Any Advice for Brutal Challenge: Rulers of the Outer Worlds?

Cleared using the Tifa carry build with some defensive changes to what is shown in the solestro/maliceNX videos. 

I swapped cloud to enhanced expeditionary medal. Then swapped his ATB boost materia with limit siphon. Whenever Tifa had enough gauge to fill his I'd have him siphon it off. That let me use his LB fairly often in the last 3 fights. Finishing Touch does a ton of stagger and basically stun locks enemies so you are free to pound on them with Tifa/barrett while he's going off. You can use that free time to build gauge on the two of them to either 1) catch up on healing/buffs 2) have Tifa double divekick to get the atb boost or 3) Build 2 bars on both of them to setup for the upcoming stagger at the end of the LB.

The second change was to have cloud equipped with barrier + magnify and move empowerment off in place of cleanse. I think cleanse was for gilgamesh but I didn't really have much trouble with him frogging me. The barrier materia helped me a ton during Sephiroth since if you manage to reach him with decent MP you can manawall his octaslash and survive it. I would just single cast bravery on Tifa when i knew a stagger was coming.

For the last two fights with this build the limit siphon helped a ton (even on alex/odin occasionally if things went wrong you could siphon for a free lb3). For gilgamesh just play normally on tifa. You can parry his skills if you're confident but you can also dodge most of them on tifa with lvl 2 chi since she's insanely fast. I would typically just play pretty defensively until he started an ability that would lock him in place (flutterwing dance, soaring cross, whirlpool dance). Then just dodge behind him and unload the typical double divekick and spend ATB with everyone on either healing/buffs or dmg if the first two are ok. Once you get some synergy points use those and switch to the third character to build ATB while Gilgamesh is stunned. Eventually you'll have enough LB between tifa/cloud to use limit siphon and Finishing Touch with cloud. During that window you have a decent amount of time to build ATB with the other two. Between synergy skills and limit siphon he should spend a decent amount of time locked in place to keep up on healing/buffs.

For Sephiroth, blocking the shadow chains is super helpful and will make this a lot easier so I'd definitely swap characters and at least try to block. However, if you're really bad at blocking the chains then one of the two needs to happen. 1) Mana wall makes is so the entire thing only takes you to half hp. 2) Barrett having lifesaver means he dies but the other two live, even better if he has lifesaver and steelskin active. If you can ensure that one of those is up during the octaslash you should live so, if he chains cloud first use Barrett's abilities if he does Barret first cast mana wall. Limit siphon is huge here again because if you do eat an octaslash the chances are you'll have enough LB for a siphon + Finishing touch, once he's below 50% hp then he'll attune to fire and it's basically a race the fire phase will be very easy due to the elemental materia so just go full offensive, make sure Tifa has bravery and lvl 2 chi, dodge skewer and just beat on him while eating all the fire spells. I spent most of the fire phase just building synergy pips and limit bar then as soon as he cast affinity ice dropped synergy skills + a limit siphon to stagger and kill him.

Edited by gdsoccer11
  • Like 1

Tomorrow is the last day where i try this. I used the Tifa/Cloud/Barret Build and fight 4times against Sephiroth (every time i got better and better). My biggest Problem is Gilgamesh. Every time i beat him, it was complete luck and RNG based. In 2 days comes Dragons Dogma 2 and maybe Square nerf this challenges a little bit or give us a practice mode to train Gilgamesh and Sephiroth but too start every time in round 1 is annoying. Dont know how much i see this sequenz where phönix brings Kujata back🙈 For everyone how try this, i wish you many luck and good rng

47 minutes ago, Mr-Greneda said:

Tomorrow is the last day where i try this. I used the Tifa/Cloud/Barret Build and fight 4times against Sephiroth (every time i got better and better). My biggest Problem is Gilgamesh. Every time i beat him, it was complete luck and RNG based. In 2 days comes Dragons Dogma 2 and maybe Square nerf this challenges a little bit or give us a practice mode to train Gilgamesh and Sephiroth but too start every time in round 1 is annoying. Dont know how much i see this sequenz where phönix brings Kujata back🙈 For everyone how try this, i wish you many luck and good rng

I know you said you got to sephiroth with that build but have you tried the limit loop build? The one with Tifa Aerith and Barret!

after 5 days of trying I finally got it done with the limit loop build.

granted like many have said Gilgamesh feels rng, he turned my aerith into frog once but I managed to survive and continue the limit loop.

for Sephiroth I noticed one thing with tifa you can dodge almost all his attacks.

I’m not good at blocking perfectly so when for example barret and aerith were shadow chained I just kept avoiding sephiroth with Tifa and eventually he’ll use octo slash on Barret and Aerith leaving Tifa safe to heal/revive afterwards. 

now I’m dreading the other challenges, not sure if I should just do hard mode or finish the challenges? 

20 minutes ago, AnthonyAmato said:

I know you said you got to sephiroth with that build but have you tried the limit loop build? The one with Tifa Aerith and Barret!

after 5 days of trying I finally got it done with the limit loop build.

granted like many have said Gilgamesh feels rng, he turned my aerith into frog once but I managed to survive and continue the limit loop.

for Sephiroth I noticed one thing with tifa you can dodge almost all his attacks.

I’m not good at blocking perfectly so when for example barret and aerith were shadow chained I just kept avoiding sephiroth with Tifa and eventually he’ll use octo slash on Barret and Aerith leaving Tifa safe to heal/revive afterwards. 

now I’m dreading the other challenges, not sure if I should just do hard mode or finish the challenges? 

The last limit loop build what i tryed was with cloud barret and aerith (helps me a lot for the other brutal challenges but not sure if its the same like youres) but for this one, it goes too long for me. How long you need with youre limit loop build for the challenge? I need around 13min to Sephiroth (when Gilgamesh let me). Im not so bad in parrying but Gilgamesh is fast as hell and hit me to often. But the biggest Motivation killer for me is, that the legendary challenges harder then this one.

3 minutes ago, Mr-Greneda said:

The last limit loop build what i tryed was with cloud barret and aerith (helps me a lot for the other brutal challenges but not sure if its the same like youres) but for this one, it goes too long for me. How long you need with youre limit loop build for the challenge? I need around 13min to Sephiroth (when Gilgamesh let me). Im not so bad in parrying but Gilgamesh is fast as hell and hit me to often. But the biggest Motivation killer for me is, that the legendary challenges harder then this one.

Maybe a bit of a confidence builder for the hardest legendary sim in the game, but someone on YouTube posted a video within the last day of it being done in 11 minutes and the strat looks pretty easy and straight forward.  They even called it the easy way.

I’ll continue trying to perfectly execute this fight but I won’t lie, was a good and tough one to crack.

I’ll post my video with my materia allocation and characters, followed by my full run. 

I’ll honestly advise anyone to play with their preferred character and adapt them to the usual materia so the run is a bit more manageable. Hopefully it helps

Very close to earn my platinum and was a pleasant surprise coming from someone that adores the series but doesn’t have VII as his favorite. 

Bravo SquareEnix!

57 minutes ago, Mr-Greneda said:

My record shows 29 mins, I usually get to to Gilgamesh in around 12-15 mins. The sephiroth fight was 6-7 mins but because I had to play slowly and carefully that’s why it took awhile.

this was the video with the build 

but it’s not a perfect build, I did have like 30 failed attempts XD this just was the one I got the furthest with, so I stuck with it.

I still feel like they gotta nerf these challenges a bit. Not fun at all even after getting them done, leaves a bad aftertaste lol

• Like 1

I'll probably start the attempts tomorrow with a Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie build, I've trained each individual summon several times but I know it will be hard, still hopefully I get a good winning run soon. 

What motivates me is that I could consistently parry Gilgamesh and Sephiroth on the story mode like 75% of the time so maybe I can make it 100% with more practice 

14 minutes ago, AnthonyAmato said:

My record shows 29 mins, I usually get to to Gilgamesh in around 12-15 mins. The sephiroth fight was 6-7 mins but because I had to play slowly and carefully that’s why it took awhile.

this was the video with the build 

but it’s not a perfect build, I did have like 30 failed attempts XD this just was the one I got the furthest with, so I stuck with it.

I still feel like they gotta nerf these challenges a bit. Not fun at all even after getting them done, leaves a bad aftertaste lol

Thx mate, i will try it tomorrow but for today im done. My focus is lost and cant past Odin since a houre. Because the thing with the bad aftertaste, i know exactly what you mean. And that is a feeling i will never have after completing a game. We pay a lot of money for that and a little bit work and challenging is fine but when i feel most of the time stressed, then its to much for me. After beating all minigames, i was thinking the hard and annoying part is over but man, the brutal challenges destroy me😑 Anyways, i hope you can beat the legendary challenges 

I can't parry Shadow Chains to save my life (literally).

I have the Materia maxed so I know it's possible, and I've done it once or twice.  But the timing isn't clicking at all.  Having to suffer through Gilgamesh's roulette every attempt really isn't helping to keep the nerves in check either. 

20 minutes ago, IceKingzV2 said:

I can't parry Shadow Chains to save my life (literally).

I have the Materia maxed so I know it's possible, and I've done it once or twice.  But the timing isn't clicking at all.  Having to suffer through Gilgamesh's roulette every attempt really isn't helping to keep the nerves in check either. 

That move is so busted, really weird that they made it basically an instant loss if you mistime a parry, what's worse is the ranged version is super hard to see, will probably be the main cause for me losing runs

1 hour ago, Hajpero said:

After browsing this topic for 5 days, and trying for 5 days i have finally done it. It must've been at least 50 attempts, but using yuffie tactics it took me just 4 attempts, consistently beating gilgamesh's ass! The In-Game time ended up at only 8:32 ! Fast and very much reliable method!

- I tried PowerPyx method and gosh it's awful for today's standards. It takes forever and it gets the job done really slow. Limit loop was much more appealing.
- Then I tried limit loop method which also takes a lot of time. Getting to gilgamesh took me about 20 minutes InGame time. I disliked this method for this particular reason.
- Then i was trying OP Tifa with Fury ring, berserk, bravery, and god knows what. I got to Sephiroth like twice out of ~20 attempts. But without more than 50% parries (or 75%+ would be more feasible) i was getting decimated both by Gilgamesh and Sephiroth.
- Lastly @TranQuangHuy posted this tactic with yuffie filling ATBs like posessed. I went to level up some of the blue materias, tweaked some EQs and perfected his setup. That was it!
VERY little parrying is required, actually nothing besides Sephiroth's Shadowy Chains

Equipment and materias:

YUFFIE
(spamming brumal form, almost no ATB usage)
Crescent Sickle
Hades Armlet
Transference Module

[WPN] Revival, Healing, Limit Support, First Strike, HP up, MP up (Kujata)
[ARM] Fire+Elemental, Steadfast Block, ATB Assist, Speed up, Precision Defense
[Skills] Opening ATB Bonus, ATB Charge Rate Up, Shuriken Mastery, Precision Defense ATB

BARRET
(Buffs + stagger build up)
Barrage Blaster
Cetran Armlet
Chocoking's Cape

[WPN] Magnify+Time, Magnify+Barrier, Prayer, Hp up (Phoenix)
[ARM] Elemental+Fire, Magic Efficiency+Healing, Vitality up, Revival, Mp up, Precision Defense
[Skills]
Max HP +200, Selfish Recovery +25%, Selfish Buff up, Trade-off

AERITH
(Main DPS = 2x Firaga for 15-18k dmg without stagger)
Plumose Rod
Cetran Bracer
Enhanced Expeditionary Medal

[WPN] Precision Defense, Wind, Hp up, Revival, Magic Up, First Strike, (Alexander)
[ARM] Swiftcast(4)+Fire, Mp Absorption+Fire, Elemental+Fire and Ice, Magic Focus(4)+Fire
[Skills]
Max HP+200, Not-So-Fleeting Familiar, Not-So-Fleeting Familiar, Ward Shift Mastery

This is by far the easiest method IMO. No buffs are really mandatory apart for haste. I had barrier for recovery after Octoslash + had Aerith's limit level 2 - the one that nullifies physical dmg, also for Sephiroth. I believe I parried like 3 or 4 times during entire video, cause I'm terrible at it, especially on last battle. This build interrupts sephiroth's actions (at least some), and if I went with Arcane Ward earlier, I'd kill him much faster. Firaga does lots of dmg, it casts very fast with swiftcast + you recover more mana than you spend. Staggers are usually used to reckon the situation rather than doing dmg. I usually refreshed haste + filled up yuffies ATBs.

I really hope it helps you folks that are struggling. I literally spent 20+ hours on this fight alone. No matter if others are harder. At least I'm moving forward!

This build looks INSANE haha. I haven't even unlocked the Brutal challenges yet but I think i'll be going with this when I get to challenge 6. Giving Yuffie ATB Assist and spamming Brumal Form to build ATB for the other party members is genius.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hajpero said:

After browsing this topic for 5 days, and trying for 5 days i have finally done it. It must've been at least 50 attempts, but using yuffie tactics it took me just 4 attempts, consistently beating gilgamesh's ass! The In-Game time ended up at only 8:32 ! Fast and very much reliable method!

- I tried PowerPyx method and gosh it's awful for today's standards. It takes forever and it gets the job done really slow. Limit loop was much more appealing.
- Then I tried limit loop method which also takes a lot of time. Getting to gilgamesh took me about 20 minutes InGame time. I disliked this method for this particular reason.
- Then i was trying OP Tifa with Fury ring, berserk, bravery, and god knows what. I got to Sephiroth like twice out of ~20 attempts. But without more than 50% parries (or 75%+ would be more feasible) i was getting decimated both by Gilgamesh and Sephiroth.
- Lastly @TranQuangHuy posted this tactic with yuffie filling ATBs like posessed. I went to level up some of the blue materias, tweaked some EQs and perfected his setup. That was it!
VERY little parrying is required, actually nothing besides Sephiroth's Shadowy Chains

Equipment and materias:

YUFFIE
(spamming brumal form, almost no ATB usage)
Crescent Sickle
Hades Armlet
Transference Module

[ARM] Fire+Elemental, Steadfast Block, ATB Boost, ATB Assist, Speed up, Precision Defense
[Skills] Opening ATB Bonus, ATB Charge Rate Up, Shuriken Mastery, Precision Defense ATB

BARRET
Barrage Blaster
Cetran Armlet
Chocoking's Cape

[WPN] Magnify+Time, Magnify+Barrier, Prayer, Hp up (Phoenix)
[ARM] Elemental+Fire, Magic Efficiency+Healing, Vitality up, Revival, Mp up, Precision Defense
[Skills]

AERITH
(Main DPS = 2x Firaga for 15-18k dmg without stagger)
Plumose Rod
Cetran Bracer
Enhanced Expeditionary Medal

[WPN] Precision Defense, Wind, Hp up, Revival, Magic Up, First Strike, (Alexander)
[ARM] Swiftcast(4)+Fire, Mp Absorption+Fire, Elemental+Fire and Ice, Magic Focus(4)+Fire
[Skills]
Max HP+200, Not-So-Fleeting Familiar, Not-So-Fleeting Familiar, Ward Shift Mastery

This is by far the easiest method IMO. No buffs are really mandatory apart for haste. I had barrier for recovery after Octoslash + had Aerith's limit level 2 - the one that nullifies physical dmg, also for Sephiroth. I believe I parried like 3 or 4 times during entire video, cause I'm terrible at it, especially on last battle. This build interrupts sephiroth's actions (at least some), and if I went with Arcane Ward earlier, I'd kill him much faster. Firaga does lots of dmg, it casts very fast with swiftcast + you recover more mana than you spend. Staggers are usually used to reckon the situation rather than doing dmg. I usually refreshed haste + filled up yuffies ATBs.

I really hope it helps you folks that are struggling. I literally spent 20+ hours on this fight alone. No matter if others are harder. At least I'm moving forward!

For anyone looking for THE method, this is the way. It takes a slight bit of practice to set up, but it’s about as cheesy as you’re going to get. Finished it on my 4th attempt on this build. Final in game time 9:59.

Just a note, with the setup listed in the OP, Yuffie has one more material slot on her armor than what was listed. I used a Luck Up, but you could probably put anything.

Edited by ExpectedMore402

Seeing nothing but praise for the Yuffie method.

Just want to share I've been trying it.  Got to Sephiroth first attempt and overall, it seemed to work really well despite my horrible parry abilities.

But now I've been hard stuck on nearly every stage.  I feel like if this strategy's plan doesn't work flawlessly from the beginning, you end up playing a desperate game to try and make it work.  Maybe I'm missing something but I'm conflicted on if I want to continue trying this one or go back to Fury Divekick.

Edit: Managed to beat it after a couple more attempts.  RNG plays a big factor.  I failed every Shadow Chain parry but after staying stocked up on Barrier, I managed to survive an Octoslash and reach a point where Yuffie could feed ATB while Aerith kept him stunlocked with Firaga.  Barrett was constrained.  Can't even act like skill got me the win.  Good luck.

Edited by IceKingzV2

The Yuffie method is very inconsistent IMO. Especially for Gilga/Sephiroth. I'm happy it's working for you guys but it's very much RNG as to whether Yuffie gets nuked or not in round 3/4/5. It's especially rough for Sephiroth as perfect parrying chains with Aerith/Barret is awkward compared to Cloud/Tifa. 

On top of that, if things do go south, it's a disaster. Aerith is slow and allergic to arcane wards, Barret is also slow. Yuffie is the only one who can reliably build ATB for the other two. It's a complete game of chance with the Yuffie brumal comp if you're as bad as me. 

Edited by Broshida

58 minutes ago, IceKingzV2 said:

Seeing nothing but praise for the Yuffie method.

Just want to share I've been trying it.  Got to Sephiroth first attempt and overall, it seemed to work really well despite my horrible parry abilities.

But now I've been hard stuck on nearly every stage.  I feel like if this strategy's plan doesn't work flawlessly from the beginning, you end up playing a desperate game to try and make it work.  Never lost on levels 2 or 3 until this time.  Still got overwhelmed by Gilgamesh too since Aerith decided to follow Yuffie around.  Maybe I'm missing something but I'm conflicted on if I want to continue trying this one or go back to Fury Divekick.

Edit: Noticed I was missing a Magnify on Barrett's Haste... double check your materia folks.  Probably explains why my last few attempts haven't gone nearly as well.

35 minutes ago, Broshida said:

The Yuffie method is very inconsistent IMO. Especially for Gilga/Sephiroth. I'm happy it's working for you guys but it's very much RNG as to whether Yuffie gets nuked or not in round 3/4/5. It's especially rough for Sephiroth as perfect parrying chains with Aerith/Barret is awkward compared to Cloud/Tifa. 

On top of that, if things do go south, it's a disaster. Aerith is slow and allergic to arcane wards, Barret is also slow. Yuffie is the only one who can reliably build ATB for the other two. It's a complete game of chance with the Yuffie brumal comp if you're as bad as me. 

I agree there is some RNG to it. That RNG somehow felt better to me than spending 20 minutes grinding to Gilga only to be wiped in short order.

Here’s some various tips that could help:

1. For Aerith’s accessory, consider Enhanced Karmic Cowl for more durability. In my run, I didn’t use her limits.

2. For some fights, consider getting some Firaga’s out before casting Arcane Ward. This is especially true at the beginning of Titan/Bahamat, as the first Firaga will pressure and stop them giving you time to get ATB up.

3. Avoid switching control to other characters when possible. If Aerith isn’t in her ward, cast Firaga anyway. 

4. On my winning run, I had Yuffie die at least twice. You can sometimes recover the setup, although sometimes you wipe.

5. Be sure to recast haste early from Barret. Losing haste can be a huge ATB drainer.

6. Like the OP said, when the enemies are staggered, consider using the time to get everything setup instead of focusing on damage.

7. On Sepheroth, if you have the ATB for barret, shoot a focus fire or two, even when Sepheroth isn’t pressured. When that fight goes south, if you can just stagger him, you’ll have time to setup your characters again.

Hope that helps a little

• Like 1

Hey all new poster here. I just wanted to say thanks I was using the limit loop method and getting really inconsistent grindy runs that meant I kinda struggled my way to gilg then often died and once I made it to seph just to get wrecked in no time so I spent like 10 hours just doing that and not getting a chance to learn him as a fight. I saw the original Yuffie method about 3 or 4 days ago and then changed that a bit and im going to do a full run down on what I did my build and explain on how the yuffie method is 100% the way to go / way to base learning seph. By the end I was flat destroying rounds 1 - 4 in 8 minutes and then getting to practice Seph loads and then I made a change that honestly made Seph so much easier and manageable im gonna post the entire thing later and the build but I gotta make it all and its gonna take time. Hopefully should be done by later today. But here is a link to me killing Seph last night and it was the first time I had gotten him into the 50% phase.

If you tell me what is happening with that build and what point you are failing I can 100% tell you what you need to change to make it work.

Equipment and materias:

YUFFIE
(spamming brumal form)
Crescent Sickle
Hades Armlet
Transference Module

[ARM] Fire+Elemental, Steadfast Block, ATB Boost, ATB Assist, Speed up, Precision Defense

BARRET
Barrage Blaster
Cetran Armlet
Enhanced karmic cowl (or Expeditionary Medal level 2 well learning but use the karmic cowl on seph when getting there all the time)

[WPN] Magnify+Time, Magnify+Barrier, Revival, Hp up (titan)
[ARM] Elemental+Fire, Healing, Stedfast Block, Vitality up x2 (Mastered), Mp up, Precision Defense
[Skills]

AERITH
(Main DPS)
Plumose Rod
Cetran Bracer
Genji Gloves

[WPN] HP up, Enemy Skill, Magic Up, First Strike, Lightning and wind, Precision Defence Focus (Phoenix)
[ARM] Swiftcast(4)+Fire, Magic Focus Mastered +Fire, Elemental+Fire and Ice, Healing + Magnify
[Skills]

The build is a bit different because if you do it this way Barret has 259 Defence and is an absolute tonk. I wont go into everything yet but the strategy is  basically the same for the first 4 fights

You start with Yuffie as leader in every fight. You roll to the left line up one of the enemys lock on and throw your weapon. In doing this it should attack you most of the time. Then pause and use aerith to ATB ward onto Yuffie then spam out 1 or 2 brums to generate some atb for everyone. Then swap to barret get a haste on Yuffie (Most important as it allows for brums to be used for almost free) and then swap to Aerith and bang down an arcane ward.

Spam Brum again until Barret and Aerith have full atb should take 2 seconds then barret to barrier and steelskin and aerith to use radiant ward ontop of her arcane ward. You might need to switch to her and use her triangle teleport ability to get her over to her arcane ward as she runs about alot. then right after they use those theyll be at 3 synergy so use the 3 cost ability that makes spells cost 0 mana. (Very important)

Back to yuffie and brum spam to full atb charges again and then just open the taps with whatever the boss is weak to. It will just get melted.

On the first fight kill kaj then wait for phoenix to res trying to 1 phase is arse ache then pump blizzard into phoenix and maximum furys since barret doesnt have blizzard. If haste is going to time out then use that again on Yuffie. Then just pump kaj down after and if you dont get him down before your 0 mana runs out then use that ability again.

On 2nd fight exactly the same tactic over to left throw brum start the loop with atb and just go go. Hit Titan first with fire on barret then aero on aerith repeat till dead.

on 3rd fight over to left dodge first attack start the loop and youll easily blast odin into vanishing. Try to make sure as this happens you have brumed up 2 full atm bars and then use barret for a full fire on one arm and aerith for a full thundaga on the other then pump body and blast him and then when odin comes back just repeat same.

On 4th fight its exactly the same but when Aerith gets up arcane ward pump out a fira after and itll mess up his rhythm if you are having trouble with gilg I HEAVILY RECOMEND swapping yuffies trinket to the boots that give haste on battle start and take healing materia and magnify off Aerith and give her another mastered fire materia and autocast level 2. This will cause her to automatically pump gilg for you and then yuffie starting with haste makes brums super cheap and its easy to get into the loop.

The build for seph is different because Barret is an animal with the amount of protection he has he can tank the octoslashes with a protect up and steelskin with almost no problem. This allows for you to practice the fight and the blocking of the shadowy chains which is what eventually got me the kill. If he gets chained dont panic just use yuffie and practice chains and eventually youll get to the point you block them all and he slashes without yuffie in them. Sometimes if barret or everyone has a full protect up and barret has lifesaver its even better just to take a chains so the ability is done with but you have to judge it. Just focus on keeping everyone alive once 50% hits its practically GG just use Yufie to build atb again and punish him.

If anyone has questions then let me know

Edited by BaIIercopter

23 hours ago, xIIxGHOSTxllx said:

Well i think i just got lucky but i finally did it, uploaded on YT Gilgamesh & Sephiroth fights if it can help :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAV6Rhd-li4

To be honest i didn't even enjoyed the win, i still think this is not a fair challenge and i'm just glad it's over. Never again. Sincerely wish you guys good luck for this one.

Still need to try the Legendary challenges now, but... i can wait.

I thought the same the new pride and joy is The rulers of the outer worlds untill you see shit long gauntlet in bonds of the friendship with increased hp bar for every summon and every summon will at least use his limit break,I fought Kujata using TRI disaster 4-5 times before killing it lol,only Limit break you can avoid is Zantestuken and it's 10 rounds..

This is quite similar to the build I used in my video I really should have videoed the whole thing. What is a bit dodge that he is not showing is that a lot of times when you start with aerith and drop everything ontop of yourself like that one of the bosses will disrupt the entire thing by smashing aerith or barret / cloud. The way I did it is a bit safer but its essentially the same I have also posted all the build you need for this in my post above. You can just swap cloud or barret around.

26 minutes ago, Attenziono said:

Did you guys see what you can do by optimizing the Yuffie method?

Granted, this guy is using the gotterdammerung, but it hardly matters

Edited by BaIIercopter

I'm really fond of the yuffie method getting the traction it needs. It definitely is the fastest and most reliable method to get to sephiroth, which you can then just learn to parry without huge stress.

Im so happy I could give something back to the community 🙂

I'll be using this firaga build that restores mp and possibly hp during my hard run. It's quite powerful.

Edited by Hajpero

1 hour ago, Attenziono said:

Did you guys see what you can do by optimizing the Yuffie method?

Granted, this guy is using the gotterdammerung, but it hardly matters

Amazing. This looks like the way to do it.

But what’s the build? The same as mentioned already in this thread but swapping Barrett for Cloud? And minus Gotterdammerung.

4 hours ago, mati11120 said:

I thought the same the new pride and joy is The rulers of the outer worlds untill you see shit long gauntlet in bonds of the friendship with increased hp bar for every summon and every summon will at least use his limit break,I fought Kujata using TRI disaster 4-5 times before killing it lol,only Limit break you can avoid is Zantestuken and it's 10 rounds..

I got the platinum a few hours ago, i'm finally free from this BS.

Bonds of Friendship done in ~10 trys, for me it's not the hardest, Brutal 6 is way harder imo.  But Bond of Friendship is the longest for sure, 10 in a row is exhausting, especially when you have to start everything from the beginning... AGAIN. And AGAIN. And AGAIN !!!

The most difficult fight is Bahamut because it's very hard to break the wings. And he's fast and can do a lot of damage.

Kujata i used some elemental weakness,  3-4 Fira for exemple when i try to avoid Tri-disaster and stagger him sooner. I think you have to be very aggressive in this challenge.

Edited by xIIxGHOSTxllx
  • Like 1

I feel like a massive thing people using Barrett don't realise is you can use 2 x vitality up materias and it turns him into a unit if you spec him out like I did he starts with protection then you put barrier up and haste just to generate ATB then use steelskin and he just wont die to octoslash like he takes maybe 25% dmg to the entire thing. You can practice blocking shadowy chains so much it helped me immensely