A thread for the Legendary VR Missions

3 hours ago, poisonblood said:

I DID IT LETSSSS GOOOOOO

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING

ODIN CAN KISS MY....

All I need to do now for the plat is Hard mode

Powerpyx says 20 hours. That the average time to do it??

Edit*

I ended up swapping out enemy skill with reviving materia. Saved me against Odin something fierce 

I would say it took me about 15 hours, while skipping most cutscenes, and dying some times in the thougher fights.

Also Phoenix can be a lifesaver, since it has Reraised, i tanked a Zantetsuken with it.

Edited by andrehunter

Finally also got the platinum with the aeroga method.
I did the Cloud+Seph one first to have weapon level 9 and matk 499, not sure how much it helped. (and died many times to Odin until I learned him)

And then the 3'rd time I reached Odin with Cloud+Zack I've done it.

I just got the Platinum also. Thanks to Optinooby for their method for Rulers of the Outer Worlds and also widya vello on YouTube for their build for Bonds of Friendship. Game was great but I am kind of relieved that I can finally play something else. I've been no-lifing Rebirth for nearly a month.

It seems like widya vello's is the go to build for Bonds of Friendship, but what's the best build/video for the Sephiroth fight now since I'm seeing mixed results on using the Bonds build for his fights?  Wanting to do that one first to get weapon level upgrade for Cloud.

Edit: it seems like just swapping out a few materia (adding back in elemental-fire+ice on armor) is a solid way to modify the Aero build for Sephiroth and seems like it will be easier to just learn 1 new build instead of 2.  What do others think?

Edited by Jitters84

4 hours ago, SublimeHawk said:

I never thought I would say this but Sephiroth seems to be nearly as bad as Zack. At least when you hold R1 with Zack he actually blocks. Sephiroth just stands there and takes full damage even with R1. Also Zack at least has Faith and Haste.
😄

Ok so I wasn’t tripping after all lmfao. That said, Zack takes the same amount of damage even when he’s blocking and at least Sephiroth will successfully dodge things instead of tanking hella damage. I love Zack but damn was he squishy! 

In the end I finally started getting a lot more Perfect Guards, especially against Odin but for whatever reason there just was never any way I could get one with Sephiroth so that’s reassuring. 

Did you use Aero method for both? 

1 hour ago, SublimeHawk said:

I just got the Platinum also. Thanks to Optinooby for their method for Rulers of the Outer Worlds and also widya vello on YouTube for their build for Bonds of Friendship. Game was great but I am kind of relieved that I can finally play something else. I've been no-lifing Rebirth for nearly a month.

2 hours ago, Jitters84 said:

Did you use Aero method for both? 

I just beat both and I used Aero for both duo fights. For Sephiroth's team fight I replaced ATB Boost and Enemy Skill for Revival and Empowerment materia.

For Rulers of the Outer Worlds, use Optinooby's great guide.

Edited by Thedah

Guys, can any of you post me the best builds that you thought were best for the Brutale 6 challenge and all the legendary challenges? if you kindly post Weapons, accessories and materials, I've been stuck for too long

4 minutes ago, darktore said:

Guys, can any of you post me the best builds that you thought were best for the Brutale 6 challenge and all the legendary challenges? if you kindly post Weapons, accessories and materials, I've been stuck for too long

The best place to start for the Brutals is the Quaga build.

Optinoob on YouTube has the breakdown fight-by-fight as you have to change strats a little and know what enemies cast Reflect on themselves.

But the basic idea of the build is Cait, Cloud, Aerith.

On CLOUD have Rune Blade (with any ATB increase abilities) and Fury Ring. Magnify > Petrify & Magic Efficiency > Petrify & Petrify > MP Absorb & First Strike & ATB Boost

On CAIT have Iron Megaphone (with any debuff increase abilities) and Malboro Orb. Magnify > Time & Swiftcast > Time & Magic Focus > Time & First Strike

On AERITH have most endgame weapons and Chocoking's Cape (now your whole party starts with ATB). Synergy > Comet & Subversion.

Start every fight casting Stop. Then Arcane Ward on Cloud. Then use ATB Boost with Cloud to set off a Quaga. Whilst Cloud is doublecasting, build ATB back with Cait so you're ready to stop again. Otherwise you're mostly just Quake spamming for the first 4 rounds.

As I say, watch Optinoob for a complete breakdown but basically this is what you're trying to achieve.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SublimeHawk said:

I never thought I would say this but Sephiroth seems to be nearly as bad as Zack. At least when you hold R1 with Zack he actually blocks. Sephiroth just stands there and takes full damage even with R1. Also Zack at least has Faith and Haste.
😄

I can't hear this, Sephiroth Is so strong it's basically broken. There are already a couple of videos of people beating To Be a Hero using only Sephi, abusing the dodge -> triangle move that builds crazy amount of Limit gauge.

The R1 mechanic with Sephi is that you have to press square when you get hit, so that you counter with the same amount of damage you would've received 

1 minute ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

For the cait sith trial are you supposed to perfect block or dodge the move “eldrich horror” against the Mindflayer? Every video I watch he rarely uses it but for me he uses it within the first 2 minutes of the fight to insta kill cait. 

You need Moogle out to distract the enemy if you don't have the means to tank that attack.

24 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

You need Moogle out to distract the enemy if you don't have the means to tank that attack.

I’ve tried even with the megaphone that has double sentinel and decoy but the mindflayer always seems to want to go for cait. I guess it’s just a case bad luck but I’ll keep at it. 

2 hours ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

I’ve tried even with the megaphone that has double sentinel and decoy but the mindflayer always seems to want to go for cait. I guess it’s just a case bad luck but I’ll keep at it. 

Ive just uploaded a commentated video guide on it, I think there is a decoy in the Folio as well. I used all the Sentinels and Decoys in that vid and he hardly ever goes for me. I always stay the opposite side of the arena, so if the enemy does aggro to me, most the time while on their way over, they aggro back to Moogle!

Edited by Optinooby

It's done, someone completed Bonds of Friendship Zack Solo. This is a masterful example on how to use Zack and how to basically parry EVERY attack.

If you struggle with Bonds of Friendship I suggest having a look so you can see the techs used. It's pretty good

16 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Ive just uploaded a commentated video guide on it, I think there is a decoy in the Folio as well. I used all the Sentinels and Decoys in that vid and he hardly ever goes for me. I always stay the opposite side of the arena, so if the enemy does aggro to me, most the time while on their way over, they aggro back to Moogle!

Hey. So after a little break from the game I’m going through these VR missions with the help of your video’s.

I got one question though. Whenever I use L2 or R2 commands, let’s say when I’m controlling Tifa, press L2 to do an ability with Cloud, it never works. He doesn’t do anything. Nobody ever does anything. I have to control everyone manually. Any idea why this happens?

Thanks. Great video’s!

Edited by Baker

1 hour ago, Baker said:

Hey. So after a little break from the game I’m going through these VR missions with the help of your video’s.

I got one question though. Whenever I use L2 or R2 commands, let’s say when I’m controlling Tifa, press L2 to do an ability with Cloud, it never works. He doesn’t do anything. Nobody ever does anything. I have to control everyone manually. Any idea why this happens?

Thanks. Great video’s!

L2/R2 is suppose to open tactical mode (battle menus), maybe its something in your option settings

23 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

L2/R2 is suppose to open tactical mode (battle menus), maybe its something in your option settings

It does open tactical mode. But when I use an ability from any character that I’m not controlling it won’t do anything.

I also often don’t start with an ATB when I have First Strike or Chocoking’s Cape equipped. I sometimes need to wait for 2 seconds, which could be troublesome in some harder fights.

I will try and reinstall the game. See if that fixes anything.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baker said:

It does open tactical mode. But when I use an ability from any character that I’m not controlling it won’t do anything.

I also often don’t start with an ATB when I have First Strike or Chocoking’s Cape equipped. I sometimes need to wait for 2 seconds, which could be troublesome in some harder fights.

I will try and reinstall the game. See if that fixes anything.

Sometimes if they are in the middle of doing an action or take damage it wont perform the action, its doesn't override the commands like it would typically do when you're controlling the person. Best course of action would be to quickly switch to the person initiate the command then go back to who you were before so agro doesnt get taken off of you  

21 minutes ago, Surgical_Assault said:

Sometimes if they are in the middle of doing an action or take damage it wont perform the action, its doesn't override the commands like it would typically do when you're controlling the person. Best course of action would be to quickly switch to the person initiate the command then go back to who you were before so agro doesnt get taken off of you  

Yeah I understand that but really, it just never works. Maybe it’s in my game settings but I haven’t touched anything in there so I doubt that’s it.

Not a big problem though. I’m more worried about not starting with ATB.

11 minutes ago, Baker said:

Yeah I understand that but really, it just never works. Maybe it’s in my game settings but I haven’t touched anything in there so I doubt that’s it.

Not a big problem though. I’m more worried about not starting with ATB.

Yeah ive noticed that sometimes also, if youve got an extra materia slot free you could always chuck on ATB boost and pop that at the start so youre almost at 2 full bars, thats probably the only work around I would know of.