Lock your windows! Night Trap director promises that the infamous game “will come back”

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2014/05/19/lock-your-windows-night-trap-director-promises-that-the-infamous-game-will-come-back/

night-trap-infamous-bathroom-scene-auger

Big news for Night Trap fans – the game’s director James Riley has promised the game’s Facebook community that Night Trap will return on an unspecified platform. Fans have been pressuring Riley to rerelease the game, and Riley has replied “I appreciate your on-going interest, but please understand I do plan to re-release Night Trap and have been talking with a number of interested parties to do so. However, the specific platform(s) have not been confirmed (including online) and I will let you know once we have a definite plan and release schedule. Night Trap will come back, in better resolution and game play than before, we just want to be sure it’s the best strategy for all involved.”

The original Night Trap was a controversial video game developed by Digital Pictures for DOS and Macintosh computers, the 3DO and the Sega Mega-CD. It is also one of six Mega CD 32X games. It was notable for being one of the games that led to congressional hearings on violent video games, and the creation of the ESRB.

Never played it personally, but it seems like one of those "so bad it's good" games.  So...yay?

I remember wanting to play this game for a while since at the time it was really innovative. But I never did, and then I saw gameplay footage and was kind of glad I didn't. I would be up for a more modern version though.

"Never played it personally, but it seems like one of those "so bad it's good" games.  So...yay?"

No, not yay at all... boo, a big fat boo, forever BOOOOOOOO!!!  Game was awful and it needs to stay gone... forever.

Edited by skidmarkgn

OMG !! This was one of my fans on the sega CD!!! I still have my cheat sheet when and where the zombie vampires would appear! If you never played it you have to look at your camera and keep switching around to save the people in the house and use traps to do so … The cheat sheet shows each zombie in each camera at when they will appear :) I hope it still is the old format :) I would get 100% for sure LOL 

I could never understand this game as a child. Whenever I made progress it was purely by luck, but most of the time I'd fail without putting up any sort of fight. Even coming back to it years later, things were the same.

I never did get to see what was on disc two, but to be honest I didn't really like the game enough to care.

I used to get my parents to rent the Sega CD every couple weeks and played this game a couple different times.  It was all about trial and error, and writing down exactly what time to switch to whichever room to catch the nasties who were trying to abduct people.  it was fun, but had no replay after you beat it, on the other hand this:

Sewer_Shark_Coverart.jpg

absolutely needs to make a comeback.  One of my favorite games of all time.

you all are crazy. sega cd should stay dead and buried

Do you have any clue what you're talking about? There are some good games on Sega CD, like Lunar 1/2, Sonic CD, Vay, and Popful Mail.  Now if they were thinking of rereleasing 32x games...

your probably right about some of those games, Lilith. I didn't have the luck of playing those, just sewer shark, mad dog, and lots of headaches getting the thing to work. I was 12-13 so it was just too much for me to handle back then.

I haven't played Sewer Shark, but Mad Dog, while hilarious to watch, seems like it'd be a huge pain to play.  Seems like it'd be better with the Move on PSN, but the only real thing going for it is the B movie acting, much like the original Resident Evil (except that's actually really good)