The trophy list

coopbuh

45 minutes ago, SickaDelicGaming said:

Im pretty positive there is still a limit for both PS4 and PS5 lists. Like I shared above, No game on PS4 has more than 128 trophies on a list. Games with more than that add additional trophy lists. PS5 Version of Train World Sim 2 holds 411 total which seems to be the most on a list currently.

They were referring to all the trophies displaying here on PSNP. 

1 hour ago, ProfessorHowl said:

Safer Seas/Solo would allow you to get most of the trophies but both the plat and 100% require High Seas/PS+
Safer Seas turns off the ability to use Captained boats, caps your company levels to 40, restricts the use of Emissary flags, and Reaper/Athena cannot be leveled up over there. Events like Siren Song Skull and (iirc) Forts of Fortune don't spawn over there either. The Blessing of Athena/Ritual of Fire along with mentions of Faction are directly tied to PvP.

To the gamer asking about a time estimate: Expect 1000+ hours in most scenarios for 100%. You need to get level 100 in both PvP factions, do 750 voyage missions (250 for each of the main 3 factions), sail 3000 miles (1000 per 3) while doing those missions. The Legendary Hunter requires 50 of each common/rare variety fishes to be caught with 10 of each of the rarest caught. iirc it's about 1000+ fish total. Some of those fish only spawn during the night, storms, events, shipwrecks, or shipwrecks during storms which adds drastically more time to that. Add onto all of that, you need to be in a guild that's over level 900 for the guild trophies.

Plat however should only be a fraction of that. Pirate Legend is the longest grind and isn't that bad anymore due to the amount of things to do and how much stuff is worth anymore. The base list isn't anywhere near as bad as the Xbox base list as requirements have been shuffled around between base and DLC.

Wow, ok, that puts things in perspective, I'm definitely not going to 100% this in my lifetime. Maybe I'll try for the plat.

19 minutes ago, Potter13579 said:

I'm still gonna get this game regardless, but what I really want to know that would seal the deal for me on this sooner than later is whether or not we're getting the Monkey Island content.

according to the official website we will get this content for free, too 😊 

If you play solo, I beg you to go Safer Seas, you will thank me later. I’ve just been stripped away two DLC trophies by griefers when I was about to sell treasures. Sure, I want full rewards, but it’s not worth your sanity and time to spend hours hunting treasures, only to get nothing because A-holes decide to mess with you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skurkitty said:

The critic ratings are from when it released in 2018, so they're irrelevant. Steam reviews are where you want to look, which currently has it sitting at 90% all time rating (277,991 reviews).

Steam Page Link

Good idea. It didn't even cross my mind to use Steam. Those are some nice looking stats. Thank you very much!

It's highly dependent on how you feel about potentially losing progress due to a random group of players at any time. You don't actually make progress in leveling until you turn in the loot. Until it's turned in, nothing stops anyone from coming up on you, sinking you, and stealing however many hours worth of loot you had on board. If you can get past that or aren't bothered by it, there's plenty of fun to be had. My group definitely finds it enjoyable to play regularly. There's plenty to do nowadays with a lot of QoL changes over the years, things that the old Metacritic reviews don't reflect.

Thanks for the context on how it might be different than something like Fortnite. You never really lose progress unless you fail the map, but since it is PVE, that was rare. I know there will be some god-tier players of a game like this who may enjoy rolling over some beginners (that's just the pirate way lol). 

13 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I guess you can't have friends unless you're specifically boosting things with them... how sad.

Well then I'm happy to point out this great option, just for that:

WEteKFz.png

Unless you were intentionally distorting what's actually happening here, just to antagonize.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ProfessorHowl said:

Safer Seas/Solo would allow you to get most of the trophies but both the plat and 100% require High Seas/PS+
Safer Seas turns off the ability to use Captained boats, caps your company levels to 40, restricts the use of Emissary flags, and Reaper/Athena cannot be leveled up over there. Events like Siren Song Skull and (iirc) Forts of Fortune don't spawn over there either. The Blessing of Athena/Ritual of Fire along with mentions of Faction are directly tied to PvP.

To the gamer asking about a time estimate: Expect 1000+ hours in most scenarios for 100%. You need to get level 100 in both PvP factions, do 750 voyage missions (250 for each of the main 3 factions), sail 3000 miles (1000 per 3) while doing those missions. The Legendary Hunter requires 50 of each common/rare variety fishes to be caught with 10 of each of the rarest caught. iirc it's about 1000+ fish total. Some of those fish only spawn during the night, storms, events, shipwrecks, or shipwrecks during storms which adds drastically more time to that. Add onto all of that, you need to be in a guild that's over level 900 for the guild trophies.

Plat however should only be a fraction of that. Pirate Legend is the longest grind and isn't that bad anymore due to the amount of things to do and how much stuff is worth anymore. The base list isn't anywhere near as bad as the Xbox base list as requirements have been shuffled around between base and DLC.

Thanks so much to all responded. I’ll have to wait and see if there’s a trophy guide then. If anything it’s a game I’ll play for fun and even getting at least 180-220 total trophies would be a win in my book/list. Probably even 160-175 trophies obtained/an “A” if the game is that good.

Edited by tommeyliang
Mistake

Just when I thought I'd seen everything there is to see in the trophy hunting world, here comes a once Xbox exclusive arriving with a ridiculous 254 trophies on its trophy list. Is this Xbox trying to destroy the trophy system from the inside...? 😜 Honestly, game looks great - looking forward to trying it!

• Like 2

Hey, long time lurker first time poster on PSNP. I just wanted to put my two cents in on the Base trophy list as I have over 1,200 hours in the Xbox/PC version. The Base list for PlayStation is not the same as the Xbox/PC version as the grindier trophies such as sailing 1,000 miles and completing 250 voyages for each trading company are moved to the DLC. The only trophy that's the real grind but not really due to double XP events and emissaries is obtaining Pirate Legend status. My honest opinion of the time to platinum this game is around 50-75 hours. I'm happy to answer any questions about length/difficulty of trophies.

In the DLC list, the most time consuming trophies are the following:

• Merchant Forager
  • Black Powder Merchant

Rare has made the spawn rate of these bottle quests super low that I still haven't completed these after 1,200 hours.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TheKamera said:

Hey, long time lurker first time poster on PSNP. I just wanted to put my two cents in on the Base trophy list as I have over 1,200 hours in the Xbox/PC version. The Base list for PlayStation is not the same as the Xbox/PC version as the grindier trophies such as sailing 1,000 miles and completing 250 voyages for each trading company are moved to the DLC. The only trophy that's the real grind but not really due to double XP events and emissaries is obtaining Pirate Legend status. My honest opinion of the time to platinum this game is around 50-75 hours. I'm happy to answer any questions about length/difficulty of trophies.

In the DLC list, the most time consuming trophies are the following:

• Merchant Forager
  • Black Powder Merchant

Rare has made the spawn rate of these bottle quests super low that I still haven't completed these after 1,200 hours.

What's your opinion on difficulty/time for solo players? Much harder or just takes more time?

21 minutes ago, TheStark700 said:

What's your opinion on difficulty/time for solo players? Much harder or just takes more time?

The game overall is not difficult but you will get more stuff done as a crew especially with loading/unloading loot. The Sovereigns back in Season 7 was the biggest game changer as you no longer had to unload each piece of loot and then carry it back and forth to the different trading company representatives. As a solo, there will be days where your server region is pretty dead and you can get a lot done. Other days the servers will feel full where a few crews have the bloodlust who will want to go after you which adds to the playtime. If you want to do most of your progression in Safer Seas, that's fine but just be aware that'll double your platinum time as the gold and XP rate is significantly reduced.

• Like 2

Hello, everyone.
Just a quick question.

Since I only use my old XBOX 360 (basically for my huge backlog which is not backward-compatible with the modern SERIES S/X), my PS4 Pro (for Sony exclusives and some multi-platform titles) and my Nintendo Switch (only for Nintendo exclusives and a very few multi-platform which perform better on the system), I've been looking forward to buying Sea of Thieves to start it once I purchase a SERIES X (rumour has it there's a new revision of the SERIES X, completely white and digital-only... that would be perfect for me).

The problem is that the XBOX version has some "discontinued/unobtainable" achievements (the so-called "Arena"), which is a huge deterrent for me.

So, due to the fact that in 2025 I will buy, in any case, PS5 Pro for Death Stranding 2... do you suggest buying Sea of Thieves on PS5?

And what about my XBOX GamerTag? Will I need that one as a "Microsoft Account" to play the game on PS5 or will I have to create a new account?

Thanks in advance for answering and take care you all!

😄

I'm wondering how I'm supposed to get some of these trophies cuz these features aren't available for me anymore.  My Merchant, Gold Hoarders & Order of Souls are all level 75. 

Examples:

Shopping For Promotions
Purchased your first Trading Company Promotion

This isn't possible cuz those "first" promotions aren't available anymore for me.  

Also: 

Just Getting Started
You completed the Tutorial Voyage for the Gold Hoarders, Merchant Alliance and Order of Souls

^ This one, the tutorial voyage was done many years ago... I have no way to do this being pirate legend. 

Anyone have any thoughts? 

23 minutes ago, Sneeches said:

Just Getting Started
You completed the Tutorial Voyage for the Gold Hoarders, Merchant Alliance and Order of Souls

^ This one, the tutorial voyage was done many years ago... I have no way to do this being pirate legend. 

Anyone have any thoughts? 

There are new tutorials on your quest table for those three companies. Click on each of the companies and scroll down to the bottom to see the tutorial for each.

What about the other trophies that I can't get?  I was simply using the two above as examples. 

There are new tutorials on your quest table for those three companies. Click on each of the companies and scroll down to the bottom to see the tutorial for each.

What about the other trophies that I can't get?  I was simply using the two above as examples. 

35 minutes ago, Sneeches said:

Only thing I can think of for the first promotion trophy is perhaps level up to 80+ in one of the factions and get the promotion there and see if it recognizes the requirement then. If you're already 100+, maybe Athena/Reaper/Hunter Call promotions to see if it pops? I didn't have problems with this one but I do have a glitch with level 75 Gold Hoarder so I'm working towards 80+ to see if that pops it.