Trouble With "Social Lubrication" Trophy

xzeusyx

Is anyone else having a bit of trouble with the trophy? 

Yesterday jumped back on this game after completing the campaign a few days ago and started knocking out the drinking mini games. I cleared the two "easier" patrons, however I'm currently stuck on Pawnee level 6; right on the first puzzle where the question mark seems to be going in a constant circle. Any tips on how to complete this one and any others I will have to face from people that already trucked through these? Thanks in advance :lol:

#6 is a goddam bitch, after that its basically a breeze.

For the 'inverted' sections, pause the game and turn your controller around.

Apart from that, just try to be gentle with the analog sections, thats the best tip I have. Keep trying, #5 & #6 took the longest for me.

• Like 1

I did all 30 levels, and haven't seen what happens when you fail!  

Honestly, I didn't do anything special, but I've read that a lot of people have trouble with it, maybe it's 50% reflex and 50% luck. The reticule ones are much harder imo, but you just need to know the controls ( stopping distance, acceleration) because the cursor does change speeds. For the #6 Pawnee spinning question mark one, stay on the outside of the circle, don't try to get in from the inside, as it's just too fast. 

Now I've just got the tailing and songsneak trophies left!

• Like 1

I cannot get my brain to cooperate on the ones where you need to keep both L and R sticks inside the circles.

Same here I can't pass level 4 because of this. It's wonderful that the game puts you back at the beginning of the round giving you no chance to keep a solid rhythm. And let's not forget the short and annoying walk back to the bar after each failure.

So what're the main issues with this trophy? I'll update my guide with a guide to the harder parts if you want, but since I blazed through first try, I don't really know what people are struggling on.

When i saw the complaints on the Pawnee challenger I went to him first. From what Ive read and seen on this site and others everyone either hits the wall at 5 or 6. Im apparently too awful to get there as the one that absolutely destroys me is the last part of challenge 4 keeping both sticks in the circle, I just cant do it, im not even getting close. I can get them in separate circles 50% of the time but not in the same one. This could just be a personal problem (more than likely) but as one of the previous posters said, my brain will not allow me to do this. I know that sounds bad but there is no other way that I can explain it. 

Generally when im getting my ass kicked in a game i can at least see a pattern as to what Im doing wrong, im getting no vibes from this part of the challenge, and i apparently i haven't seen anything yet as i have another 6 fun filled rounds to look forward to after this.

So what're the main issues with this trophy? I'll update my guide with a guide to the harder parts if you want, but since I blazed through first try, I don't really know what people are struggling on.

It's really not too bad at all. I'm just still not used to using a playstation controller after being on an xbox for seven years so the analog stick levels were sometimes touch and go. I breezed through all of them except for level 6 in Pawnee. Even then it only took me 30 min. Everything else was a cake walk.

In my case, I just think it's me, it's like you need to sort of be ambidextrous. I don't have any trouble with single circles but put the two together and I have a tough time. Then they throw in the inverted stuff and that just blows whatever rhythm I had out of the water.

• Like 1

I'm really struggling with this also. This is something I'd have no problem with 10 years ago but seems that at 31 years of age my reflex's are shot. It seems to just bounce sometimes really screwing me up and putting back to square one. Doesn't seem to matter how gently or hard I move the sticks it just goes where ever the hell it wants to. I'm very gradually progressing, but to have to get to level 10 on different people is just cruel and mean. One time I did laugh tho as I somehow managed to fail the 1st drink of a round. So hang on, my Aiden just passed out before he had a drink! LOL!!! Even I'm not that much of a lightweight! 

• Like 1

Last Trophy i need for Platinum but for now i'm done with it. I'll give it a try in a couple of days.

i hate that this Trophy has nothing to do with the Story or the whole setting at all. Why no hacking challenge or something like that.

No it's "drink till you throw up"

• Like 1

A couple general tips for this trophy would be:

- Be extremely delicate on your touches. I went with the tapping method as opposed to holding the stick down the whole time for movement

- When you have to put the analog sticks in their appropriate circles get them as close as you can and then focus on one of them. Your brain helps you get the other circle.

- For the inverted levels simply pause the game and rotate the controller. You can click L2/R2 with any free fingers ( I used my pinky fingers).

- The button levels aren't random. Recognize the patterns and the intervals for the ones that switch constantly. Most are set up so that once you pick these up you can breeze right through it.

For level 5 in Pawnee on the last level: You have to get the middle button first or else you wont have enough time.

For level 6 in Pawnee: When you have to get them both in the same circle align the left stick on the left right and the right stick on the right side before you attempt to push them in. 

I know these aren't earth shattering tips but I think that it may help some people. This trophy just takes patience and some brain power :wave:

Most games I have played (not as many as most of you) seem to have that one trophy that drives you nuts and for W_D this is it.  I'm still working on it but since it the patterns aren't random it is just a matter of time before you will memorize what you need to do.

It is probable that I will spend as much time on this trophy as I did with the entire rest of the game.

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 2

Most games I have played (not as many as most of you) seem to have that one trophy that drives you nuts and for W_D this is it.  I'm still working on it but since it the patterns aren't random it is just a matter of time before you will memorize what you need to do.

It is probable that I will spend as much time on this trophy as I did with the entire rest of the game.

Oh my yes! I'm only on level 4 on the Pawnee one. I find the button presses easier than lining up the circles but as I haven't tried level 4 yet I fear I'm going to eat my words!

• Like 1

Did the Pawnee challenges pretty much in one sitting today. Reading about it online I was really afraid I would take my room apart playing these, but they're actually quite doable. I've had a lot more trouble with the challenges in The Loop where I had to redo challenge 10 like six or seven times. Got Pawnee challenge 6 on my second try. Anyway, if they ever make WD2, and we all know they will, they need to take out all these nonsensical mini-games. What the hell does drinking and playing chess have to do with any of this?!

• Like 2