PS5 Pro leaked specs (corroborated and confirmed by Tom Henderson)

Eraezr

3 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

Love these threads where everyone suddenly has expert knowledge. Hardly anything actually exclusive worth playing as of yet and now we are getting a new console so that "experts" can talk FPS 🤣

I don't see anything like that in this thread, though. Personally, when the urge to unleash my inner pretentiousness strikes, I start counting to ten, and then I realize I actually don't want to post that nonsense after all. Try it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

Console can have all the power in the world. Doesn't mean a thing if there's nothing worth playing. Still able to count the list of games that look entertaining on just one hand.

Consider yourself lucky, then. I am interested in around 10-12 games per year and the time investment needed to play them feels too much.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I've seen reports that the processor is the same. Isn't that the main bottleneck that's stopping higher FPS?

If it's the same. Wouldn't a 30fps game still be 30fps on pro?

The games restricted to 30 frames are literally a handful, so no, the CPU is not the bottleneck that the vast majority of games face. The CPU is 10% stronger, but the main gains are going to be from the other upgrades reducing the stress.

14 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Consider yourself lucky, then. I am interested in around 10-12 games per year and the time investment needed to play them feels too much.

Likewise. Find such talk of there not being anything worth playing all very odd.

• Like 2

it's so weird to see people say there are no games to play on PS5

Dead Space Remake

Hogwarts Legacy

Yakuza Ishin Remaster

Atomic Heart

Wo Long Fallen Dynasty

Resident Evil 4 Reimagine

Dead Island 2

Street Fighter 6

Final Fantasy 16

Atlas Fallen

Lies of P

Mortal Kombat 1

Assassin's Creed Mirage

Lords of the Fallen

Spider-Man 2

Alan Wake 2

RoboCop Rogue City

Naruto Connections

Persona 5 Tactica

these are some games that I would be interested in just from last year, 19 games, 15 if you don't want to count the rereleases, maybe you played the originals, still more than one big game per month, and I don't have time for all of these, I don't see how somebody could honestly tell me that just in 2023 alone PS5 had no games, just say you're not into gaming anymore

and 2024 started strong already:

Tekken 8

Helldivers 2

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons Remake

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Valiant Hearts Coming Home

Rise of the Ronin

Dragon's Dogma 2

and keep in mind that these games are only the games I would consider worth playing, there's also several big releases that are not on the list because I wouldn't play them, but other people will, there's a lot of games out there, plenty to play on PS5

Edited by EDGES
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, EDGES said:

Dead Space Remake

Hogwarts Legacy

Yakuza Ishin Remaster

Atomic Heart

Wo Long Fallen Dynasty

Dead Island 2

Street Fighter 6

Final Fantasy 16

Atlas Fallen

Lies of P

Mortal Kombat 1

Assassin's Creed Mirage

Lords of the Fallen

Spider-Man 2

Alan Wake 2

RoboCop Rogue City

Naruto Connections

Persona 5 Tactica

these are some games that I would be interested in just from last year, 19 games, 15 if you don't want to count the rereleases, maybe you played the originals, still more than one big game per month, and I don't have time for all of these, I don't see how somebody could honestly tell me that just in 2023 alone PS5 had no games, just say you're not into gaming anymore

Tekken 8

Helldivers 2

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Rise of the Ronin

Dragon's Dogma 2

and keep in mind that these games are only the games I would consider worth playing, there's also several big releases that are not on the list because I wouldn't play them, but other people will, there's a lot of games out there, plenty to play on PS5

I think some of them refer that many Ps5 games are perfectly playable on a PS4/slim/pro, so there’s little to gain with buying a Ps5 apart from some performance upgrades that aren’t a groundbreaking deal.

It hasn’t been until now that we are finally getting a few next gen games like Dead Space Remake and Final Fantasy Rebirth, but the gigantic amount of cross play games did its part in dooming Ps5.

This is more reason why I personally think getting a pro is a waste of money. The base Ps5 is already a powerhouse, and I doubt it has been fully exploited.

Better to wait for Ps6, which might come with backwards compatibility all the way to 4 anyway. Heck, there might still be new Ps4 releases going on at that time.

Edited by Crono
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, EDGES said:

Dead Space Remake

Hogwarts Legacy

Yakuza Ishin Remaster

Atomic Heart

Wo Long Fallen Dynasty

Dead Island 2

Street Fighter 6

Final Fantasy 16

Atlas Fallen

Lies of P

Mortal Kombat 1

Assassin's Creed Mirage

Lords of the Fallen

Spider-Man 2

Alan Wake 2

RoboCop Rogue City

Naruto Connections

Persona 5 Tactica

Tekken 8

Helldivers 2

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Rise of the Ronin

Dragon's Dogma 2

When people say this they are talking about exclusives. Of all those games only 3 are exclusive to PS5. 

21 minutes ago, Crono said:

I think some of them refer that many Ps5 games are perfectly playable on a PS4/slim/pro, so there’s little to gain with buying a Ps5 apart from some performance upgrades that aren’t a groundbreaking deal.

It hasn’t been until now that we are finally getting a few next gen games like Dead Space Remake and Final Fantasy Rebirth, but the gigantic amount of cross play games did its part in dooming Ps5.

This is more reason why I personally think getting a pro is a waste of money. The base Ps5 is already a powerhouse, and I doubt it has been fully exploited.

Better to wait for Ps6, which might come with backwards compatibility all the way to 4 anyway. Heck, there might still be new Ps4 releases going on at that time.

18 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

When people say this they are talking about exclusives. Of all those games only 3 are exclusive to PS5. 

that's not the majority, most people that I see say PS5 has no games, they mean games period, for example:

16 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

Console can have all the power in the world. Doesn't mean a thing if there's nothing worth playing. Still able to count the list of games that look entertaining on just one hand.

I don't see where in this post the word exclusive or nextgen native is used, the person specifically says that there are no games period on PS5 that interest them

and I didn't include the quote in the original post because I'm not talking only about that instance, I was listening to some podcasts recently and I hear a lot of people say the same thing, and it just doesn't make sense to me, you're either not that into gaming anymore or not paying attention to game releases if they don't have huge hundreds of millions $ marketing that puts it into your face

I'm thinking about it logically, if you're not interested in a few games, it makes sense, if you're not interested in most games in one year, it also makes sense, but to say that you are not interested in most games most years of the console gen? then at what point are you willing to realize that the problem is not that there aren't games there, but you're just not into gaming anymore?

Edited by EDGES
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EDGES said:

that's not the majority, most people that I see say PS5 has no games, they mean games period, for example:

The majority mean exclusives, hardly anyone is talking about non exclusives. Everyone I speak to who hasn't got a PS5 says there's no point because they can play the games they want to on PS4 or another platform they have. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

The majority mean exclusives, hardly anyone is talking about non exclusives. Everyone I speak to who hasn't got a PS5 says there's no point because they can play the games they want to on PS4 or another platform they have. 

at what point would those people consider that there are enough PS5 only games to make the switch?

3? is that too few, ok, 6? is that too few? good, 9? hmm maybe a little more, 12? will they make the switch when there are 12 PS5 only games that they want? so until then, they will just ignore the 11 before that?

do you see how ridiculous that sounds? the answer is that there is no answer, because it's a false premise, it's not where the games are that is holding them back, is something else, financials, it's much more ego safe to say that you're not getting a PS5 because you can play Miles Morales on PS4, (even though Miles Morales sold more on PS5 than PS4 when there are vastly more PS4s than PS5s hmmm), instead of saying you're not getting a PS5 because of the financial situation and you're stuck on PS4 now and will enjoy whatever you can on that

everybody knows there will be a shift when most games coming out will be only PS5, not PS4, which we are already past that, why would you wait years for that and ignore the games that are PS5 only till then, instead of jumping ahead of time, enjoy better versions of the games, play the early PS5 only games and then be ready for when most to all games are only PS5/not PS4?

Edited by EDGES
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Crono said:

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Ironically, the same people who say this generation sucks are the ones holding every generation back. It's common knowledge that software sales are what make the money, not hardware sales. If everybody would just switch to the new console when it is released, the transition period would be much shorter, and there would be many more PS5-only games. For me, it's pretty simple. When the new console comes out, I just ask myself - Do I still want to game on PlayStation? If yes, I just get the current one and be done with it.

I'm pretty sure that if we were to go back in time to the PS3 to PS4 transition period, the same people would complain about how the PS4 generation sucks and there is no reason to upgrade. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone directly, but even though I'm 35 years old now, it still feels like gaming forums are filled with old farts complaining about everything all the time. They say everything sucks and that games were much better in the past. Maybe they shouldn't game all the time—find some balance. Perhaps then the hobby would become exciting again because current games aren't bad at all. Or they could just drop the hobby altogether if it sucks so much.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

@GUDGER666 Care to elaborate on what's so "confusing" about the previous post or what's so hilarious about mine. Or are we just resorting to Facebook-style banter where emojis do the talking when we're fresh out of actual points to make? If the later, engaging in forums seems like a massive waste of time.

Edited by BloodyRutz

21 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I've seen reports that the processor is the same. Isn't that the main bottleneck that's stopping higher FPS?

If it's the same. Wouldn't a 30fps game still be 30fps on pro?

New CPU is a similar wafer but has a higher clock speed. Getting higher FPS will be dependent if the ceiling is CPU-bound. Some games are that, others are GPU bound.

4 hours ago, EDGES said:

Dead Space Remake

Hogwarts Legacy

Yakuza Ishin Remaster

Atomic Heart

Wo Long Fallen Dynasty

Dead Island 2

Street Fighter 6

Final Fantasy 16

Atlas Fallen

Lies of P

Mortal Kombat 1

Assassin's Creed Mirage

Lords of the Fallen

Spider-Man 2

Alan Wake 2

RoboCop Rogue City

Naruto Connections

Persona 5 Tactica

Tekken 8

Helldivers 2

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Rise of the Ronin

Dragon's Dogma 2

I'd argue it comes due to some having more focused interests in games, there are 'games' out there but a large majority is of questionable quality, certainly doesn't fully utilize the PS5, and more often than not sequels are weaker than their predecessors or outright in such a poor state it's a waste of money. And remakes, so many remakes/remasters and yearly release copy-pastes.

Example some easy categories that eliminate a significant portion of games above if one is simply (genuine example) not interested in:

• Fighting games
  • "Japanese/Anime/JRPG/Capcom" style games
  • Soulsy/Soulslike games

AC and Ubisoft as a whole are shoveling mid-tier mediocrity as usual, Atomic Heart while interesting had it's fair share of issues, bugs, and lack of polish + a questionable story quality, Hogwarts was also quick to become shallow and repetitive, SM2 really didn't do much SM1 hasn't already established. Solid indie/AA titles (Dredge, Pacific Drive, Terminator...) can only carry so far.

Meanwhile some worthwhile mentions that are still waaay off or missing on the horizon: Control sequel, Mafia 4, new Mass Effect, Outer worlds sequel, Judas, Deus Ex, Little Devil inside... And just how little original/new "AAA" IP's make it to the market - in the last few years I can only count Deathloop, Returnal, Tsushima, Control as such.

I firmly believe Helldivers' popularity goes a bit beyond the merit and fun the game offers with the fact it doesn't really compete with anything at every major players such as BF/COD that hasn't had a kicker in years thanks to the Battle Royale fad.

Considering the things with actual release dates at this time I'm pondering on giving Sand Land a chance because there is nothing (on PS) from now until EOY I can look forward to.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

I'd argue it comes due to some having more focused interests in games, there are 'games' out there but a large majority is of questionable quality, certainly doesn't fully utilize the PS5, and more often than not sequels are weaker than their predecessors or outright in such a poor state it's a waste of money. And remakes, so many remakes/remasters and yearly release copy-pastes.

Example some easy categories that eliminate a significant portion of games above if one is simply (genuine example) not interested in:

• Fighting games
  • "Japanese/Anime/JRPG/Capcom" style games
  • Soulsy/Soulslike games

this is something I had to learn in the PS4 gen, before that time, I never used to play japanese games, turn based/souls, and I was focusing on the big name games, but I had to make a choice, don't play games and wait for the occasional mainstream AAA Arkham Knight level of quality game, or try new things and learn to appreciate what they do best, even if they are not the best overall, and have a constant supply of stuff to play

for example, The Surge, it's a great souls inspired game, does it have the best story? no, it's closer to having no story than having one at all, but is it fun to try new weapons and focus on strategies on which body part to attack enemies to find the weakness? absolutely, it adds a fresh element to the souls formula

or Nioh, this game is 50% inventory management, loot management, rerolling specs for gear, it has graphics from the PS3 era as it was a development hell PS3 era game that made it out on PS4, but I can't stop cutting through groups of enemies with that fast and fluid feeling combat, best souls type combat I have ever played, the guardian spirits designs, the lore, the historical personalities from Japan, you can always find something interesting in that game

I get it, most people only buy a console to get GTA, COD, the soccer game, download Fortnite and so on, and they move when they are forced to move, those are not the people I'm talking about, I'm talking about people that generally would be considered hardcore gamers, that's what's very strange to see for me, lately it feels like hardcore gamers are praying for the fall of the industry, something that I will never get behind

Edited by EDGES

46 minutes ago, EDGES said:

and have a constant supply of stuff to play

I don't think that's something we'll see in the near future. Now I also don't expect or find plausible to have a combination of TLOU/RDR/GTA/FF releases on a yearly basis but the rate of solid AA games or indies that aren't 'retro' pixel stuff has been steadily declining over the years.

Extremes left only - GTA 6 or Spelunky no inbetween

Maybe Hades/Terminator every few years.

On 3/22/2024 at 7:00 PM, BloodyRutz said:

I don't see anything like that in this thread, though. Personally, when the urge to unleash my inner pretentiousness strikes, I start counting to ten, and then I realize I actually don't want to post that nonsense after all. Try it.

Literally half of the thread is people talking about 'restrictions on FPS' or people harping on about CPUs and what not. Try reading it.

51 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Literally half of the thread is people talking about 'restrictions on FPS' or people harping on about CPUs and what not. Try reading it.

I was obviously responding to the assertion that people have suddenly started considering themselves experts, as you tried to imply.

Looking at the PS4 Pro for an idea on the reveal, I didn't realize that Sony announced the PS4 Pro two months before release. So, we could be looking at September for the official PS5 Pro reveal. Sony acknowledged the PS4 hardware refresh in early June, a few weeks after the factory leak. Did PS4 Prop have its design leak ahead of the official reveal? I remember descriptions of it bit idr if they we ever saw it.

Edited by PortaLuna

12 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

Looking at the PS4 Pro for an idea on the reveal, I didn't realize that Sony announced the PS4 Pro two months before release. So, we could be looking at September for the official PS5 Pro reveal. Sony acknowledged the PS4 hardware refresh in early June, a few weeks after the factory leak. Did PS4 Prop have its design leak ahead of the official reveal? I remember descriptions of it bit idr if they we ever saw it.

If I'm remembering right, the leaked specs for PS4 Pro happened in January | February of launch year. I remember discussing it in FFXV's (now offline) official forums with folks doom posting that console gaming is over if this is real. We only knew it as Project NEO until GiantBomb confirmed it to be a real leak.

17 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

If I'm remembering right, the leaked specs for PS4 Pro happened in January | February of launch year. I remember discussing it in FFXV's (now offline) official forums with folks doom posting that console gaming is over if this is real. We only knew it as Project NEO until GiantBomb confirmed it to be a real leak.

Reading this made me felt like 10 years younger. All the talk about PS Neo and Morpheus and how games will run at 4k 60fps in the future.

Edited by veinte-justo
Add info.

• 4 weeks later...

Current console already struggles in some ways, not to mention the standard resolution is 4k and dedicated hardware for AI upscaling is needed, however there really arent that many games which catter to my interest these days so for me it might not be worth it, still would be nice to have though.

So far the "exclusives" i enjoyed the most on ps5 were Returnal and Demons souls remake.