Any Advice for Brutal Challenge: Rulers of the Outer Worlds?

I actually was just rewatching my own video and I didnt even realise barrett did not have barrier or protect for 2 of the octoslashes and only went to 50 - 60% hp because of all the protection stat he has he takes one later with barrier on its own and its like 2k dmg lol. If you had everything up he will take like 1k and ignore it honestly if anyone is struggling please try it.

2 hours ago, Baker said:

But what’s the build? The same as mentioned already in this thread but swapping Barrett for Cloud? And minus Gotterdammerung.

It's in the comments. 

CLOUD: Rune Blade, Cetran Armlet, Gotterdammerung
Time + All, ATB Assist, Steadfast Block, Luck up x2, Fire + MP Absorb, Empowerment + All, HP + MP up, Strength up, ATK<>MATK, and Gilgamesh
weapon had Limit damage +10%, MATK +20, Stagger Recovery, and MATK up when at full MP

AERITH: Plumose Rod, Cetran Bracer, Genji Gloves
Fire + MP Absorb, Enemy Skill, First Strike, HP + MP up, Fire and Ice + Swiftcast, Lightning and Wind, Skill Master, Magic up, ATB Boost, Luck up x2, and Phoenix
weapon had MATK +20, HP +200, Enduring Ward, and Magic Guard

YUFFIE: Crescent Sickle, Hades Shoes, Hermes Shoes
Luck up x2, Precision Defense, Steadfast Block, First Strike, ATB Boost, Time + Magic Focus, Fire + Elemental, HP + MP up, Speed up, and Bahamut
weapon had ATK +40, Opening ATB Bonus, ATB Charge up

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BaIIercopter said:

Which build is this with I can probably help

I'm using a variation of the Tifa build but with Yuffie instead of Barret to help with the elemental weakness of Gilgamesh, almost beat him first try but it's hard to pressure him at times. 

BTW is there a way to reliably pressure Sephiroth?

I haven't found any comment about it online 

FUCK I DIED RIGHT BEFORE I KILLED SEPHIROTH 

Edit: HAPPENED AGAIN, HE HAD 10% HP 😭 How do I pressure him in the second phase? 

Edit 2: It's been 1h since I've reached Sephiroth again, I really don't know why I'm getting worse

Edited by diogoarez

After spending a whole day on this I finally did it with Yuffie, Barrett & Aerith . It got to the point where it was easy reaching round 5 but once I got there the shadow chain attack would screw over my run. You want to get to round 5 with as much MP as you can and aggressively cast Firaga on Virtual Sephiroth that it stalls his commands that he WONT cast the Shadow chain attack once he got down to half HP for phase 2 he was pretty easy.

Took me ages, but I finally got it. I didn't realize that when Sephiroth switches into his second form he gets healed by fire and I gave him a ton of HP back, lol. I ended up barely winning by running to the Arcane Ward with Aerith when Yuffie was dead and Barret was skewered to fire off my last ability points into a double Fira, which was just enough!

I used the Brumal Yuffie build with Ballercopter's super tank Barret.

11 hours ago, simmias said:

Took me ages, but I finally got it. I didn't realize that when Sephiroth switches into his second form he gets healed by fire and I gave him a ton of HP back, lol. I ended up barely winning by running to the Arcane Ward with Aerith when Yuffie was dead and Barret was skewered to fire off my last ability points into a double Fira, which was just enough!

I used the Brumal Yuffie build with Ballercopter's super tank Barret.

Great news I am glad it helped!

10 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Finally reached Rulers in my Guide List. I've spent a tonne of time trying to create the most accessible build and I think this could be the easiest you can make it..

Great stuff, just got through Brutal 1-5 easily using MaliceNX's build, currently assessing builds for this one. Is there perhaps a room for Assess materia in there lol. I'm going for 100% game completion and I'd hate to do another run just to assess VR Sephiroth lmao

Edit: Ah your build has an extra slot for Barret nice, the other builds are so stacked with necessary materia so I might try this one!

Edited by PostGameBlues

3 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Great stuff, just got through Brutal 1-5 easily using MaliceNX's build, currently assessing builds for this one. Is there perhaps a room for Assess materia in there lol. I'm going for 100% game completion and I'd hate to do another run just to assess VR Sephiroth lmao

Yuffie has potentially 3 free slots!! I only use 4 armor slots, so if you put an armor on her with 7 slots (Barret and Aerith have the 8 slots), then you have 3 free slots to play with ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

I am just not having any luck with any of these builds, and I know I'm not legit terrible at this game cuz I've gotten this far and beaten all of the chapters on Hard Mode already, but literally cannot even get thru the Kujata Phoenix fight using some of these builds. Made it to Odin using the Divekick Build, that's the furthest I've gotten but I do not like playing that way. 

How are you guys getting Aerith to stay in place and make use of her wards? By the time I fill her ATB using the Brumal Form method for ex, I have to switch to her, Ward Shift, then cast spells and hope Yuffie hasn't deviated too much. They really ought to have actually properly implemented the Gambit system to this game instead of relegating it to a dumb ass minigame. The AI for your party members in this game is pretty fucking terrible and I wish I could get them to just stay still.

Also no real stun lock for Phoenix with Aerith/Barret/Yuffie so can't make use of Arcane Ward to blitz the motherfucker to death before he brings Kujata back to life. If I could just get thru this first fight with the Brumal Method, which apparently I'm too stupid to do, I know I could do the rest of this pretty solid.

I'm honestly super frustrated and at the point I'm ready to delete and move on, fuck Part 3. 

1 hour ago, GibiusMaximus said:

I am just not having any luck with any of these builds, and I know I'm not legit terrible at this game cuz I've gotten this far and beaten all of the chapters on Hard Mode already, but literally cannot even get thru the Kujata Phoenix fight using some of these builds. Made it to Odin using the Divekick Build, that's the furthest I've gotten but I do not like playing that way. 

How are you guys getting Aerith to stay in place and make use of her wards? By the time I fill her ATB using the Brumal Form method for ex, I have to switch to her, Ward Shift, then cast spells and hope Yuffie hasn't deviated too much. They really ought to have actually properly implemented the Gambit system to this game instead of relegating it to a dumb ass minigame. The AI for your party members in this game is pretty fucking terrible and I wish I could get them to just stay still.

Also no real stun lock for Phoenix with Aerith/Barret/Yuffie so can't make use of Arcane Ward to blitz the motherfucker to death before he brings Kujata back to life. If I could just get thru this first fight with the Brumal Method, which apparently I'm too stupid to do, I know I could do the rest of this pretty solid.

I'm honestly super frustrated and at the point I'm ready to delete and move on, fuck Part 3. 

I dont think you spotted my commentated guide a few posts prior as I have the Aerith AI transporting her to the Ward automatically itself, we NEVER have to switch character (except the very first 2 seconds anyway) ;) !!!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I dont think you spotted my commentated guide a few posts prior as I have the Aerith AI transporting her to the Ward automatically itself, we NEVER have to switch character (except the very first 2 seconds anyway) ;) !!!!

I'll take a look, turns out I was not in fact casting Blizzaga as I thought I was and was casting Firaga on Phoenix, so of course it was never taking any damage. I'm more or less over this entirely at this point I said in another thread that the 'fun' in this game went out the window already, probably about 40 hours ago now by the time I got through the other Brutal Challenges, Minigames and Sidequests...

5 minutes ago, GibiusMaximus said:

I'll take a look, turns out I was not in fact casting Blizzaga as I thought I was and was casting Firaga on Phoenix, so of course it was never taking any damage. I'm more or less over this entirely at this point I said in another thread that the 'fun' in this game went out the window already, probably about 40 hours ago now by the time I got through the other Brutal Challenges, Minigames and Sidequests...

I feel ya mate, they have gone way more over the top with this one. You have a massive grind 100% the game, then super hard fights afterwards. It should have been one or the other, or just tone down the fights at least.

Well Ive specifically strategised that guide around an accessibility perspective, so hopefully it will be the final push you need to get through ;)

16 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I feel ya mate, they have gone way more over the top with this one. You have a massive grind 100% the game, then super hard fights afterwards. It should have been one or the other, or just tone down the fights at least.

Well Ive specifically strategised that guide around an accessibility perspective, so hopefully it will be the final push you need to get through ;)

Am I the only one who enjoys the combat? Like this grind is no worse than any Dark Souls bosses and certainly nothing compared to Elden Ring's huge map with I think like 200 bosses. I did all that game with a smile on my face.

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Finally reached Rulers in my Guide List. I've spent a tonne of time trying to create the most accessible build and I think this could be the easiest you can make it.

Full commentary is provided with everything carefully explained. It's a very quick nuke build, but also comes with a massive range of support options (even has Magnified Cleansing to prevent Frogging!) Also, in an attempt to make it as accessible as possible, we do NO blocking/parrying or even SWITCHING characters!!!

Yes i'm a firm believer in the more actions there is, the more complicated/advanced it becomes, which I why I tried to remove the switching characters aspect.

Everything is outlined inside, I hope it helps ;)

Did this method and it worked flawlessly. You’re a saint, dude. Have followed your guides on more than one occasion. Playing Dragon’s Dogma II and knocking out the Brutal/Legendary challenges as you post them. 😂 keep up the good work.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

Am I the only one who enjoys the combat? Like this grind is no worse than any Dark Souls bosses and certainly nothing compared to Elden Ring's huge map with I think like 200 bosses. I did all that game with a smile on my face.

I've played plenty of difficult games that were challenging and fun but felt rewarding. Rebirth does not really feel rewarding by the end where you're doing just the Combat Simulator in my opinion, it's excessively difficult for the rewards that you actually do get, and I understand that to an extent that comes down to what point you choose to complete them, I tried to do a bit of both the Hard chapters & the Simulator but found myself getting too frustrated at the Simulator specifically. I know I'm not alone in this, if the people having trouble in the thread aren't enough to convince you, it takes just a few minutes of quick glancing the comment sections on literally any video providing a strategy for the Brutal Challenges to show just how exasperating Rebirth's combat actually is for most players - we represent just a small% of the overall playerbase and a large% of people aren't even getting through the game. I don't think many are specifically on the hunt for something that makes the game a complete cakewalk, but the Combat Simulator in particular is punishing in a way that detracts from the reward of completion for many.

All that to say, it's cool that you enjoy it and I totally respect that... wish it were me, lmao. But it's also not really fair to compare it to other Action RPGs when there are too many dissimilarities.

There are a few aspects of the combat in Rebirth explicitly that frustrate me when you A/B with Remake. For one; the removal of Deadly Dodge kills the utility of dodging, especially for slower Characters like Aerith in favour of essentially forcing the player to perfect the art of Perfect Guard which I've already admitted I'm completely fucking dogshit at unless I'm mashing the button and hoping for the best. In addition to this, while the Synergy Abilities are cool as shit and add a bunch of interesting animation scenes, temporary unlimited MP, Stagger extensions and Limit Level increases, the Synergy Skills by contrast get in the way of literally everything else in the menu - including the ability to execute commands while holding a Block stance as your primary character which for whatever reason was completely removed from the game even when there are no Synergy Skills to execute.

Edited by GibiusMaximus

32 minutes ago, GibiusMaximus said:

I've played plenty of difficult games that were challenging and fun but felt rewarding. Rebirth does not really feel rewarding by the end where you're doing just the Combat Simulator in my opinion, it's excessively difficult for the rewards that you actually do get, and I understand that to an extent that comes down to what point you choose to complete them, I tried to do a bit of both the Hard chapters & the Simulator but found myself getting too frustrated at the Simulator specifically. I know I'm not alone in this, if the people having trouble in the thread aren't enough to convince you, it takes just a few minutes of quick glancing the comment sections on literally any video providing a strategy for the Brutal Challenges to show just how exasperating Rebirth's combat actually is for most players - we represent just a small% of the overall playerbase and a large% of people aren't even getting through the game. I don't think many are specifically on the hunt for something that makes the game a complete cakewalk, but the Combat Simulator in particular is punishing in a way that detracts from the reward of completion for many.

All that to say, it's cool that you enjoy it and I totally respect that... wish it were me, lmao. But it's also not really fair to compare it to other Action RPGs when there are too many dissimilarities.

There are a few aspects of the combat in Rebirth explicitly that frustrate me when you A/B with Remake. For one; the removal of Deadly Dodge kills the utility of dodging, especially for slower Characters like Aerith in favour of essentially forcing the player to perfect the art of Perfect Guard which I've already admitted I'm completely fucking dogshit at unless I'm mashing the button and hoping for the best. In addition to this, while the Synergy Abilities are cool as shit and add a bunch of interesting animation scenes, temporary unlimited MP, Stagger extensions and Limit Level increases, the Synergy Skills by contrast get in the way of literally everything else in the menu - including the ability to execute commands while holding a Block stance as your primary character which for whatever reason was completely removed from the game even when there are no Synergy Skills to execute.

Okay, yes the VR missions are only there for the love of combat and nothing else, but that was the same for Remake. Also, Dark Souls gives you nothing but Souls that you could lose 2 seconds after even if it took you 6 hours to beat a boss. 

Japan has a love for hard-to-master games, I've rarely played a Japanese game that wasn't ultra-hard at a certain section. I guess the problem might be a lot of people didn't play the Yuffie DLC and saw how hard Weiss is and VR Sephiroth here makes him look like a child. 

As for the rebalance they did, I mean did you see the broken builds people made on remake? Aerith was a killing machine in remake and she's still very fucking powerful here, and they even gave her a ward that makes her move faster. Tifa is still a speed demon and now Red is here and he's as fast as her and a tank on top of it. 

Yes, this time around you need to learn the block but Precision defense gives you a very big window like a good 1.5 seconds before the attacks making block timing easier than the piano shit.

@Optinooby guide makes this challenge look like a joke. Personally, I did it with the limit siphon method but his method makes it look hilariously easy, you don't even need to learn the fights just spam with Yuffie and shoot Death Fire with Aerith, I laughed so hard when I saw it.

Edited by GB-Red-Eye

1 hour ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

I enjoy the combat, the platinum grind is just so tedious, mainly because everything is slow paced. This is worse than the Souls, Elden Ring, Witcher 3 etc in my eyes personally. You can speedrun Elden Ring Platinum in 10 hours, most Souls in similar time. Can even speedrun 100% Witcher 3 trophies in 20 hours, but this.................I feel like a platinum speedrun would be 50+ hours.

Im not going to do that or would even enjoy it with this just using it as an example for how slow the game is.

It's just my opinion is all, nothing more ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

Okay, yes the VR missions are only there for the love of combat and nothing else, but that was the same for Remake. Also, Dark Souls gives you nothing but Souls that you could lose 2 seconds after even if it took you 6 hours to beat a boss. 

Japan has a love for hard-to-master games, I've rarely played a Japanese game that wasn't ultra-hard at a certain section. I guess the problem might be a lot of people didn't play the Yuffie DLC and saw how hard Weiss is and VR Sephiroth here makes him look like a child. 

As for the rebalance they did, I mean did you see the broken builds people made on remake? Aerith was a killing machine in remake and she's still very fucking powerful here, and they even gave her a ward that makes her move faster. Tifa is still a speed demon and now Red is here and he's as fast as her and a tank on top of it. 

Yes, this time around you need to learn the block but Precision defense gives you a very big window like a good 1.5 seconds before the attacks making block timing easier than the piano shit.

@Optinooby guide makes this challenge look like a joke. Personally, I did it with the limit siphon method but his method makes it look hilariously easy, you don't even need to learn the fights just spam with Yuffie and shoot Death Fire with Aerith, I laughed so hard when I saw it.

A lot of people didn't play the Yuffie DLC cuz it was locked to the PS5 version of the game for a long time to be fair. Even now PS5 unit sales are not even at 50% of PS4 lifetime unit sales so that definitely limited a lot of people. I personally prefer console for gaming, cuz I like to chill in the living room when playing games (though admittedly, Rebirth has me very much not chill lmao). Steam sales puts Remake Intergrade at about 1M Sales so not terrible, not fantastic. 

I didn't really spend a lot of time looking for broken builds or anything with Remake cuz I managed to complete everything incl. the Pride & Joy Mission with moderate difficulty. But you've got me curious, I discovered that I bought it all under my GB PSN so when I played Rebirth which I bought on my wife's USA PSN I didn't get Ramuh or Leviathan materia, so I'll probably go back and re-play Remake because I definitely enjoyed its combat significantly more.

Precision Dodging definitely doesn't feel very forgiving that's for sure, if it is 1.5s it's a very short 1.5s. Either way, it's a skill issue for sure, I absolutely suck at it and no amount of practice is helping me get any better at it. I'm a Kinesthetic learner, I'd need to be able to physically play the game at a slower speed to really see the timing for myself - watching videos does nothing for me tbh.

I've not taken the chance to watch Opti's guide yet because obligations, plus I needed to step away from the game before my anger at it makes me break something.