also when you start a run on grounded it ask if you want to use your settings or the recommended settings for grounded, make sure you didn’t click the recommended setting by mistake. 

No that's the thing it worked on every stage before except that one! 

For example the icon saying you are invisible didn't appear at all on the screen even when enemies hadn't even spawned :(

The rattler boss is very easy if you use the accessibility options for high contrast display under magnification and visual aids and all of the combat accessibilities. Just keep running around and as soon as you see an enemy which should be very easy with the high contrast, aim to go into slow motion and go for headshots, i didn't get hit once this way. 

Thank you @Optinooby for once again doing a great job testing out stuff to see what works to help this community, you're the best. 

With this trophy out of the way now i can take my time and enjoy this very fun roguelike mode while unlocking the other trophies.

Edited by Real_Colinio
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Real_Colinio said:

The rattler boss is very easy if you use the accessibility options for high contrast display under magnification and visual aids and all of the combat accessibilities. Just keep running around and as soon as you see an enemy which should be very easy with the high contrast, aim to go into slow motion and go for headshots, i didn't get hit once this way. 

Thank you @Optinooby for once again doing a great job testing out stuff to see what works to help this community, you're the best. 

With this trophy out of the way now i can take my time and enjoy this very fun roguelike mode while unlocking the other trophies.

Works beautifully and @Optinooby is a goat for discovering this. 

• Like 1

Really hope I can get this trophy and the invisibility works in all rounds still haven't figured out why in some rounds it simply doesn't work, bosses yeah it doesn't work but it should work on all hunted rounds but for some reason sometimes it just doesn't... 

Wish I had Plus atm, would make it way easier with the backups

Edit: After some considerable testing yeah the feature seems to be kinda buggy, in some rounds it works perfectly but in others it simply doesn't activate at the start, like something was blocking it from activating the invisibility, neither the icon appears nor the player character is undetectable even from far away 

Edited by diogoarez

Just to add some info I've noticed and add into @Optinooby aslong as you have not died apparently it will let you just quit out from the home base between missions and resume without repercussions so along as you haven't died you don't need to use the resume cards you can just go into the game normally go into the mode and it should say you can resume and how many hours you have left for today's daily. But still save every time u get back cause if you die you do I think need to use the resume card after redownloading your save and that never bugged out on me like trying to resume without death via card

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Just to add some info I've noticed and add into @Optinooby aslong as you have not died apparently it will let you just quit out from the home base between missions and resume without repercussions so along as you haven't died you don't need to use the resume cards you can just go into the game normally go into the mode and it should say you can resume and how many hours you have left for today's daily. But still save every time u get back cause if you die you do I think need to use the resume card after redownloading your save and that never bugged out on me like trying to resume without death via card

I think the bug is that you cant always resume the run from within the game via the Continue option. There will be lots of red notifications stating 'The daily run is already in progress' or 'This will overwrite your current run'.

But the option to continue the run doesnt show (though I did have it appear once for me).

So all the activity card is basically doing, is continuing the run from the home menu because the game isnt letting you do it from in-game.

This is why the other guide creators didnt recognize this, they didnt see the continue option in game so figured it doesnt work hence why the long workaround most other places are advising.

Of course though, the activity cards provide an alternative way to continue so it bypasses the bug! Its the 1st thing I tried once I recognised what the bug was.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

On 1/22/2024 at 11:40 PM, Optinooby said:

-- Open Daily Run on grounded, then once in the safehouse, upload your save.

When I exit the game to back-up my save, do I close the game app or quit from the main menu? Or does it not matter?

On 1/22/2024 at 11:40 PM, Optinooby said:

-- If you die at anytime, just close app as soon as possible, download the save and resume the No Return activity card as usual and continue!

No need to delete current save on console storage? Just download the save from PS+ and overwrite current save? 

Looking to finally start this DLC so I'm just making sure. But based on everyone's comments it seems like it works like a charm. Wonder if Naughty Dog will patch this out.

Edited by PostGameBlues

5 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

When I exit the game to back-up my save, do I close the game app or quit from the main menu? Or does it not matter?

No need to delete current save on console storage? Just download the save from PS+ and overwrite current save? 

Looking to finally start this DLC so I'm just making sure. But based on everyone's comments it seems like it works like a charm. Wonder if Naughty Dog will patch this out.

Don't matter, i dont even close app before downloading the save, I let the download close the app itself.

And yea, just let it overwrite it

• Like 2