Any Advice for Brutal Challenge: Rulers of the Outer Worlds?

6 minutes ago, KhalifaReplays said:

Holy cow, wish the guy shared his build. The damage output is insane.

He does. It’s at the end of the video.

On 3/11/2024 at 11:12 AM, Attenziono said:

I finally did it, I'm shaking.

I had to drop Tifa, the bulk and range of Barrett is too important with Alexander, Gilgamesh and Sephiroth. I had to play very conservatively during Sephi first phase and had a couple close calls, but I also had the summon available, that really did help a lot.

So, Cloud, Barret and Red with Limit Siphon. Total time at the end was 18 minutes, but basically 30 minutes in real life.

Please tell me that the Zack Legendary Bout isn't as aggravating as this. I'm gonna go slay Hard Mode with my Gotterdammerung now and maybe come back refreshed.

My god, I had a more fun time with Pantheon 5 in Hollow Knight, had I known this game would be this hard I would've chosen another one for Platinum n.250

Is limit siphon an accessory? mind sharing your build?

32 minutes ago, Adam said:

It’s a yellow materia that you get from Chadley so you can transfer other party members’ limit break progress to yourself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adam said:

Sadly I don't have my build recorded, but the holy trio of Limit Siphon + Enhanced Expeditionary Medal on character 1, Gotterdammerung on character 2, Limit Support Materia on character 3 makes all challenges much better, especially Hard Mode is a breeze

His run is insane. I think it will take people more time to master it because he pretty much parries everything in Gilgamesh and Seph rounds. Good luck with that lol. So It might look easier but pulling this off might take more practice than actually doing the limit method with Barret. Some people might perfect his build, to be more casual player friendly, but as it stands it's like giving a glass cannon build to amateurs tbh.

Did This shit, took me 3 days of trying

my experience was horrible,runned barret Red cloud build like powerpyx recommended,it was smooth sailing except Alexander and Odin

Sometimes I killed odin before he vanishes,then Alexander spamming Lights around him like a madman then killed me with his Limit break... finally managed this duo and proceeded to Gilgamesh who killed me 6 times because I forgot to put barrier at the start of fight but ONLY ONCE I beat him

then Sephiroth and GUYS my heart pounded like a hell but it's was my FIRST ever meet with Virtual Sepiroth and did this First time!! I got lucky because he changed Affinity to Lighting when he was on verge of dying,My AP was very low too,thank god it's done just like for Rise of Ronin 🫶

On 3/13/2024 at 6:13 PM, Optinooby said:

Yea yea, does that hit all mobs then??? im yet try that, gotta go through experimenting with everything new.

Has anybody found anymore Speed Ups or somewhere to buy them?? Only 1 so far but the description says 'bonus can't exceed more than 100%' which suggests more than 1???

The AOE was big enough to 1 hit all the mobs for me kupo!

On 3/13/2024 at 6:13 PM, Optinooby said:

Yea yea, does that hit all mobs then??? im yet try that, gotta go through experimenting with everything new.

Has anybody found anymore Speed Ups or somewhere to buy them?? Only 1 so far but the description says 'bonus can't exceed more than 100%' which suggests more than 1???

The AOE was big enough to 1 hit all the mobs for me kupo!

my tips for Gilgamesh and Sepiroth

look at the powerpyx Syphon method,I constantly can go to the Odin Alexander fight but from here is the my most death counts whether from Alexander Limit break or bullshit Reprisal spam from Odin,I died couple times on Gilhamesh too because I forgot to cast barrier,it's really mandatory to not forget about it because Gilgamesh attacks are very psychical brutal damaging,if not limit syphon build I will never gonna do it Gilgamesh hp bar is so big,he can't even let you breath,you need abusing characters swapping to split his attention to get free hits,Barret is fuckin needed to this because you can raise his stagger from a far and he will quickly build limit then you need to syphon it to cloud to get his limit lv3 break
then Sepiroth Quickly cast barrier,you need to accept his shackles following with omnislash until phase 2,Same like for Gilgamesh you need to keep swapping characters to pull in free hits to increase his stagger bar, always look at the health if the barrier is active because sometimes Seph can unload from Omnislash to Omnislash prime with I'd very devastating for HP and you will to 
beat this,Limit syphon from barret hit him and he should be on half way to get staggered first time, rinse and repeat with barrier and curaga,it's crucial to get him staggered by cloud to rise his limit break and syphon to full unleash on his staggered state,if done correctly Sepiroth is gonna change to phase 2 invoking affinitys
if you have build elemental-fire and ice and other party with fire then you are going to be constantly Healed,watch out for Skewer its easy to avoid but if he hits you then it's massive chip od damage
You need to kill him before he change affinity to thunder because he can kill everyone in seconds spamming aoe spells on whole arena

REMEMBER BARIER IS YOUR FRIEND

Remember to use Steelskin on barret to mitigate even more damage from Omnislash! and swap from barret ATB BOOST ->PRAY
he got so much atb so heal with his atb without using MP!

Might try Cloud/Barret/Yuffie tomorrow. Red seems to be doing more-or-less nothing and is terrible for me as the last one left alive. Gilgamesh is no joke though, has successfully stopped all my runs so far. I agree w/ others in here that Odin/Alexander fight is a complete 50/50. If you're unlucky with Alexanders ranged attacks it quickly becomes an MP draining disaster. 

If all else fails though, I'll wait for more refined strats to come out. That perfect block strat has no shot of working for me lmao. 

Not looking forward to the legendary fights after this one. Definitely a harder platinum than Remake. 

Gilgamish has an insane amount of hp and most his attacks deal a lot of damage AND he debuff the team so you cannot consistently apply barrier without running out of mp and the necessary atb... FUN 

3 hours ago, Broshida said:

Might try Cloud/Barret/Yuffie tomorrow. Red seems to be doing more-or-less nothing and is terrible for me as the last one left alive. Gilgamesh is no joke though, has successfully stopped all my runs so far. I agree w/ others in here that Odin/Alexander fight is a complete 50/50. If you're unlucky with Alexanders ranged attacks it quickly becomes an MP draining disaster. 

If all else fails though, I'll wait for more refined strats to come out. That perfect block strat has no shot of working for me lmao. 

Not looking forward to the legendary fights after this one. Definitely a harder platinum than Remake. 

Cloud/Barret/Yuffie was my winning team. Had ATB Assist on Yuffie and spammed Art of War to get the other two’s ATB gauges up, would then use Focused Shot/Maximum Fury as Barret to boost up his Limit Meter as well as do some pressure damage to the bosses, and then would siphon his Limit Meter as Cloud to do Finishing Touch. Also had Prayer on everyone and would just shoot from afar as Yuffie or Barret if I needed healing. Used Curaga only when completely necessary and didn’t have two ATB ready.

Here is my recording of the Odin/Alexander, Gilgamesh, and Sephiroth fight. It was actually a pretty trash run at Odin/Alexander, had cleaner ones than this, but hey...whatever works.

Edited by AlexSobecki

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Gilgamish has an insane amount of hp and most his attacks deal a lot of damage AND he debuff the team so you cannot consistently apply barrier without running out of mp and the necessary atb... FUN 

you should have a lot of mp entering Gilgamesh battle to cast barrier,his psychical attacks are devastating without barrier,I got constantly KO by Alexander limit break,even once I saw Zantestuken without Gjalahorn ⚠️ Warning,it's 50/50 I think Alexander legs should be attacked when Odin is present

2 characters attack odin with atb meanwhile barret Target legs to save time 

4 hours ago, Broshida said:

Yes,my only rant about Alexander WHY THE FUCK his limit break does not reset if you manage to stagger him,just like Gilgamesh ultimate illusion is reseted if you manage to stagger him

because when you stagger Alexander you need to kill him fast or he will gladly fuck you up with his limit break 5 sec after activate,Odin return so you need to choose on who you want to use limit break also casting manawall with is almost useless and 20 MP

Edited by mati11120

9 minutes ago, mati11120 said:

tried it with syphon,does not work for me 

ended up doing it with barret Red and Cloud 

Ahh that's a shame.

I took the liberty of noting down the build if anyone is keen. Credit to MaliceNX on YT

Cloud
-----------------------
Weapon - Rune Blade
Armour - Cetran Bracer
Accessory - Genji Gloves

Materia
-----------------------
Weapon - Magnify + Empowerment, Revival, Magic Up, Limit Siphon, ATB Boost
Summon - Gilgamesh
Armour - Elemental + Fire and Ice, Magnify + Healing, Precision Defense Focus, Steadfast Block, First Strike, MP Up

Weapon Skills
-----------------------
ATB Charge Rate Up
Limit Break Damage 10%
Attack Power 20%
Magic Attack Power 20%

Tifa
-----------------------
Weapon - Dragon Claws
Armour - Cetran Armlet
Accessory - Fury Ring

Materia
-----------------------
Weapon - Darkside Materia, Enemy Skill, ATB Boost, ATB Assist
Summon - Odin
Armour - Elemental + Fire, Strength Up, Disempowerment, Skill Master, HP Up, Stedfast Block, Precision Defense

Weapon Skills
-----------------------
ATB Charge Up Rate, Enhanced Techniques, Weapon Ability Damage 5%, Attack Power 20

Barrett
-----------------------
Weapon - Battle Cry
Armour - Valkyrian Bangle
Accessory - Chocokings Cape

Materia
-----------------------
Weapon - Magnify Materia + Time, First Strike, Prayer, HP Up, MP Up
Summon - Alexander
Armour - Elemental + Fire, Precision Defense Focus, Steadfast Block, Limit Support, Enervation

Weapon Skills
------------------------
Opening ATB Bonus, ATB Charge Rate Up, Limit Gauge Charge Rate 10%, Attack Power 20

Edited by SadisticSymphony
  • Like 3

Edit: I dont know how but I did it. I actually did it with only Red alive with 2 MP and Sephiroth with 1 hit to get staggered. I cant say any tips cause Im sure its been pure luck by my side.

Im trying Cloud, Barret, Red but Gilgamesh is a monster.

He turns me into a frog when I need to Limit his genji shield, then he does ANOTHER illusory attack out of nowhere which I cant stagger cause he's been staggered before it.

How does the limit bar goes up? What do you need to do to increase it?

Edited by MiguelStein

Did it on my third try with Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie.

I died twice in the Alexander/Odin fight cause I wasn’t fully dodging/blocking Odin’s attack before him unleashing his Zantetsuken. Once I passed him Gilgamesh was also a problem, but Barrier/Magnify on Yuffie saved me many times, was a long fight. For Sephiroth, I knew barrier was huge so I did that in the beginning. This man spammed shadowy chains  LMAO. I was able to parry it with Yuffie meaning I can just heal the team with prayer since both Cloud and Tifa were getting their asses clapped.

Limit Siphon for the win man.

I've tried five different group/item setups and still can't get through this. The most success I've seen is still with Red/Cloud/Barret but they get stomped at Gilgamesh every time. Gonna give it another go using Yuffie/Tifa/Aerith tomorrow as a different guide suggests, 1st attempt got bodied by Odin but we'll see. 

Anyone got any ideas how this setup would work? 

Seems very powerful but I'm not understanding how they're getting ATB back so fast/spamming with Yuffie? NVM it's ATB ward + gotter lol. Yeah gonna give up on this for now, might come back to it in a few months. This + the legendary challenges + a hardmode run + the base game taking 100-ish hours is a bit much imo.  

Edited by Broshida