Any Advice for Brutal Challenge: Rulers of the Outer Worlds?

2 minutes ago, CommodoreSellers said:

The Zack and cloud legendary fight is worse imo.

Ho boy. I only managed to defeat Gilgamesh once so far with the Tifa Divekick method and got my ass whooped by Sephiroth. I don't know if I should really continue or not at this point

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Iamyourfeather said:

Ho boy. I only managed to defeat Gilgamesh once so far with the Tifa Divekick method and got my ass whooped by Sephiroth. I don't know if I should really continue or not at this point

Don't get too discouraged. If you can do this one then bonds of friendship isn't out of reach. It's just a major slog being 10 rounds, you only have cloud and Zack, everything hits harder and has way more HP, only a couple of the rounds are particularly nasty, unfortunately one of them is bahamut and he is right near the end hahaha.

Definitely want to do the sonic boom and braver method to clip bahamuts wings before it transforms.

Edited by CommodoreSellers

My main problem right now is Sephiroth. I don't understand Shadowy Chains. I can parry it if he dashes towards me but sometimes he just throws it from far away and I'm not sure that can be parried.

Edit: 
I just won and I'm so glad I never have to do this fight ever again.

Edited by Iamyourfeather

3 hours ago, Iamyourfeather said:

Is this fight the hardest in the game? Because if it isn't, I might as well just give up on the platinum right now

Yeah, Zack's challenge is overall the hardest. Due to the fact it's 10 bosses, they hit even harder and got like 2x more HP, while you got only 2 people team, and Zack got preset materia, so you can only adjust Cloud's equipment. But at the same time, the bosses moveset is imo easier than Sephiroth and Gilgamesh moveset. Only thing that makes it easier is the fact you faced them before, and can use your knowledge, making it a bit more manageable. It's still a shitshow that can go wrong in seconds lol. The worst part is that it's so long. More of an endurance challenge than the difficulty imo.

8 hours ago, kamilinhoPL said:

Yeah, Zack's challenge is overall the hardest. Due to the fact it's 10 bosses, they hit even harder and got like 2x more HP, while you got only 2 people team, and Zack got preset materia, so you can only adjust Cloud's equipment. But at the same time, the bosses moveset is imo easier than Sephiroth and Gilgamesh moveset. Only thing that makes it easier is the fact you faced them before, and can use your knowledge, making it a bit more manageable. It's still a shitshow that can go wrong in seconds lol. The worst part is that it's so long. More of an endurance challenge than the difficulty imo.

Yeah I finally unlocked the fight just to realize how much of an endeavor this is. Just the first fight is already extremely annoying with how much health Titan has. 

This is borderline torture.

I've seen a couple of comments on my own previous video about the limit loop method this morning, so I recorded a run of me doing it on my first try. This might be an easier method for those struggling. It's not completely free even still, but once you get the loop down the round is a certain win. You still have to be careful against Gilgamesh and Sephiroth though, prior to getting the loop. It basically involves Aerith using Rising Fury to give limit to the other two, using it as one of them, and siphoning it from the other, using Rising Fury again, and repeating the process by using limits over and over, preferably after at least levelling the limits once prior to the loop. Setup and more detailed explanation is in the pinned comment on the video.

Hopefully this will help some people.

Edited by CommodoreSellers
  • Like 2

Uf i am the only person here where struggeling at Challenge 4? How did you guys managed round 9? I used Cloud Barret and Aerith (with here Limit Cheese Build) but i cant managed it🤣 What was youre build and group for the brutal challenges?

4 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Wow, managed Brutal fights yesterday and will likely make a commentated guide on very soon, I would go as far to say this is harder than DMC5 which I covered recently.

A lot to explain though, i feel i will need to keep stopping to explain stuff as we go ;)

I've been using a Limit Build similar to those floating about. The first 2 fights, you can kind off brute force your way through, and fight 3 you need to be careful to begin, and then can brute force your way once Odin vanishes. Gilgamesh I feel you need to learn him. I would just keep blocking to build up limit and then just unleash the limits. Virtual Sephiroth isn't as bad as Gilgamesh, but you need a few attempts to get used to him.

I had to do the fight again because i closed the game after finishing it for the night and it didnt save xD! Though its not as bad for me now I kinda almost mastered the build. Would have to practise a little more and optimise for a guide.

I'm hoping they nerf these fights in updates as I think they're a bit too overtuned. The overtuning wouldn't be so bad if you could easily practise a round. It needs to be like Hollow Knights pantheons, sure you must do them all at once, but at least you can practise each one at a time with the same difficulty 

Looking forward to this. Your Remake guide was amazing and the only reason I got the plat. Which limit build did you find success with? The Aerith infinite loop or Cloud + Limit Siphon?

15 minutes ago, Broshida said:

Looking forward to this. Your Remake guide was amazing and the only reason I got the plat. Which limit build did you find success with? The Aerith infinite loop or Cloud + Limit Siphon?

Ive got write it all down and stuff yet as I havent memorised the names of the stuff I use, but its:

-- Enhanced Expeditionary Medal on Aerith (start with Limit Level 3) and Limit Siphon on her (takes someone elses limit meter).

-- Expeditionary Medal on Tifa (start with Limit level 2).

-- And the accessory on Cloud where you start with half a limit meter.

Fights would usually start off using ATBs etc as normal dependant on the enemies. Aerith sucks up Cloud or Tifas limit meter or both, then we start the process. By that point Tifa is limit level 3 so she can always her max limit break.

Problem is getting it started and maintaining it, though seems to be the best set up for it without using Gotterdammerung. Cloud starting with half his meter really helps get it going quicker and I use Tifas max limit as she is my main damage dealer

• Like 1

Rulers of the Outer Worlds feels broken and unbalanced. I can’t even get past Odin and Alexander so I can’t even practice on Gilgamesh and Sephiroth. :( I been trying everyone’s methods but the bosses are way more aggressive than ppls videos.

1 minute ago, diogoarez said:

This looks so broken lmao, I wonder if I can replace Barret for Yuffie and if it would still work

I tried this at first and I was able to destroy round 1 fast but round 2 it was hit or miss for me. Titan would deal too much damage. And I’d run out of mp, the video makes it seem so easy lol

I don’t think you can do it without barret, the only reason why is because  Barret needs to use “lifesaver” to take damage away from Tifa especially when she activates “Darkside” 

1 hour ago, diogoarez said:

This looks so broken lmao, I wonder if I can replace Barret for Yuffie and if it would still work

I'm struggling to parse what the actual strat is because it's so quick. Bravery and haste on everyone, and then go ham with Tifa? Heals and Fire with Cloud, and Lifesaver with Barrett when Tifa uses Darkside? 

Either way, he manages some S Tier parrying of Gilgamesh and Sephiroth which no doubt makes everything go way smoother than it does for the average player.

12 minutes ago, BusyFace13 said:

I'm struggling to parse what the actual strat is because it's so quick. Bravery and haste on everyone, and then go ham with Tifa? Heals and Fire with Cloud, and Lifesaver with Barrett when Tifa uses Darkside? 

Either way, he manages some S Tier parrying of Gilgamesh and Sephiroth which no doubt makes everything go way smoother than it does for the average player.

It's not just that either. They're insanely fast with their inputs in most fights with almost no mistakes. The parrying is one thing, but the lightning fast commands for Barret and Cloud at just the right times is nuts. 

TBH I'm struggling to keep Tifa alive when she's my main DPS. Think I'll revisit the Cloud/Barret/Red strat as I get bodied in round 2 using Tifa. 

Some of the fights I see online vs what I'm actually fighting seem worlds apart though. Round 2 in particular. My Bahamut/Titan combo are relentless, yet when I watch other strats, their duo seems almost docile in comparison. The same with Odin/Alexander. IDK what it is with my version of Alexander but boy does he love spamming tracking shots at me. 

39 minutes ago, BusyFace13 said:

Yeah you do as you say but you also have to use unfettered to get her to rage not rise and fall, because apparently that switch’s up her combos then you pretty much dive kick constantly, but yes like you mentioned he’s like pro at parry.

i’m an aggressive player, I don’t have patience so I go nuts and take risk. I hate being so defensive in fights 

25 minutes ago, Broshida said:

It's not just that either. They're insanely fast with their inputs in most fights with almost no mistakes. The parrying is one thing, but the lightning fast commands for Barret and Cloud at just the right times is nuts. 

TBH I'm struggling to keep Tifa alive when she's my main DPS. Think I'll revisit the Cloud/Barret/Red strat as I get bodied in round 2 using Tifa. 

Some of the fights I see online vs what I'm actually fighting seem worlds apart though. Round 2 in particular. My Bahamut/Titan combo are relentless, yet when I watch other strats, their duo seems almost docile in comparison. The same with Odin/Alexander. IDK what it is with my version of Alexander but boy does he love spamming tracking shots at me. 

The Titan/Bahamut duo is a little rng in terms of who aggros them at the start, the other rounds are kinda consistent in aggros. For video purposes, the player may have quit if Bahamut didnt aggro correctly.

What I mean is, starting off Bahamut will randomly choose to either target you or an ally. Now if he targets an ally, it's MUCH easier as you can pummel Titan while Bahamut is potentially on the other side of the arena attacking an ally (and he stays on the ally until you break the shield). But if Bahamut goes for you at the start, it can get messy as then you're trying to fight Titan while Bahamut is attacking you!!

Edited by Optinooby

25 minutes ago, Broshida said:

Exactly when I fight Titan, he just goes  berserk on me lol, no time to breathe. And the video above his bahamut was like napping not moving for 2 mins while mine is destroying me lol

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

The Titan/Bahamut duo is a little rng in terms of who aggros them at the start, the other rounds are kinda consistent in aggros. For video purposes, the player may have quit if Bahamut didnt aggro correctly.

What I mean is, starting off Bahamut will randomly choose to either target you or an ally. Now if he targets an ally, it's MUCH easier as you can pummel Titan while Bahamut is potentially on the other side of the arena attacking an ally (and he stays on the ally until you break the shield). But if Bahamut goes for you at the start, it can get messy as then you're trying to fight Titan while Bahamut is attacking you!!

Oh I didn’t know that! That’s good info!

21 minutes ago, AnthonyAmato said:

Yeah you do as you say but you also have to use unfettered to get her to rage not rise and fall, because apparently that switch’s up her combos then you pretty much dive kick constantly, but yes like you mentioned he’s like pro at parry.

i’m an aggressive player, I don’t have patience so I go nuts and take risk. I hate being so defensive in fights 

Same, and I know that will make it harder but I don't do well with slow tactics in most games haha, rather go out with a bang

21 minutes ago, AnthonyAmato said:

Exactly when I fight Titan, he just goes  berserk on me lol, no time to breathe. And the video above his bahamut was like napping not moving for 2 mins while mine is destroying me lol

Oh I didn’t know that! That’s good info!

I dunno why it happens with that round specifically, guess Bahamut is just Bahamut!!!

It's so easy when Bahamut decides to go for a teammate at the start.

I've tried moving away quickly, or waiting to attack etc to see if something triggers who he goes for, but just serms total RNG! Unless it's whoever got the last hit in the previous round but I doubt that!! He may be more likely to target the leader, haven't really kept note of that.

Problem with some videos without context provided, is you don't know how long it took them to get to that point, is it a consistent strategy etc etc

Edited by Optinooby

I did the Tifa Divekick method a couple days ago with a slightly different, more safe, build. The run I beat it with was very sloppy and took about 12 minutes I think. I hit the share button to record it afterwards and can upload a video of it if it would help someone. My upload speed is abysmally slow though.

I died to Gilgamesh 3 or 4 times and Sephiroth twice until I understood what to do (and wtf turned me into a toad vs Gilgamesh), but each run was less than 10 minutes. Sephiroth's ranged shadowy chain grab thing is really hard to see. The first 3 rounds are pretty consistent and easy after you get used to the strategy, but I sort of winged it on my different attempts on 4 and 5.

In the first round, sometimes I didn't kill Phoenix fast enough and the other one respawned. It didn't matter, just wasted some time, because you just spam divekick on him and he dies super easy.

In the second, they would target random characters as was said. I would do the Bravery, Lifesaver(I forget if that's the name), haste, build 1 ATB to do L1+R1 to get 2, then do the Unfettered Strength or whatever it's called twice, then 1 Divekick would pressure Titan and take pressure off of you. After Titan was dead I always did a synergy on Bahamut and Limit Breaked him at some point. I always made sure to use abilities with Cloud/Barret to get the Synergy pips. Oh I just remembered, I was using bravery at first, but I switched to barrier I think after dying to Gilgamesh a couple times. I found that I didn't need Bravey and I wasn't trying to speed run.

The 3rd round was annoying until I figured out what was going on. I was flawless on Odin my first 2-3 attempts and didn't understand what was happening on my next few sloppy attempts. The reprisal thing. So what I did was avoid/perfect parry EVERY Odin attack until I could Divekick him to vanish. If I got hit ONCE (I think I did in my winning run), then I just try to get a limit break by letting Alex hit me to get him to vanish. The rest is easy after he vanishes. 

I don't think I do it in the video because I wasn't used to using Tifa very much, but I did this a lot during my hard playthrough afterwards, was a Tifa uppercut cancel. If you hold square to do the uppercut, wait until she punches, then you let go of square and tap R1: she doesn't go in the air. You can repeat this to build ATB super fast. I figured I'd mention that, but don't focus on that because it might mess you up until you get used to it.

Edited by CarnivoreCaveCow
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, CarnivoreCaveCow said:

I did the Tifa Divekick method a couple days ago with a slightly different, more safe, build. The run I beat it with was very sloppy and took about 12 minutes I think. I hit the share button to record it afterwards and can upload a video of it if it would help someone. My upload speed is abysmally slow though.

I died to Gilgamesh 3 or 4 times and Sephiroth twice until I understood what to do (and wtf turned me into a toad vs Gilgamesh), but each run was less than 10 minutes. Sephiroth's ranged shadowy chain grab thing is really hard to see. The first 3 rounds are pretty consistent and easy after you get used to the strategy, but I sort of winged it on my different attempts on 4 and 5.

In the first round, sometimes I didn't kill Phoenix fast enough and the other one respawned. It didn't matter, just wasted some time, because you just spam divekick on him and he dies super easy.

In the second, they would target random characters as was said. I would do the Bravery, Lifesaver(I forget if that's the name), haste, build 1 ATB to do L1+R1 to get 2, then do the Unfettered Strength or whatever it's called twice, then 1 Divekick would pressure Titan and take pressure off of you. After Titan was dead I always did a synergy on Bahamut and Limit Breaked him at some point. I always made sure to use abilities with Cloud/Barret to get the Synergy pips. Oh I just remembered, I was using bravery at first, but I switched to barrier I think after dying to Gilgamesh a couple times. I found that I didn't need Bravey and I wasn't trying to speed run.

The 3rd round was annoying until I figured out what was going on. I was flawless on Odin my first 2-3 attempts and didn't understand what was happening on my next few sloppy attempts. The reprisal thing. So what I did was avoid/perfect parry EVERY Odin attack until I could Divekick him to vanish. If I got hit ONCE (I think I did in my winning run), then I just try to get a limit break by letting Alex hit me to get him to vanish. The rest is easy after he vanishes. 

I don't think I do it in the video because I wasn't used to using Tifa very much, but I did this a lot during my hard playthrough afterwards, was a Tifa uppercut cancel. If you hold square to do the uppercut, wait until she punches, then you let go of square and tap R1: she doesn't go in the air. You can repeat this to build ATB super fast. I figured I'd mention that, but don't focus on that because it might mess you up until you get used to it.

I’m gonna try barrier instead of bravery. A video would be very helpful, seeing it in action might help a few of us.

so Tifa you tap square a bit then hold square and press r1 or just hold square and press R1 instead of Comboing? 

1 hour ago, CarnivoreCaveCow said:

A video would be awesome 

I managed to do it my first try reading up on various strategies and what to equip. I used Cloud, Tifa and Barret.  I still made a lot of mistakes though because it's impossible to prepare for every thing that can go wrong on the first try.  Even despite all the mistakes, it only took 17 minutes for me to clear it.  With more practice and knowledge it would be a very easy sub 10 minute clear with this party.  I had a lot of issues getting through Gilgamesh because I didn't have anyone equipped with a cleanse materia to remove frog or silence.  That was only the 2nd time I ever fought him so I got hit a lot of times.  I didn't have as much trouble with Virtual Sephiroth.  I even had all 3 of my characters get grabbed and full Octaslashed, but none of them died thanks to barrier+magnify.  After that I realized the perfect block timing for shadowy chains is VERY easy with precision block equipped at least.  It is super slow, mostly you just have to switch to the character that he is targeting with the attack otherwise the AI won't do it right.  The main trouble is being in an animation from another ability when he decides to do it.

I setup Cloud to be more of a caster and threw Genji glove on him for some potentially big spell damage like that one video linked did, though I don't know if that really helped too much in hindsight.  Maybe Ribbon would have been better and a cleansing materia for the Gilgamesh fight instead.  I used Tifa with enhanced expeditionary medal and Barret just a standard tank setup with enhanced karmic cowl.  Everyone had heal/revive/hp up/mp up/precision defense/steadfast block and elemental + fire or fire/ice on.  I had first strike on Cloud and used the initial ATB to cast haste with magnify on my party every round.

Overall, I found brutal 6 easier than brutal 4 or 5, any of the solo legendary bouts or the last few chapters of hard mode.  The bosses seem to have reduced hp and stagger.  Tifa just demolishes them.  I have no clue why anyone would choose not to take Tifa on this.  She will delete anything in a single stagger unless you are in a semi compromised position when the stagger happens and you can't fully take advantage of it.  Cloud is a good all around mage+support and Barret can survive about anything to make sure you don't wipe when making mistakes.  A pretty good party for this all around.  I had arguably the worst Gilgamesh kill ever seen with the amount of people I had turned into frogs/silences or killed but still managed to rotate my heals and revives around until finally getting my shit together to pull out a devastating DPS phase during his stagger.

Tifa divekick carries really hard at all times with unbridled strength tier 2 damage buff up and then just hold down square to do the uppercut into the air.. then use the divekick in midair.  The animation is at least 2x faster than using divekick off the ground and it misses far less.  Combine with giving her haste, bravery and most of the ATB materia for a relentless onslaught.  When staggering enemies, I would spam true strike unless I didn't have any ATB initially then I would just use rise and fall and omnistrike from her triangle attacks before spamming true strike. Odin and Alexander get utterly deleted by her.  Gilgamesh is really the only tough phase imo.

I have one additional bit of advice that I haven't seen anyone mention for some reason.  Use slipstream saber with Cloud and put stagger recovery + trade-off on.  He will regain so much MP during the 5 rounds.  If he gets hit by big attacks he gets MP back for spamming magnified curagas/arise/aga tier spells or whatever.  It isn't his best damage weapon but the utility is really good for making sure you don't run out of MP.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 1