Physical version comes with version 1.00

CRUX19

1 hour ago, CRUX19 said:

Heads up, the physical copy (version 1.00) has none of the censorship the day one patch has imposed. The patch reduces gore and the blood splatter on Eve 

Idc about the graffiti but they reduced the gore? Is there a comparison video somewhere?

• Like 1

The placement seems completely unintentional to me, but in the end it did literally say hard r, a very common way to refer to the gamerword online.

Not many companies would want their product to be associated with a thing like that.

You're free to play the unpatched version if you really can't live without it though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

The Hard R was a maskarade people... Don't be fooled. 

Why would people be bothered by a grafitti? What happend was much much more... The Gore was reduced and blood splatter. Also, like 7 or 8 costumes were censored too. They cover much more of Eve then the original designs. 

These early physical copies with the extra outfit dlc on them are with older patch. Afterwards even Physical will have the newer versions of the game printted on them and there will be nothing you can do. 

Get these early copies and you will get the uncensored outfits. The downside is that you will not experience the newer options and improved gameplay and also NG+. 

Personaly what i will do is play the first playthrough on unpatched and then the rest patched on NG+ and get the trophies on NG+. 

Edit: Censorship is shitty... In whatever form. This was a slip on their part because the physical editions were supposed to have the newer patch the reviewers had. And those would be the outfits "from the beggining" and no one would bitch about them, because no one would see the earlier designs. Since, let's be honest they are already sexy enough. But regardless they messed up... And this is exploding all over and the game just came out a day ago. 

I had a delay in the shipping of my copy and will only get it monday, but even with all this crap, i am still excited to play this, i loved the demo and the gameplay was awsome to me. Also the vibe i got from it was really good. 

All this could have been avoided and it's unfortunate, Stellar blade and Shift up did not deserve this. To me, Sony is to blame (like always... If it weren't for the trophies...).

Edited by Danyy___85
  • Like 2

It honestly baffles me that anyone would go digital edition for a game while knowing that certain people were already offended by it . It's 2024.

I knew it'd happen but even I didn't expect day one. I wonder how this game will look by 2025 after a year of patches while I still have my physical copy.

• Like 4

On 4/27/2024 at 8:03 PM, De_Band said:

oops, it tagged you completely, only the the first line was meant to be quoted to you, sorry lad

All good.

Thanks for correcting me then BTW.

Edited by Dry

10 hours ago, CRUX19 said:

Heads up, the physical copy (version 1.00) has none of the censorship the day one patch has imposed. The patch reduces gore and the blood splatter on Eve and it removes what's now known as the 'Hard-R controversy.' What is this you might ask? There's graffiti painted on walls throughout the game saying "Hard," but one "Hard" graffiti appears next to a neon sign saying "R shop," referencing an in game character named Roxanne. Somehow this was offensive because certain people were suggesting that it's a reference to a racial slur, forcing Shift Up patch it likely to the pressure from Sony.

Thanks for the heads up. Currently installing my physical copy, however it says it's version 1.002.000, so is it censored or uncensored ?

[EDIT] Looks like 1.002.000 is censored according to this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INQd4e58PQM

So I'm not sure how I can get the game in version 1.0, should I completely disable the PS5's internet connection ? Or is the disc version ALREADY 1.002 ?

Really tired of that censorship, I wouldn't have bought the game if I had known about it beforehand. F'ing Sony douchebags.

Edited by Kurty9
  • Haha 1