Trophy thoughts

On 2/10/2024 at 10:18 AM, DividedByMankind said:

Had the game for a day! And it just isnt my cup of tea!!

Glad i didnt pop a trophy yet😂 i might play it at some later point tho

What didn't you like about it? Was the gameplay or story different from what you expected?

The trophies don't seem too hard, but I also think we might need two full playthroughs because of the endings (?)

From what I have been told, it will require making a tactical save before making a crucial decision towards the end game and then once one of the two ending trophies is obtained, reload for the second.

A second save will also be required at the point of no return. (game warns you of this).

Apart from these saves, I believe it is straight forward for platinum and a very good game also.  A cross between GoW & Hogwarts.

Hoping to start this soon.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

From what I have been told, it will require making a tactical save before making a crucial decision towards the end game and then once one of the two ending trophies is obtained, reload for the second.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work this way.

The endings are not determined by a single decision but through your actions throughout the game.

(Probably can say more about this tomorrow when the embargo has lifted)

2 hours ago, Couga83 said:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work this way.

The endings are not determined by a single decision but through your actions throughout the game.

(Probably can say more about this tomorrow when the embargo has lifted)

Not described in detail, but not what I meant as in one single decision. The choice is based on how you have chosen dialogue through the game yes, which determines ending/trophies.

19 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

What didn't you like about it? Was the gameplay or story different from what you expected?

The trophies don't seem too hard, but I also think we might need two full playthroughs because of the endings (?)

It was just boring. Game looks great and graphics. But investigative games like this just isnt my cup of tea☺️

Cant get the feel for it. 

• Like 1

It works like this:
In the game, you can play around two dozen so-called Hauntings. 

At the end of these quests, most of the time you have to decide to either Ascend/Banish the ghost that is doing the haunting or Blame/Sacrifice the living person who is being haunted. 
To get the resurrect ending you have to sacrifice a lot of people, to get the Ascend ending you can't do that. So all these actions count towards which ending you get at the end. Even though you have to decide (aka promise to Antea) twice what you want to do, you can still act against this goal. 
So, long story short, I don't see a way how this would work with some kind of save loading. You will have to play the game twice in order to get both trophy relevant endings (there are more, but only two are needed for trophies).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Couga83 said:

It works like this:

At the end of these quests, most of the time you have to decide to either Ascend/Banish the ghost that is doing the haunting or Blame/Sacrifice the living person who is being haunted. 
To get the resurrect ending you have to sacrifice a lot of people, to get the Ascend ending you can't do that. So all these actions count towards which ending you get at the end. Even though you have to decide (aka promise to Antea) twice what you want to do, you can still act against this goal. 
So, long story short, I don't see a way how this would work with some kind of save loading. You will have to play the game twice in order to get both trophy relevant endings (there are more, but only two are needed for trophies).

What if you Banish half and Sacrifice half of them?

30 minutes ago, Couga83 said:

It works like this:

Remember that the game has five ends. If you want to get both trophies in one playthrough, this is possible, but there is a chance that you will get a "Secret" ending, which means that reviving will might not work. My colleague managed it this way, but I don't know what decisions he made.  I have over 100 hours of playtime in the game as I was working on a guide and it didn't work for me even though I ignored all the quests. I would recommend 2 playthroughs as it doesn't take too long depending on which ending you play first. However, the game gives you a "checkpoint" after a chapter that you can reload.  This would save 1-2 hours of time for one playthrough.

7 minutes ago, Hinsusta said:

Remember that the game has five ends. If you want to get both trophies in one playthrough, this is possible, but there is a chance that you will get a "Secret" ending, which means that reviving will might not work. My colleague managed it this way, but I don't know what decisions he made.  I have over 100 hours of playtime in the game as I was working on a guide and it didn't work for me even though I ignored all the quests. I would recommend 2 playthroughs as it doesn't take too long depending on which ending you play first. However, the game gives you a "checkpoint" after a chapter that you can reload.  This would save 1-2 hours of time for one playthrough.

You mean reloading before taking the Oath right?

What about collectibles? Are there missables? Is there a point of no return, NG+, etc?

Thanks for the info!

6 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

You mean reloading before taking the Oath right?

What about collectibles? Are there missables? Is there a point of no return, NG+, etc?

Thanks for the info!

There is no New Game + mode. You are warned that there is a no point of return. The game itself creates a save/checkpoint here so that you can continue exploring the world after the end. There are four collectibles that can be missed, but you can collect them at the beginning or for the last time at the end in the last area. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 2:00 AM, Couga83 said:

The Oath is imo not relevant for the two ending trophies.

Correct. What relevant is how you react on each ghost story. I haven't far yet. The ending trophies related on how you end each Ghost Story, banish the ghost or blame the people. RN, I choose banish the ghost for my first play through.

On 2/15/2024 at 1:30 PM, Kremleenm said:

I'm still waiting for a reasonable guide before jumping in. What's missable, when's the earliest time to do cleanup, and decisions nesacary need to be made for the ending trophies.. 

There’s only 2 ending, Blame the person who is responsible why ghost haunting them to resurrect Antea or ascend the ghost for other ending.