The trophy list

coopbuh

On 4/25/2024 at 11:54 AM, madbuk said:

I wish. You can see the trophies on the site now, but you still can't sync them.

They only mentioned seeing them on the site. 

On 4/25/2024 at 11:49 AM, LordBeavington said:

Why did you edit my post?

Because it’s the same as boosting language that is removed to follow the forum rules. 

Edited by Stevieboy

Anyone has any estimate on how long 100% would take here? Are we talking 100 hours, 500h, 1000h or more? I have never played the game so I have no idea if some of the things are incredibly long and grindy.

9 minutes ago, Winckle said:

Anyone has any estimate on how long 100% would take here? Are we talking 100 hours, 500h, 1000h or more? I have never played the game so I have no idea if some of the things are incredibly long and grindy.

like fortnite long for every trophy so about 1000 hours at most https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Sea-of-Thieves/achievements check the estimate here by 37 people i know it's not 100% accurate but it's the best we have 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tommeyliang said:

This is impressive that another Xbox game is coming to PS. Are there multiplayer-only trophies in the list of 254, or can everything be done in solo/no PS+ subscription mode?

The majority of the trophies can be done in the Safer Seas mode, which you can play alone or with invited friends, but you only gain a pourcentage of the rewards than you would in Higher Seas. I’m not sure you can play without PS+ sub in Safer Seas.

Edited by Maxie_M0us3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, tommeyliang said:

This is impressive that another Xbox game is coming to PS. Are there multiplayer-only trophies in the list of 254, or can everything be done in solo/no PS+ subscription mode?

There's a handful of trophies that require other players / randoms to be done, but deffo needing ps+

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the_sultan999 said:

I'm never finishing this in my lifetime

Same. I have friends on PC with thousands of hours and they haven't even 100% it. This is just going to be one of those games that I play for fun and take the percentage hit.

1 hour ago, AxillarySloth53 said:

No intention of playing the game but wow. I've not seen a game with 253 trophies and a platinum before. Always used to think there were limits on trophy counts for plats. I.e. 59 at most and then a plat.

It does have 59 though, the rest are DLC trophies not required for the platinum. This is the largest DLC list ever released though so that’s something! 

Just now, tommeyliang said:

Safer Seas/Solo would allow you to get most of the trophies but both the plat and 100% require High Seas/PS+
Safer Seas turns off the ability to use Captained boats, caps your company levels to 40, restricts the use of Emissary flags, and Reaper/Athena cannot be leveled up over there. Events like Siren Song Skull and (iirc) Forts of Fortune don't spawn over there either. The Blessing of Athena/Ritual of Fire along with mentions of Faction are directly tied to PvP.

To the gamer asking about a time estimate: Expect 1000+ hours in most scenarios for 100%. You need to get level 100 in both PvP factions, do 750 voyage missions (250 for each of the main 3 factions), sail 3000 miles (1000 per 3) while doing those missions. The Legendary Hunter requires 50 of each common/rare variety fishes to be caught with 10 of each of the rarest caught. iirc it's about 1000+ fish total. Some of those fish only spawn during the night, storms, events, shipwrecks, or shipwrecks during storms which adds drastically more time to that. Add onto all of that, you need to be in a guild that's over level 900 for the guild trophies.

Plat however should only be a fraction of that. Pirate Legend is the longest grind and isn't that bad anymore due to the amount of things to do and how much stuff is worth anymore. The base list isn't anywhere near as bad as the Xbox base list as requirements have been shuffled around between base and DLC.

• Like 3

I've done some grindy games (like Fortnite), so my interest is a little piqued. My biggest concern over a long game is whether or not its fun. It has a 69% currently on Metacritic. The game looks fun, and if you can get a crew to play regularly with, I bet its better. Anyone have hand's on experience with the game? Is it fun enough to play regularly for a few years?

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

That’s been fixed 

Im pretty positive there is still a limit for both PS4 and PS5 lists. Like I shared above, No game on PS4 has more than 128 trophies on a list. Games with more than that add additional trophy lists. PS5 Version of Train World Sim 2 holds 411 total which seems to be the most on a list currently.

1 hour ago, SickaDelicGaming said:

On PS4, Train sim world 2 DLC 3 list has 128 trophies on their list being the most on a single PS4 games list, having 411 total trophies.  According to the PS5 SDK leak and multiple others online, PS5 can hold up to 1000 trophies on a list, which no game currently has.

I am just glad I don't have the chops to design video games or I would be so tempted to try to make the first game which hits that 1000 trophy limit with a platinum and 999 trophies.

:lol:

Of course, I know nothing about how games get trophies so I would probably fail. 😜

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

I've done some grindy games (like Fortnite), so my interest is a little piqued. My biggest concern over a long game is whether or not its fun. It has a 69% currently on Metacritic. The game looks fun, and if you can get a crew to play regularly with, I bet its better. Anyone have hand's on experience with the game? Is it fun enough to play regularly for a few years?

The critic ratings are from when it released in 2018, so they're irrelevant. Steam reviews are where you want to look, which currently has it sitting at 90% all time rating (277,991 reviews).

Steam Page Link

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 4

The game is way better than its metacritic shows.

My only concern is that you cant really do much solo so we would have to organize ourselves in a way that psnprofiles doesnt help. A discord server for trophy hunters on SoT would be almost necessary. 

6 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

It's highly dependent on how you feel about potentially losing progress due to a random group of players at any time. You don't actually make progress in leveling until you turn in the loot. Until it's turned in, nothing stops anyone from coming up on you, sinking you, and stealing however many hours worth of loot you had on board. If you can get past that or aren't bothered by it, there's plenty of fun to be had. My group definitely finds it enjoyable to play regularly. There's plenty to do nowadays with a lot of QoL changes over the years, things that the old Metacritic reviews don't reflect.

• Like 1