A thread for the Legendary VR Missions

I’m trying to get sephiroth done before zack and cloud. But I keep getting Petrified by the dragon.

the first 2 times got by him with no problem now I can’t even get past it no more? Any strategy to help me get past him more efficiently?

23 minutes ago, Ampki said:

Just did the last brutal with @Optinooby guide big thanks mate. If anyone is struggling they work perfectly I did it in under 6mins. On to legendary now…..

I should get final Legendary Bouts up 2day. Got Zacks done in 10:37 and Sephi done in 12:13. The enemies are even more buffed in Legendary, it's like Brutal+

• Like 2

Is there anyway to test the bosses on hard mode one by one?  If you test them on hard mode in the combat sim on hard they are only "normal" difficulty.  I've gotten to Odin twice after tons of attempts and normal Odin just doesn't seem to prep me for the hard mode one.

34 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I should get final Legendary Bouts up 2day. Got Zacks done in 10:37 and Sephi done in 12:13. The enemies are even more buffed in Legendary, it's like Brutal+

Post soon!  Been stuck for 2 days on these.  I assume your builds will be similar to the other caster builds going around but with some more descriptions.

26 minutes ago, Jitters84 said:

Is there anyway to test the bosses on hard mode one by one?  If you test them on hard mode in the combat sim on hard they are only "normal" difficulty.  I've gotten to Odin twice after tons of attempts and normal Odin just doesn't seem to prep me for the hard mode one.

There isnt unfortunately, all you can do is learn there mechanics more or less and moves.

14 minutes ago, Jitters84 said:

Post soon!  Been stuck for 2 days on these.  I assume your builds will be similar to the other caster builds going around but with some more descriptions.

Very similar with some tweaks, having a build based around Wind is the best for general damage throughout all rounds, so most optimal guides will be using that element. We get rid of Titan instantly by stopping him as soon as the fight starts, the first 4 rounds are over within 15 secs, though after that, you will need a little knowledge of the enemies, though I will do my best to explain.

10 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

There isnt unfortunately, all you can do is learn there mechanics more or less and moves.

Very similar with some tweaks, having a build based around Wind is the best for general damage throughout all rounds, so most optimal guides will be using that element. We get rid of Titan instantly by stopping him as soon as the fight starts, the first 4 rounds are over within 15 secs, though after that, you will need a little knowledge of the enemies, though I will do my best to explain.

@Optinooby Ya-  With wind (with Zach) I typically can get from 1-6 75% of the time, but am probably only 50% against rounds 7 (Alexander) and rounds 9 (Bahamut) and Odin's rocked me the couple times I've gotten there. Looking forward to the post!  Any tips will help.

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

I've been anxiously awaiting for you to post these. All other challenges have been mostly a breeze with your guidance. A true hero. Keep up the good work. I know it's appreciated not only for this game but for all your videos.

What is considered harder? Ruler of the Outer Worlds or the last 2 legendaries? (Haven't done the last legendary yet). 

Also, what is considered the safest / easiest build for Ruler? I ended up beating it with a modified version of the build that uses Yuffie (Brumal + ATB Ward) and Aerith (aga spells with wards + Genji Gloves), but I found it too much luck-based, especially the last fight (if Sephiroth targets a non-leader, you need to understand who he's targeting to parry Shadow Chains). 

Haven't tried Tifa's Divekick build, but I am curious to test it. 

Edited by nudoetcrudo

It'll vary by person, but anecdotally most of the discourse I've seen places Ruler of the Outer Worlds as the hardest and I would definitely agree with that sentiment. I do think part of that is people doing Rulers first though, the Legendary challenges share a lot of the same bosses and you'll have a pretty good idea of their patterns and strategies by the time you're finishing them up.

Optinooby's guide is certainly makes it look the easiest, but I didn't find it until after I'd beaten the challenge (my build here). And you couldn't pay me to go through that again, haha!

• Like 1

Yeah I second that they’re most likely going to vary by person. I had no issues with Rulers thanks to Optinooby’s guide. I spent the most time on those last two Legendary missions. I found those to be the most challenging, it ultimately comes down to practice and getting the hang of what you need to do to make it smooth and not panic. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies! I just checked Optinoob's guide and I ended up basically with the same build and strat for Ruler lol
Sephiroth is still not 100% safe, but it seems to be the best strategy atm.  

Now I am excited about the last 2 bouts :P

Edited by nudoetcrudo

9 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

What is considered harder? Ruler of the Outer Worlds or the last 2 legendaries? (Haven't done the last legendary yet). 

Also, what is considered the safest / easiest build for Ruler? I ended up beating it with a modified version of the build that uses Yuffie (Brumal + ATB Ward) and Aerith (aga spells with wards + Genji Gloves), but I found it too much luck-based, especially the last fight (if Sephiroth targets a non-leader, you need to understand who he's targeting to parry Shadow Chains). 

Haven't tried Tifa's Divekick build, but I am curious to test it. 

Definitely the last 2 legendaries. Rulers of the Outer Worlds was a breeze using Brumal Spam. I'm still stuck on the last 2 legendaries for the past few days; even with optinoob's guides.

2 hours ago, UltraJaxel said:

Definitely the last 2 legendaries. Rulers of the Outer Worlds was a breeze using Brumal Spam. I'm still stuck on the last 2 legendaries for the past few days; even with optinoob's guides.

I feel ya. I spent about 6 hours yesterday on the friendship one and decided to take a break for the rest of the day. Gonna give it a shot again today.

14 hours ago, Optinooby said:

All done, To Be a Hero is on the channel as well

Made it as easy as I could

Thanks man. I followed your channel so I got notified right away lol. Still struggling with it but I know its not something you can really do much with like the other ones. 

• Like 1

I just got them done after 2 straight weeks of attempting them.

gotta Thank @Optinoobyfor the guides, I was having trouble doing all the other methods. I don’t think I’d have gotten the platinum if not for @Optinooby

if you’re having trouble watch his guide fight by fight. Pause as the round begins and watch the video to re familiarize the strategy for that round!

• Like 3

Jesus.  What a grind.  Thanks to @Optinooby, Solestro and Widya Vello's videos for getting me through brutal/legendary.  I've plat'd every From Soft game and this game was a bigger combination of grind and challenge than any of those (albeit the combat isn't as satisfying/fair as a From boss and each individual boss is fairly easy by itself as I'm confident I could kill any boss in the game 80% of the time on hard now whereas a Souls game, I'm happy with a 20% chance on many :P).  Only Hollow Knight's boss rush mode made me sink that many hours into a single bosses/boss runs before.

I kinda liked the challenge of the boss rush mode, but do hope that's either toned down or they tone down the quantity mini-games/open world in Part 3.  If I knew I had 20 hours of boss rushes after dozens of hours of mastering some fun mini games (Queen's blood and chocobo races) and some horrible mini games (sit-ups, 3D brawler...) I don't know if I would have done it.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, vividamage123 said:

My God I was at it for a day and decided to switch to optinoobys method and beat rulers. Moving on to legendary. Are they more difficult or is the hard part over? Lmfao 

Yup. I'm stuck on bonds of friendship. Trying all evening, even made it to the last boss. Few more tries got killed to other enemies... eldrige horror and odin can go back to hell. I'm really beginning to dispise this platinum and the game. 

Hi guys, just wanted to know what are the hardest challenges in the game when it comes to VR missions:

1 - Bonds of Friendship

2 - Rulers of the outer worlds

3 - To be a Hero

Is it safe to assume that this is the order based on difficulty?

So far I've only managed to do Rulers of, which was super draining, that Sephiroth is proper unfair.

Currently trying To be a Hero but Odin is killing me every time I reach him.

I've made a few guides for these. I've tried to keep the buildd very simple yet effective at clearing the fights. One thing I've noticed is elemental spells being very overpowered here.

Barret vs the Colossi

this one is kinda funny, running barret as fire mage and it's close to impossible to die. I actually don't move, block or dodge even once during it.

Aerith vs The Magi

Fire/Ice based build, with 1:21 clear time not much can go wrong

Cloud vs The Warriors

yet another magic build, lightning based this time

Bonds of Friendship

Cloud is a wind/lightning mage with prime mode, zack is largely ignored just used as faith/haste/stop buffer

Will do more if it helps anyone!

• Like 1