Any Advice for Brutal Challenge: Rulers of the Outer Worlds?

9 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I enjoy the combat, the platinum grind is just so tedious, mainly because everything is slow paced. This is worse than the Souls, Elden Ring, Witcher 3 etc in my eyes personally. You can speedrun Elden Ring Platinum in 10 hours, most Souls in similar time. Can even speedrun 100% Witcher 3 trophies in 20 hours, but this.................I feel like a platinum speedrun would be 50+ hours.

Im not going to do that or would even enjoy it with this just using it as an example for how slow the game is.

It's just my opinion is all, nothing more ;)

Yeah, that's fair the game is big and very slow. Not only that but it tests you in like every game possible, there's the thinking minigames like QB, Fort Condor, and whatever that robot one is called. You got speed ones with the bike and Chocobo racing and you have aiming ones like the Red13 ball game and the Pirate gun game. On top of that, you have a full combat system, hard mode, and VR missions. 

It is a lot, 100%. The problem is, this is a game that's staying faithful to a game in 1997 back then kids bought one game every month if they were lucky. Today you have like 10,000 games a year and a good 100 of them are Top-tier must-play, I think that's the problem, it's not the game but it's that today we have too many distractions compared to then.

And like Persona 5, this game aims to take over your life for a good long while.

5 minutes ago, GibiusMaximus said:

A lot of people didn't play the Yuffie DLC cuz it was locked to the PS5 version of the game for a long time to be fair. Even now PS5 unit sales are not even at 50% of PS4 lifetime unit sales so that definitely limited a lot of people. I personally prefer console for gaming, cuz I like to chill in the living room when playing games (though admittedly, Rebirth has me very much not chill lmao). Steam sales puts Remake Intergrade at about 1M Sales so not terrible, not fantastic. 

I didn't really spend a lot of time looking for broken builds or anything with Remake cuz I managed to complete everything incl. the Pride & Joy Mission with moderate difficulty. But you've got me curious, I discovered that I bought it all under my GB PSN so when I played Rebirth which I bought on my wife's USA PSN I didn't get Ramuh or Leviathan materia, so I'll probably go back and re-play Remake because I definitely enjoyed its combat significantly more.

Precision Dodging definitely doesn't feel very forgiving that's for sure, if it is 1.5s it's a very short 1.5s. Either way, it's a skill issue for sure, I absolutely suck at it and no amount of practice is helping me get any better at it. I'm a Kinesthetic learner, I'd need to be able to physically play the game at a slower speed to really see the timing for myself - watching videos does nothing for me tbh.

I've not taken the chance to watch Opti's guide yet because obligations, plus I needed to step away from the game before my anger at it makes me break something.

Yeah, I fully understand the frustration. I think I've said this to you, but to repeat it took me a week to beat the VR missions and I was trying every day. Though, honestly check out that guide you'll probably get it pretty easily with his guide, even if you don't want to just watch it and laugh at how much damage Aerith can do with the right setup. It really never occurred to me to stack Magic focus on one spell and I didn't even think it was possible yet here it is and with her 400+ magic her Firaga is hotter than the sun apparently; he took out Sephiroth in 2 minutes I think.

Edited by GB-Red-Eye
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

Yeah, that's fair the game is big and very slow. Not only that but it tests you in like every game possible, there's the thinking minigames like QB, Fort Condor, and whatever that robot one is called. You got speed ones with the bike and Chocobo racing and you have aiming ones like the Red13 ball game and the Pirate gun game. On top of that, you have a full combat system, hard mode, and VR missions. 

It is a lot, 100%. The problem is, this is a game that's staying faithful to a game in 1997 back then kids bought one game every month if they were lucky. Today you have like 10,000 games a year and a good 100 of them are Top-tier must-play, I think that's the problem, it's not the game but it's that today we have too many distractions compared to then.

And like Persona 5, this game aims to take over your life for a good long while.

Yeah, I fully understand the frustration. I think I've said this to you, but to repeat it took me a week to beat the VR missions and I was trying every day. Though, honestly check out that guide you'll probably get it pretty easily with his guide, even if you don't want to just watch it and laugh at how much damage Aerith can do with the right setup. It really never occurred to me to stack Magic focus on one spell and I didn't even think it was possible yet here it is and with her 400+ magic her Firaga is hotter than the sun apparently; he took out Sephiroth in 2 minutes I think.

Managed to do it in about 10 minutes first time with this strategy. Almost fucked it at the last cuz I was too slow on one of my casts, but at least that shit is over and done with. Now onto the Legendary Challenges...

Shoutout @Optinooby for the absolutely menacing strategy. I don't feel 'satisfied' cuz I don't feel like I earned the win, but at this point I'm so over this game that I'll take it lol.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GibiusMaximus said:

Managed to do it in about 10 minutes first time with this strategy. Almost fucked it at the last cuz I was too slow on one of my casts, but at least that shit is over and done with. Now onto the Legendary Challenges...

Shoutout @Optinooby for the absolutely menacing strategy. I don't feel 'satisfied' cuz I don't feel like I earned the win, but at this point I'm so over this game that I'll take it lol.

Congrats dude, I say whatever method you use you got it done, honestly I wish I knew to do that instead of wasting a week with limit siphon, but hey it's all in the past.

There's also a broken magic build for Cloud to get through Zack and Sephiroth's fights, now. I sadly have also done that one with limit siphon and getting killed by Bahamut 80 times 😅

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

There's also a broken magic build for Cloud to get through Zack and Sephiroth's fights, now. I sadly have also done that one with limit siphon and getting killed by Bahamut 80 times 😅

What’s the build for cloud? I just be hard mode after challenge 6 so now I need all the solo and last 2 legendary fights. Not looking forward to going back to VR challenges again 🥲

38 minutes ago, AnthonyAmato said:

What’s the build for cloud? I just be hard mode after challenge 6 so now I need all the solo and last 2 legendary fights. Not looking forward to going back to VR challenges again 🥲

That's the vid

it's so BS to see Bahamut die this fast. For the solo ones I used Powerpyx's builds, you shouldn't have a problem now that you have a limit break at the start of every round, maybe cait Sith, but if you know how to dodge you'll be good. This video has the hardest one (bonds of friendship) and arguably the hardest challenge of the game.

Edited by GB-Red-Eye

9 minutes ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

That's the vid

it's so BS to see Bahamut die this fast. For the solo ones I used Powerpyx's builds, you shouldn't have a problem now that you have a limit break at the start of every round, maybe cait Sith, but if you know how to dodge you'll be good. This video has the hardest one (bonds of friendship) and arguably the hardest challenge of the game.

Thank you! 

The Adamantoise in Barret vs. The Colossi was a bit of a nightmare, ganked me a couple of attempts where Enraged Charge would be Perfect Guard but it hit from the side after the fact then shot it's damn light beam laser feet attack. Got through that on attempt #6. 

ATB Boost -> Haste -> Overcharge -> Fira -> Focused Shot -> Fira -> Focused Shot -> LB was my play and eventually got it. 

About to move onto Tifa vs. The Marialists, aiming to be done with this shit tonight and then take a gaming break for a bit.

26 minutes ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

That's the vid

Still can't believe that this one is 10 Rounds... ugh.

Edited by GibiusMaximus

11 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Finally reached Rulers in my Guide List. I've spent a tonne of time trying to create the most accessible build and I think this could be the easiest you can make it.

I just did this fight on my first try lmao. This brumal form spam is so cheap I love it. Barret's manawall really saved me on Gilgamesh since he hits like a truck. Sephiroth's Shadowy Chains is very easy to parry so he just kept getting juggled by Aerith's Firaga.

Now to get walled by the solo legendary bouts and bonds of friendship...

13 hours ago, GibiusMaximus said:

The Adamantoise in Barret vs. The Colossi was a bit of a nightmare, ganked me a couple of attempts where Enraged Charge would be Perfect Guard but it hit from the side after the fact then shot it's damn light beam laser feet attack. Got through that on attempt #6. 

ATB Boost -> Haste -> Overcharge -> Fira -> Focused Shot -> Fira -> Focused Shot -> LB was my play and eventually got it. 

About to move onto Tifa vs. The Marialists, aiming to be done with this shit tonight and then take a gaming break for a bit.

Still can't believe that this one is 10 Rounds... ugh.

Careful of round 3 on Tifa that dumb boxer you need to box him back so run away and hit him as soon as he misses. Again Powerpyx's has a full explanation as well as a video.

2 hours ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

Careful of round 3 on Tifa that dumb boxer you need to box him back so run away and hit him as soon as he misses. Again Powerpyx's has a full explanation as well as a video.

Yeah, the only Solo ones after Barret that proved to be obnoxious were Red XIII's, mostly cuz I don't like him period & so never spent any time playing him outside of being forced to and Cait Sith's cuz I totally forgot how mechanics for Mindflayer worked, and didn't notice my Moogle hiding behind the rocks at first lmao.

3 hours ago, GibiusMaximus said:

Yeah, the only Solo ones after Barret that proved to be obnoxious were Red XIII's, mostly cuz I don't like him period & so never spent any time playing him outside of being forced to and Cait Sith's cuz I totally forgot how mechanics for Mindflayer worked, and didn't notice my Moogle hiding behind the rocks at first lmao.

Lol, I too didn't understand the Mindflayer until hard mode when he started killing me with that AOE attack and then I was like what's the point of the rocks? and had that "Aha" moment.

25 minutes ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

Lol, I too didn't understand the Mindflayer until hard mode when he started killing me with that AOE attack and then I was like what's the point of the rocks? and had that "Aha" moment.

It’s very much a similar scenario to playing FFXIV which is why it probably should have clicked a lot earlier than it did lmfao. 

PXL_20240324_041929318.jpg?ex=66121edf&i

Good riddance. I was so excited I forgot the PS5 has a screenshot function.

I mostly used the Limit Syphon strategy, but I used Yuffie instead of Barrett - made Gilgamesh more consistent but Odin/Alexander a little less consistent. Barrett's lack of mobility was a real liability in the Gilgamesh fight (at least with my playstyle) and Yuffie's an ATB/stagger factory with ninjutsu. End of Gilgamesh into VS is the hardest part of the battle. For VS, I intentionally attacked him to get in some chip stagger and just let him chain my characters once I had ATB built up and Barrier cast. Omnistrike builds limit quickly, and if you can get off a Finishing Touch when he's staggered you can pretty much cruise into the second phase (and through the end of the fight). Think it was my fourth time getting to Sephiroth, one time I was too low on MP to close it out, and a few times I just didn't know how to play around his attacks. The AI in this game is really frustrating in that it's over-aggroed to whatever character you're controlling so you have to manipulate that in your favor - i.e. build up ATB, switch to another character, then use it to avoid being knocked out of your ATB move.

Rant aside, here was my full build if anyone wants it another option, but there are better methods out there:

Spoiler

Cloud - Sleek Saber / Cetran Armlet / Enhanced Expeditionary Medal

Weapon: First Strike-Strength Up, MP Up-Poison and Petrify, HP Up-Healing

Armor: Vitality Up-ATB Boost, Barrier-Magnify, Fire and Ice-Elemental, Limit Syphon-Revival

Weapon Upgrades: ATB Charge Rate Up / ATB Charge Rate Up / Attack Power +20 / Attack Power +20

Red XIII - Mystic Collar / Cetran Bracer / Ribbon

Weapon: Healing-Magnify, Revival-Cleansing, ATB Assist-First Strike

Armor: HP Up-MP Up, Elemental-Fire, Steadfast Block-Limit Support, Synergy-Poison

Weapon Upgrades: Attack Power +20, Magic Attack Power +20, Invigorating Vengeance, Weapon Ability ATB Recovery

Yuffie -  Fuma Shuriken, Valkyrian Bangle, Limit Booster

Weapon: Healing-Magnify, MP Up-Vitality Up, Spirit Up-HP Up

Armor: Elemental-Fire, Prayer-Steadfast Block, Revival-Skill Master

Weapon Upgrades: Attack Power +20, Magic Attack Power +20, MP Recovery Rate Up, ATB Charge Rate Up

Speaking of, I wish I'd seen @Optinooby's video before struggling through this. What a strat! Also really appreciate that you narrated your guide. The other early guides scroll over materia so quickly and offer no insight into their plan, just show their execution.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 1:39 AM, Hajpero said:

After browsing this topic for 5 days, and trying for 5 days i have finally done it. It must've been at least 50 attempts, but using yuffie tactics it took me just 4 attempts, consistently beating gilgamesh's ass! The In-Game time ended up at only 8:32 ! Fast and very much reliable method!

- I tried PowerPyx method and gosh it's awful for today's standards. It takes forever and it gets the job done really slow. Limit loop was much more appealing.
- Then I tried limit loop method which also takes a lot of time. Getting to gilgamesh took me about 20 minutes InGame time. I disliked this method for this particular reason.
- Then i was trying OP Tifa with Fury ring, berserk, bravery, and god knows what. I got to Sephiroth like twice out of ~20 attempts. But without more than 50% parries (or 75%+ would be more feasible) i was getting decimated both by Gilgamesh and Sephiroth.
- Lastly @TranQuangHuy posted this tactic with yuffie filling ATBs like posessed. I went to level up some of the blue materias, tweaked some EQs and perfected his setup. That was it!
VERY little parrying is required, actually nothing besides Sephiroth's Shadowy Chains

Equipment and materias:

YUFFIE
(spamming brumal form, almost no ATB usage)
Crescent Sickle
Hades Armlet
Transference Module

[WPN] Revival, Healing, Limit Support, First Strike, HP up, MP up (Kujata)
[ARM] Fire+Elemental, Steadfast Block, ATB Boost, ATB Assist, Speed up, Precision Defense
[Skills] Opening ATB Bonus, ATB Charge Rate Up, Shuriken Mastery, Precision Defense ATB

BARRET
(Buffs + stagger build up)
Barrage Blaster
Cetran Armlet
Chocoking's Cape

[WPN] Magnify+Time, Magnify+Barrier, Prayer, Hp up (Phoenix)
[ARM] Elemental+Fire, Magic Efficiency+Healing, Vitality up, Revival, Mp up, Precision Defense
[Skills]
Max HP +200, Selfish Recovery +25%, Selfish Buff up, Trade-off

AERITH
(Main DPS = 2x Firaga for 15-18k dmg without stagger)
Plumose Rod
Cetran Bracer
Enhanced Expeditionary Medal

[WPN] Precision Defense, Wind, Hp up, Revival, Magic Up, First Strike, (Alexander)
[ARM] Swiftcast(4)+Fire, Mp Absorption+Fire, Elemental+Fire and Ice, Magic Focus(4)+Fire
[Skills]
Max HP+200, Not-So-Fleeting Familiar, Not-So-Fleeting Familiar, Ward Shift Mastery

This is by far the easiest method IMO. No buffs are really mandatory apart for haste. I had barrier for recovery after Octoslash + had Aerith's limit level 2 - the one that nullifies physical dmg, also for Sephiroth. I believe I parried like 3 or 4 times during entire video, cause I'm terrible at it, especially on last battle. This build interrupts sephiroth's actions (at least some), and if I went with Arcane Ward earlier, I'd kill him much faster. Firaga does lots of dmg, it casts very fast with swiftcast + you recover more mana than you spend. Staggers are usually used to reckon the situation rather than doing dmg. I usually refreshed haste + filled up yuffies ATBs.

I really hope it helps you folks that are struggling. I literally spent 20+ hours on this fight alone. No matter if others are harder. At least I'm moving forward!

I did this build and I finally go it!

Just did it, saved and came here to reply!

Reached Sephiroth about 6 times. Died the first 2 times instantly in 20 secs because of shadow chains. 

What helped me was lifesaver and steelskin on barret with magnify manawall. 

I then did the synergy with Aerith for infinite MP and then blasted him with Firaga. Then during fire infusion, did Blizzaga. Then killed him by Lightning infusion. 

The last attempt, I perfect parried all shadow chains except the first 2. Barrett helped and arise also helped. 

Thanks man. I got it with your build exactly and now I only have all the legendary VR left. Dreading the zack one but for now got Gotterdammerung. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ValkyrBlack said:

I did this build and I finally go it!

Just did it, saved and came here to reply!

Reached Sephiroth about 6 times. Died the first 2 times instantly in 20 secs because of shadow chains. 

What helped me was lifesaver and steelskin on barret with magnify manawall. 

I then did the synergy with Aerith for infinite MP and then blasted him with Firaga. Then during fire infusion, did Blizzaga. Then killed him by Lightning infusion. 

The last attempt, I perfect parried all shadow chains except the first 2. Barrett helped and arise also helped. 

Thanks man. I got it with your build exactly and now I only have all the legendary VR left. Dreading the zack one but for now got Gotterdammerung. 

Thank you so much for letting me know! It's one of few attempts of me giving back to community🙂 Glad i could help!

I just today got platinum. I found zack mission much easier than sephiroths, due to the fact that zack is just your support character. Haste and faith on cloud and use Aeroga build with swiftcast, magic focus, hp and mp absorption. Both are a little easier than gotterdammerung, but just a little.

With sephi mission i threw out hp absorb+wind and replaced with elemental+fire and ice, and enemy skill for empowerment - for faith. Never forget about pride mode usage!

If i could give some advice for sephi mission - i always kept at least one atb on sephiroth, but usually 2. I was doing the same shit with aeroga minus haste, but each time i had synergy, i used it then threw 2 reraises for free. Having 2 atbs on sephi made this possible in like 2 seconds.

Only on jabberwock i used firaga with sephiroth to destroy its shield. He was my support char mainly. I was using his offense skills for wings of zu, bahamut and arms of alexander. Cloud was again dmg dealer.

Now i wish you good luck cause it's long and quite hard. You got through brutals, and will get through legendaries🙂!

POWER💪💪💪!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hajpero said:

Thank you so much for letting me know! It's one of few attempts of me giving back to community🙂 Glad i could help!

I just today got platinum. I found zack mission much easier than sephiroths, due to the fact that zack is just your support character. Haste and faith on cloud and use Aeroga build with swiftcast, magic focus, hp and mp absorption. Both are a little easier than gotterdammerung, but just a little.

With sephi mission i threw out hp absorb+wind and replaced with elemental+fire and ice, and enemy skill for empowerment - for faith. Never forget about pride mode usage!

If i could give some advice for sephi mission - i always kept at least one atb on sephiroth, but usually 2. I was doing the same shit with aeroga minus haste, but each time i had synergy, i used it then threw 2 reraises for free. Having 2 atbs on sephi made this possible in like 2 seconds.

Only on jabberwock i used firaga with sephiroth to destroy its shield. He was my support char mainly. I was using his offense skills for wings of zu, bahamut and arms of alexander. Cloud was again dmg dealer.

Now i wish you good luck cause it's long and quite hard. You got through brutals, and will get through legendaries🙂!

POWER💪💪💪!!!

I just saw this after getting the plat. 

Man the aeroga build is so OP for Zack. Never saw that much damange that quick in my life. Did it first try too. 

Rulers of the outer worlds took more time due to sephi bs shadow chains. 

Sephi's mission I also got first try because he is so damn OP. The dash just removes danger entirely. Odin was a joke for sephiroth. Got shredded and could even touch me. 

Also congrats on the plat. Finally can breathe after these deathly crazy bs vr missions. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 5:18 PM, Optinooby said:

We use the Stop-Quake loop, I dunno, cant really decide on a fitting name. But as you will see in the video, all enemies are pretty much frozen for the whole video and dont get chance to do any attacks at all!!! Nothing to block or evade!!

The build is OP because Stop can be magnified (stop 3 enemies at once), and a magnified Quake can hit every enemy 3 times if they are all together within the AOE, hence where Stop comes useful!! A magnified Quake can potentially do triple damage!!!

Bookmarked! Thank you for this!

• Like 1

Finally free from this. Legendary next.

I’ll share my build as maybe it can help someone.

Yuffie

4 Point Shuriken - Cetran Armlet - Speed Demon Keychain

HP - Speed - Precision Def - Steadfast Block - First Strike - ATB Assist

Skill Master - Empowerment - Barrier&Magnify - Fire&Elemental - Revival&Magic Efficiency

Fire Damage - Shuriken Mastery- Max MP+3 - Opening ATB Bonus

Barret

Barrage Blaster - Hades Armlet - Chocoking’s Cape

HP - MP - Precision Def - Steadfast Block - Chakra - Prayer

Time&Magnify - Revival & Magnify - Fire&Elemental - Cleansing (for Gilg, used it once)

Max HP+200 - Selfish Recovery+25 - Selfish Buff Up - Trade-Off

Aerith

Plumrose Rod - Cetran Bracer - Genji Armlet

HP - MP - Magic - Precision Def - Steadfast Block - First Strike

Fire&Ice w/ Swiftcast - Lightning&Wind w/ MP Absorb - Fire & Magic Focus - Enemy Skill (not used) - Limit Support

Enduring Ward - Max HP+200 - Ward Shift Mastery - Enhanced Magic Guard

Opening is

Magnify Haste - ATB Ward for Yuffie - Brumal Spam in ATB

then Lifesaver, Steelskin for Barret.

spam Magic with Aerith just balance your MP.

Faith Aerith w/ Yuffie.

Chakra/Pray if healing is needed.

Arcane Ward if you can, I find Aerith standing there even if I’m not directly controlling her.

Magnify Barrier is for Sephiroth 1st phase. 

I almost get Full MP every new round with this one. Almost full always at round 5. Good luck. 🍀 

On 3/23/2024 at 6:02 AM, Optinooby said:

Finally reached Rulers in my Guide List. I've spent a tonne of time trying to create the most accessible build and I think this could be the easiest you can make it.

Full commentary is provided with everything carefully explained. It's a very quick nuke build, but also comes with a massive range of support options (even has Magnified Cleansing to prevent Frogging!) Also, in an attempt to make it as accessible as possible, we do NO blocking/parrying or even SWITCHING characters!!!

Yes i'm a firm believer in the more actions there is, the more complicated/advanced it becomes, which I why I tried to remove the switching characters aspect.

Everything is outlined inside, I hope it helps ;)

Although I'm not quite up to these yet, just wanted to say a big thanks for the time and effort you've put into these clips. Videos with narration are some much easier to follow.

Again, thanks :)

• Like 1

Wow. I beat it on my second try. That Yuffie Brumal Form build is awesome. I even managed to assess VR Sephiroth for the Play Log.

This is a huge motivational boost to finish this game. As I became kind of bored with it constantly being in the menu swapping gear and materia around.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 10:02 AM, Optinooby said:

Full commentary is provided with everything carefully explained. It's a very quick nuke build, but also comes with a massive range of support options (even has Magnified Cleansing to prevent Frogging!) Also, in an attempt to make it as accessible as possible, we do NO blocking/parrying or even SWITCHING characters!!!

Yes i'm a firm believer in the more actions there is, the more complicated/advanced it becomes, which I why I tried to remove the switching characters aspect.

Everything is outlined inside, I hope it helps ;)

Just got this a bit ago, there's a lot of good videos and strategies here, but this is the only video I had no real problems with, took me about 6 tries. I even got my final scan with Assess in Barret's empty slot. This build is insane how easy it makes it. Rebirth Hard Mode and Hard Challenges for me are extremely difficult, I had no problem in anything in Hard Mode in Remake. These challenges make the Weiss Battle Simulator fight in Remake, look like a cake walk. Well at least I finally got my Gotterdammerung, should make the Legendary Battles and the rest of Hard Mode easier, since I got stuck on Rufus. Props to everyone who's already gotten the Platinum, I'll get there soon.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 2