Japanese PSN Dummy Banned! Help please.

Hello. So I have a couple of accounts for Stack Platinum and, I have had a Japanese account for more than 10 years. I couldn't buy the Z games until I found a Japanese friend. Thanks to him I could acquire my Z PS+ games such as Conan, Alien, or Psycho Break 2. In the same day, I could buy Sniper Ghost Warrior 1-2 plus Bioshock 2. I received an email of the transaction for approximately 4.500 yens. I could download the games and play. He bought my games from me using his credit card and I sent him the money.

What is my surprise? The next day when I wanted to sign up for the Jap account I saw a message that my account has been permanently banned for violations of the Sony Terms and User Agreement. I have no email from Sony even in Spam. He gonna tried to get in touch with Sony this week using "Line" (a Japanese message method I think similar to whats app).

I have to say that I never play in my Japanese account even send messages. I just sign up, buy, and download. Did someone get into this situation before?

P.S.: I am not sure if I am in the right section of the forum.

45 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

They probably think  it's credit card fraud because the card didn't match the personal info that was given. This also sounds like you were using two PlayStations with the same account in different countries which would also trigger security.

Well maybe you are right but I used my mother credit card in my US account once and never got banned. Also, my friend used his laptop to do the transaction.

On 4/27/2024 at 7:24 PM, CHOWIE-0061 said:

Hello. So I have a couple of accounts for Stack Platinum and, I have had a Japanese account for more than 10 years. I couldn't buy the Z games until I found a Japanese friend. Thanks to him I could acquire my Z PS+ games such as Conan, Alien, or Psycho Break 2. In the same day, I could buy Sniper Ghost Warrior 1-2 plus Bioshock 2. I received an email of the transaction for approximately 4.500 yens. I could download the games and play. He bought my games from me using his credit card and I sent him the money.

What is my surprise? The next day when I wanted to sign up for the Jap account I saw a message that my account has been permanently banned for violations of the Sony Terms and User Agreement. I have no email from Sony even in Spam. He gonna tried to get in touch with Sony this week using "Line" (a Japanese message method I think similar to whats app).

I have to say that I never play in my Japanese account even send messages. I just sign up, buy, and download. Did someone get into this situation before?

P.S.: I am not sure if I am in the right section of the forum.

Wait, you had the JP account 10+ years and never played on it? 

Sucky situation, agree with what the other guys say about Z games. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I cant even remember the sites but theres literally online stores that will sell you psn cards in whatever region you want that will email you the code usually within an hour of your first transaction

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, J-S_93 said:

Play-Asia is a great place for this type of thing regarding what the user right above had said.

Purchased 3 $100 USD cards from Play-Asia and all 3 were duds. They initially refused to refund me and only did so when I left several bad reviews with receipts of their correspondence. I tried to purchase a card recently and they denied my purchase, sent an email saying I was not able to purchase on the site.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, The Ordinary Bloke said:

Purchased 3 $100 USD cards from Play-Asia and all 3 were duds. They initially refused to refund me and only did so when I left several bad reviews with receipts of their correspondence. I tried to purchase a card recently and they denied my purchase, sent an email saying I was not able to purchase on the site.

Wow, that's a terrible experience - sorry that happened to you.

Nothing like that happened to me, but I would never buy such a high amount, I've only done smaller amounts, 10 USD for example, and have purchased multiple and never had any issues and my experience with them has always been good and their customer service has always been satisfactory to me, with any of my codes ordered - only once I refreshed the page and duplicated an order, but that was resolved as only paid for one, and never got to paying for the duplicate, so all was well.

I would suggest small amounts, if you need 50 for example, then buy a quantity of five 10 USD codes; probably one at a time, and check and redeem each even, one at a time only, just to avoid any issues.

Not sure why yours never worked, but I do know that the region you're buying for and the region you use it on is very important and specific as you can't use a code for a different region than what it was assigned to - so, I would go back and recheck those old purchased codes of yours and their region and try it on another region if you possibly got it wrong.

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, J-S_93 said:

Wow, that's a terrible experience - sorry that happened to you.

Nothing like that happened to me, but I would never buy such a high amount, I've only done smaller amounts, 10 USD for example, and have purchased multiple and never had any issues and my experience with them has always been good and their customer service has always been satisfactory to me, with any of my codes ordered - only once I refreshed the page and duplicated an order, but that was resolved as only paid for one, and never got to paying for the duplicate, so all was well.

I would suggest small amounts, if you need 50 for example, then buy a quantity of five 10 USD codes; probably one at a time, and check and redeem each even, one at a time only, just to avoid any issues.

Not sure why yours never worked, but I do know that the region you're buying for and the region you use it on is very important and specific as you can't use a code for a different region than what it was assigned to - so, I would go back and recheck those old purchased codes of yours and their region and try it on another region if you possibly got it wrong.

This^

I've never had any issues at all with Play-Asia and have always found their customer service to be very helpful and polite. I've only ever ordered a couple of PSN codes from them and they both worked just with the account I bought them for so have no idea what went wrong for The Ordinary Bloke :(.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

If it isn't chargeback then I suspect that account sharing was an issue, somehow it got detected by their automatic checks, credit card info doesn't need to match your account info and if it's wrong then the purchase just shouldn't go through.

You sure your friend wasn't logged in at the same time as you?

Edited by alien713
  • Like 2

Man that sucks. If you get your account back buy PSN cards with the right currency. This way you don't have to struggle with credit card information and such. You can even get some PSN cards of other countries on Amazon.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, alien713 said:

If it isn't chargeback then I suspect that account sharing was an issue, somehow it got detected by their automatic checks, credit card info doesn't need to match your account info and if it's wrong then the purchase just shouldn't go through.

You sure your friend wasn't logged in at the same time as you?

He did everything from the laptop while I was connected in PS5. I don't remember if I was signed also in my laptop. He is living in the US. I bought 4K yen in the store. I know Playasia I always buy there but the problem is the Z Rates games. Now I am going to have 2 psn jap accounts. One for regular transactions and another for Credit cards but I will try to buy small transactions. I was maybe, making a big transaction they thought was fraud. I bough Bioshock 2 and both Ghost Sniper are on sale.

Edited by CHOWIE-0061