[Resolved] PS3 P2P Online Games Currently Down - Trophy syncing unaffected

25 minutes ago, Redblaziken8 said:

Has anyone tested inFamous festival of blood? I don't have WiFi to test it right now if someone could check that out please 😄

Yes, it works. I'm playing it right now. The UGC missions are still able to be played. Those online trophies are still obtainable.

• Like 2

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - Attempt to create a session failed

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - Error when trying to create a lobby

Final Fight Double Impact - unable to create a network game

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - PS3 version Failed to connect to the network

Serious Sam 3 - Might be working? Able to host a co-op online game just fine

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Goodboy995 said:

What about Dead Rising 2 and Dead rising 2 Off the record? Metal gear solid peacewalker ? Naruto ultimate ninja storm 2?

I'll test dead rising 2 shortly unless someone beats me too it.

Dead rising 2 is down. 

Edited by mizzcreed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

GTA 4 still works, was able to create and play a match.

1 hour ago, BonelessCheese_ said:

I did a little bit of testing on GTA IV Multiplayer and Red Dead Redemption's Multiplayer. In GTA IV you can still get in a lobby with another player if you start a private match and invite them directly. The quick play feature however, does not work.

In regards to Red Dead's Multiplayer if you start the multiplayer directly from the main menu it will put your ps3 in an infinite loading screen. If you start the multiplayer from single player and go into a private match it will load you in though. I didn't have anyone online to invite to my lobby so idk if you can get someone to join via direct invite?

Thanks guys! Really great to hear this!

At least I know that I'll be able to get the GTA 4 trophies. Sadly won't be able to get the RDR 1 ones, because there are some that require to be logged in a public lobby IIRC.

Good thing I didn't started RDR1 anymore.

Posted (edited)

Just checked Aliens vs Predator, Virtua Tennis 09, and Virtua Tennis 4, all of which are DOWN. 

This could turn out to be the bloodiest day in in the history of the Playstation trophy system.  Everything is pure speculation - this could just be a temporary issue on Sony's end that will be fixed in a day or two, or it could be like the LBP servers which cannot/will not be fixed.  Hopefully it all works out, but I don't think I'm being reactionary when I recommend that people finish up single player PS3 games on their profiles, and perhaps avoid adding any new games until we know more about this, because who knows what could happen to the general servers and trophy syncing.

29 minutes ago, Goodboy995 said:

What about Dead Rising 2 and Dead rising 2 Off the record? Metal gear solid peacewalker ? Naruto ultimate ninja storm 2?

Dead Rising 2 is DOWN - it returns an error when I search for games, and does not allow me to create a lobby.  I'd assume it's the same for OTR.

@Reinachii-it seems like the leaderboards are working for most of these games, as well as features like the in-game friends list.  I think it's only the matchmaking that's affected.

Edited by WakeUpHP
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, WakeUpHP said:

Just checked Aliens vs Predator, Virtua Tennis 09, and Virtua Tennis 4, all of which are DOWN. 

This could turn out to be the bloodiest day in in the history of the Playstation trophy system.  Everything is pure speculation - this could just be a temporary issue on Sony's end that will be fixed in a day or two, or it could be like the LBP servers which cannot/will not be fixed.  Hopefully it all works out, but I don't think I'm being reactionary when I recommend that people finish up single player PS3 games on their profiles, and perhaps avoid adding any new games until we know more about this, because who knows what could happen to the general servers and trophy syncing.

Dead Rising 2 is DOWN - it returns an error when I search for games, and does not allow me to create a lobby.  I'd assume it's the same for OTR.

If they decide to shut down the PS3 network service including trophy sync, they should at least make an announcement like Nintendo with their Wii U and 3DS closure. I know this day will come eventually and maybe sooner than later, but a short announcement would be nice. In the meantime I am going to finish all my open PS3 games on my account as soon as possible. 

• Like 1