KOTOR Remake?

how we feeling about this one guys? do you think we will ever see this, or will it be stuck in dev hell like bloodlines 2 forever? would personally love to see this one come out regardless of how good it is

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

Considering what an utter disaster the development has been so far, I have less than zero hope of it being good if it ever gets released.

Fair point, sony delisting the reveal trailer was kind of a nail in the coffin

I reckon a remake will happen one way or the other - it’s too beloved and guaranteed profitable not to.

Whether the current incarnation of the remake ever comes to pass though…

…that’s seeming less and less like a sure thing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Never played this game before, but I assume it's as dead as the Prince of Persia remake. 

man i forgot about that one...

6 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Just like with the Silent Hill 2 remake, I have no hopes for this. You can't recreate perfection in what was there the first time. 

I almost mentioned sh2 remake replying to huntingfever, idk i think it would be cool to see them in modern iterations but yeah the original magic will never be there again

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just want ports of the original KOTOR and KOTOR2 on PlayStation, is that too much to ask for?

As for the Remake... it's probably not gonna happen imho. If by some miracle it does come out I doubt it's gonna live up to the original, given the circumstances.

Don't take it the wrong way, I want it to come out and be good!

Edited by Bratinov

2 hours ago, Bratinov said:

I just want ports of the original KOTOR and KOTOR2 on PlayStation, is that too much to ask for?

As for the Remake... it's probably not gonna happen imho. If by some miracle it does come out I doubt it's gonna live up to the original, given the circumstances.

Don't take it the wrong way, I want it to come out and be good!

For KOTOR 2, I'd love to see the fan made director's cut ported over that restores a lot of the stuff which was axed just prior to launch.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

For KOTOR 2, I'd love to see the fan made director's cut ported over that restores a lot of the stuff which was axed just prior to launch.

I’m also curious about the Restored Content Mod, they couldn’t get it ported over to the Switch… for some reason.

Edited by Bratinov
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

As somebody who never played KOTOR (or any of its sequels), I sure do hope the remake is still as "alive and well" as the suits say it is. I believe we are also still waiting for the narrative-driven, inspired by The Last of Us, Star Wars game from Quantic Dream that - if I recall correctly - was also announced around the same time as the KOTOR remake was. :hmm:

Edited by ddracarys
Formatting
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 5:31 AM, Bratinov said:

I’m also curious about the Restored Content Mod, they couldn’t get it ported over to the Switch… for some reason.

Yeah, I recently bought the KOTOR bundle on Switch, but I didn't do my research, as I found out about the restored content mod controversy after the fact. Apparently, Aspyr promised it was coming to Switch before it came out, then after everyone bought it, they then said it wasn't coming and apparently KOTOR2 doesn't run that great on Switch because of it (it was also supposed to bring bug fixes as well). Aspyr was forced to give people a free Star Wars game of their choice as an "apology". Then they turned around and released the Battlefront remasters in the state they're in. 

So we might want to be careful what we wish for with them being ported to PlayStation right now. Aspyr needs to get their shit straight. 

• Like 3