Do you want a Separate trophy list or not?

x9zachattack5x

I'm still (slowly) working my way towards Platinum on the PS3. Now I can understand a separate list if they add new trophies for the new feature (liek Minecraft for example). But even so, I can't see myself ever completing both lists. If PS4 does have a separate list, I'm finishing it on PS3 as I've worked hard from that and although I have a lot of work to do on it (mostly online), I'm still going to finish it.

EXACTLY.  This is rockstars chance to actually make a trophy list with just a little creativity.  If you look at the trophies in general for such a large game with so much at its disposal to get really weird, whoever put together this trophy list is pretty unoriginal.  It's like a 18 year old trophy completionist made the list on what previous collect 50 X games did.  Seriously rocckstar, make a completely new trophy list.  With some funny, interesting, and some difficult, but actually worthy of doing trophies. 

Look at how many trophies this game has that are literally complete this set of 50 things.  collect x, collect y, going under a, jump b.  I think you get my point.  It's such a set of quite boring "additional things to do" for such a creative game. 

Edit:  I tried quoting Spark-N but it didn't work.   He said hell no I don't want to do those knife flights again. 

Edited by SilkyJay86

On 9/19/2014 at 3:06 AM, SilkyJay86 said:

EXACTLY.  This is rockstars chance to actually make a trophy list with just a little creativity.  If you look at the trophies in general for such a large game with so much at its disposal to get really weird, whoever put together this trophy list is pretty unoriginal.  It's like a 18 year old trophy completionist made the list on what previous collect 50 X games did.  Seriously rocckstar, make a completely new trophy list.  With some funny, interesting, and some difficult, but actually worthy of doing trophies. 

Look at how many trophies this game has that are literally complete this set of 50 things.  collect x, collect y, going under a, jump b.  I think you get my point.  It's such a set of quite boring "additional things to do" for such a creative game. 

Edit:  I tried quoting Spark-N but it didn't work.   He said hell no I don't want to do those knife flights again. 

It's GTA. It always had those kind of achievements and always will.

And personally, I think GTA 5 trophy list is very creative. Almost perfect, especially if you compare it to the one GTA 4 had.

Edited by Amonares
  • Like 1

Almost perfect.  Holy hell dude.  : )    I couldn't disagree more.  I'm not sure about you but I prefer less collectables.  A lot less.  ESPECIALLY in a game like this.   You do make a good point about it being rockstar, and we'll leave it at that.  I stand by my comments though, it could be a lot more perfect.

I feel like either way would not be too bad. If it is separate then its basically a free platinum because the game was awesome and I never once felt as if it was a grind. If it isn't then it doesn't affect my trophy list and I can just play willy-nilly. So.... Yes/No? I plead the fifth.

• 1 month later...

I'm only going to get GTAV on PS4, it if uses the same joint trophy list as the PS3 (like Borderlands 2 PS3/Vita) because:

1) I don't like having two of the same games on my trophy list.

2) I wouldn't want to get to level 100 twice anyway.

3) I want to finish the rest of my GTA V trophies on PS4 with better graphics.

Could not agree with all of the above especially #2. I had to run the stupid bicycle race by myself  approximately 300+ times because it granted more RP then doing it with people. If this does separate im going to have to go for the XB1 version i wont care about getting 100% over there.

I'm undecided, one part of me wants to do it again cause it's one of my favourite games, another part of me doesn't want to.
Does anyone think online trophies will pop on PS4 if we get another list, that's the same?

I wasn't getting this again at first but I really want to now. The only thing I care about is they said that we can transfer our online character from PS3 once only and I'm unsure if that includes the level you are or have to start over. I'm currently going for level 100 on PS3 and I dont want to do it again.

I wasn't getting this again at first but I really want to now. The only thing I care about is they said that we can transfer our online character from PS3 once only and I'm unsure if that includes the level you are or have to start over. I'm currently going for level 100 on PS3 and I dont want to do it again.

According to the Rockstar website, it says: "Yes, you will be able to transfer your GTA Online characters and progression from PlayStation®3 or Xbox 360 to your choice of PlayStation®4, Xbox One or PC versions." 

So I hope the "progression" they mention, is rank.

Edited by lachz_17

According to the Rockstar website, it says: "Yes, you will be able to transfer your GTA Online characters and progression from PlayStation®3 or Xbox 360 to your choice of PlayStation®4, Xbox One or PC versions." 

So I hope the "progression" they mention, is rank.

Yeah I knew we can transfer it I just hope its not just the appearance, like theres no way I'm ranking up again its so boring  :|

Yeah I knew we can transfer it I just hope its not just the appearance, like theres no way I'm ranking up again its so boring  :|

Yeah it is boring, I still don't know how or why I'm rank 191. I guess I'll grind my way through it again, if it doesn't transfer.  :S

Even if the lists are separated, I'm pretty sure that the shared MP character goes with the current rank, grinding may not be needed after all. I don't see the point in creating a feature like that to pass a character with level 1.

I actually like the trophy list, got all the single player trophies and it was nice, but sometimes I wish there were more creative ones. (Like the "Dastardly" one in Red Dead Redemption --- Place a hogtied woman on the train tracks and witness her death by train.) I don't know, seeing as the game is so fun oriented, some of those crazy ones would belong there.

Edited by Playsonic2

I'm almost certain that these will be separate lists as the eighth-gen version appears to be a totally different game; for example, the addition of a first-person mode indicates that there have been significant alterations to the code base which would preclude their trophy lists being shared as they are, for all intents and purposes, intrinsically different and separate versions of the game.

Just spotted on exophase.com that GTA V has its own list for Xbox One. Identical too. Still nothing around about rank trophies auto popping or not tho.

I hope we find out in the next few days before release what's happening with the trophies/auto popping etc.

With regards to the auto pop of online trophies. I don't see why it'd be hard. Fifa do it annually with their level 15 trophy. So surely it's just a matter of signing in and pop. Hopefully. As fun as it is online isn't worth another level 100 even with boosting.

With regards to the auto pop of online trophies. I don't see why it'd be hard. Fifa do it annually with their level 15 trophy. So surely it's just a matter of signing in and pop. Hopefully. As fun as it is online isn't worth another level 100 even with boosting.

I mean if it doesn't autopop, I'll do it again, but it'll be a struggle because of how bad the payouts are on jobs nowadays.