NG+ unreasonably difficult?

mike_87

Not started the remastered games yet as backlogged but grew up with them in the 90s, my mate has filled me in on the ng+ requirements such as the fact theres no medipacks throughout the entire game and its offputting to me, unless theres a good reliable workaround how will we manage it?

It's very doable, and especially with the new save anywhere system. There are some hardcore fans of these games who do full run throughs without taking a scratch (except in rare cases it's unavoidable). With a full health bar, you've got wriggle room. Just needs practice. Take it one section at a time.

Edited by JPageMartin36

Here's breakdown of how NG+ works: https://raidingtheglobe.com/games/core-design/tomb-raider-1-3-remastered/new-game-plus-modes

1 hour ago, JPageMartin36 said:

It's very doable, and especially with the new save anywhere system.

Isn't that deactivated in NG+ and you have to use the save crystals?

1 hour ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Do cheat codes disable the trophies?  If not just level skip to the end of the game :)

Cheats don't work in NG+

Edited by HAILtoSTARSCREAM

3 hours ago, JPageMartin36 said:

It's very doable, and especially with the new save anywhere system. There are some hardcore fans of these games who do full run throughs without taking a scratch (except in rare cases it's unavoidable). With a full health bar, you've got wriggle room. Just needs practice. Take it one section at a time.

Isnt there strict rules with the saving though?

17 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

It's pretty hard, but not unreasonably so. I did it in a couple of days, and I even managed to do it with pistols only (which I REALLY don't recommend... I have no idea what I was thinking).

Knowing that that is probably the hardest trophy, how would you rate the platinum difficulty?

First game is not that bad, once you learn it you’ll finish it easily and a lot of areas can be skipped. If Tomb Raider 2&3 had the same save crystal feature then those would be really difficult, especially 3. But luckily they let you manual save on those ones during NG+

EDIT: Just checked, you CANNOT manual save in Tomb Raider 3 but you can in 2. That’ll make the difficultly for 3 about an 8/10

Edited by HarryNinetyFour

7 minutes ago, Wilde_Flowers said:

any tips for Atlantis on ng+? i cant even get past the 1st room with all the enemies 

If you are really lucky, you can run past almost every encounter. That's what I did for the most part. 

8 minutes ago, Wilde_Flowers said:

any tips for Atlantis on ng+? i cant even get past the 1st room with all the enemies 

Hatch them 1 by 1 and as soon incubator hatches start firing with uzis or other gun this usually makes them shoot you rather than charge at you, then jump from side to side till enemy dead.

So, just finished New Game Plus and i have two things to say - (1) Atlantis was unreasonably punishing, particularly the hallway with three mutants. I had to run in with the Uzis while jumping back and forth, hoping i didn't die. The final gauntlet to the Scion also was brutal. Two mutants in the doppleganger room were fine. But the centaur and mutant right before the end of the level were frustrating to kill. (2) Natla's three goons were bullet sponges. I only killed the cowboy and bald guy, leaving the skater boy alone (because the first thing you pick up in Atlantis are the Uzis if you're missing them). And the only way I killed the bald guy was because his AI pathing got him stuck running circles on the top of one of the buildings.

2 hours ago, Shemhazat said:

So, just finished New Game Plus and i have two things to say - (1) Atlantis was unreasonably punishing, particularly the hallway with three mutants. I had to run in with the Uzis while jumping back and forth, hoping i didn't die. The final gauntlet to the Scion also was brutal. Two mutants in the doppleganger room were fine. But the centaur and mutant right before the end of the level were frustrating to kill. (2) Natla's three goons were bullet sponges. I only killed the cowboy and bald guy, leaving the skater boy alone (because the first thing you pick up in Atlantis are the Uzis if you're missing them). And the only way I killed the bald guy was because his AI pathing got him stuck running circles on the top of one of the buildings.

Those 3 in the corridor are the worst part of the whole run as you need to maintain enough health for the lone one after it too, and you’ve gotta do the lava jump each time. The long way is to bait them one by one back to the block in the lava, they’ll walk past the opening and you can get a shotgun blast in. 

You can avoid the two mutants in doppelgänger room, but the centaur at the end if you are careful you can pull his aggro while the mutant doesn’t get pulled and deal with one by one.

6 minutes ago, HarryNinetyFour said:

Those 3 in the corridor are the worst part of the whole run as you need to maintain enough health for the lone one after it too, and you’ve gotta do the lava jump each time. The long way is to bait them one by one back to the block in the lava, they’ll walk past the opening and you can get a shotgun blast in. 

You can avoid the two mutants in doppelgänger room, but the centaur at the end if you are careful you can pull his aggro while the mutant doesn’t get pulled and deal with one by one.

You don't know how long I tried the skater boy cheese (stand in the exit from the secret) before finding out you don't need to kill him to get back the uzis.

And those mutants were just...awful. I somehow got through them without getting hit, but the mutant after was nerve-wracking. It must've taken me, maybe, an hour of dying before I got that lucky.

16 minutes ago, Wilde_Flowers said:

Well i ended up using a speedrun glitch to skip the whole Atlantis level. Couldn't be asked to deal with this bs difficulty.

You managed to get the corner bug right before the bear trap at the bottom of the large room to work? I tried for like 15 minutes and it never worked for me.

11 minutes ago, Shemhazat said:

You managed to get the corner bug right before the bear trap at the bottom of the large room to work? I tried for like 15 minutes and it never worked for me.

Yes, there's a new way to do those corner bugs on the remaster. The OG ones don't work.

Edited by Wilde_Flowers
  • Like 1

I'm not sure of it's known or not, but on my pistol and zero meds run I found the three Atlanteans in the corridor can be easily dealt with by simply entering that corridor and as soon as you step on the slope leading up, you start running in circles; which for some reason makes them all stand together and start shooting at you. Their ranged attacks will 99% miss if you continue to run in circles - preferably in a semi-wide arc. This behaviour has persisted for every time I've replayed that part; turning a nightmare corridor into an actual joke.

• Like 1