PS3 game must plays before PS4 purchase

ChaseHQ

Hi I'm just wondering what games I should add to my backlog of games to play/plat before I switch to the PS4. I did quite well not buying the PS4 at launch but I will upgrade (at some stage) but I don't want to miss out on any must play PS3 games.

I've got a few already on my list so by looking at that it might give you an idea on what I like to play

1. XCOM: Enemy Within

2. Borderlands 2 GOTY edition

3. Sleeping Dogs

4. Uncharted 2 & 3

5 Dead Island

6. Payday 2

7. Batman Arkham Asylum & Origins

8. Deus Ex human revolution

9. The Mass Effect Trilogy

10. Vanquish

If you could give me a short reason why I need to play any of the games you recommend it would help me understand why I need to play them, it might also help if you look at my trophy list to see what games I've played & platted thanks for any input ;0)

Depending on if you're getting it on PS4 or not, AC4. 

Ratchet and Clank, Tools of destruction or a crack in time.

GTA

Saint's Row the third

Depending on if you're getting it on PS4 or not, Guacamelee

Tomb Raider.

That's about it from me.

TLoU not on there bc get it on PS4.

From your list I can only speak for myself about Uncharted 2 & 3, Batman Arkham Asylum and Vaquish.

I'd highly suggest Uncharted 2 and Vaquish(fast-paced third person shooter) without a doubt. If you liked Uncharted 2 very much then go foward with uncharted 3 also(even without finding as most appealing as 2).

Batman Arkham Asylum was good game too but get some reasearch before palying to see if that is your style.

Hope i could help with my opinion.

1. Red Dead Redemption

2. Tales of Graces F / Xillia

3. Nier

4. Castlevania: Lords of Shadows

5. Yakuza 3 & 4

6. Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction / A Crack in Time

7. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

8. Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes

9. Puppeteer

10. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Edited by hobbit_010

One game, and that game would be Bioshock Infinite, one finest first person shooter experiences I have ever played not to mention the fantastic dialogue between Booker and Elizabeth.

Having said that though the only thing that lets the game down is the stupid ending.

Depending on if you're getting it on PS4 or not, AC4. 

Ratchet and Clank, Tools of destruction or a crack in time.

GTA

Red Dead Redemption

Saint's Row the third

Depending on if you're getting it on PS4 or not, Guacamelee

Tomb Raider.

That's about it from me.

TLoU not on there bc get it on PS4.

These are all assuming you've got/will get the ones already on your list.

- The Last of Us. though there's a remaster version coming to ps4, so if you care for trophies you can have two TLOU platinums.

- Batman Arkham City. i can't believe you mentioned origins and left City out.

- GT6, as far as i heard polyphony digital insist that GT6 will remain ps3 exclusive.

- Tt's The Walking Dead.

- LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2.

forget to mention.

- Journey.

- sly cooper thieves in time.

-  demon souls, careful though it bits!

- Dead Space 1 and 2, though something telling me evil EA will release a remaster collection one day for ps4 and XBONE just to grab cash the consumers there.

Edited by yellowwindow7

Hi I'm just wondering what games I should add to my backlog of games to play/plat before I switch to the PS4. I did quite well not buying the PS4 at launch but I will upgrade (at some stage) but I don't want to miss out on any must play PS3 games.

I've got a few already on my list so by looking at that it might give you an idea on what I like to play

1. XCOM: Enemy Within

2. Borderlands 2 GOTY edition

3. Sleeping Dogs

4. Uncharted 2 & 3

5 Dead Island

6. Payday 2

7. Batman Arkham Asylum & Origins

8. Deus Ex human revolution

9. The Mass Effect Trilogy

10. Vanquish

If you could give me a short reason why I need to play any of the games you recommend it would help me understand why I need to play them, it might also help if you look at my trophy list to see what games I've played & platted thanks for any input ;0)

I'm too lazy to write a reason at every game. You can read my checklist for my extensive opinion

• Bayonetta
  • Borderlands 2
  • Dark Souls
  • Demon's Souls
  • Dishonored
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Dragon Age Awakening
  • Dragon Age 2
  • Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
  • Far Cry 3
  • God of War III
  • Okami HD
  • Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
  • Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty
  • Ratchet & Clank  A Crack in Time
  • Ratchet & Clank  Into The Nexus
  • Saints Row The Third
  • Saints Row IV
  • Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
  • The Walking Dead Season 1
  • Uncharted 1
  • Like 1

Ha with all these games you've recommended I probably won't need to bother buying a PS4 until the PS5 is released lol...

Thanks for the input everyone...

Your welcome, I wouldn't be so hasty in buying a PS4 just yet, what for the console to have a price cut and at least a few exclusives to make the purchase worthwhile, Infamous Second Son ain't quite the exclusive I was hoping for.

Well, I'm curious about the: which ps3 games before to get a PS4, I mean:

For what i know we'll still have at least 2 more years of ps3 releases, so why the urgency to get rid of your PS3 hehe.

And another thing, why would you stop playing PS3 games when you get a PS4?

Anyway, my recommendations:

God of war series.

Batman Arkham series.

Puppeteer.

Journey.

I'll just name a few must plays from last gen, that you don't already have.

Bioshock Trilogy

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Little Big Planet 2

Demon's Souls

Dark Souls

Batman: Arkham series

Dead Island

Also, if you missed out on classic PS2 games, then play these.

Jak & Daxter HD Collection

Sly Cooper HD Collection

Ratchet & Clank HD Collection

Sly 4

Ratchet: Tools of Destruction

Ratchet: A Crack In Time

If you haven't played it yet, get Resident Evil 4 HD, if you liked Vanquish, you'll definitely like this game.

What makes you say that? They're two completely different titles

Looking at your game collection, I think you're really missing out if you don't play GTA4. The atmosphere was amazing, the city is so lively and there are so many things to explore. The game has some great humour with entertaining characters like Jacob and Brucie and of course 'The Men's Room' with Bas Rutten. The action is over the top and once you're done with the story, there are 2 great DLC expansions waiting for you. Buy GTA4 Complete Edition it will keep you busy for a good 100-150 hours!!

I could list out a good hundred games that you should play, but if you played them all, you'd never get a PS4. You should just keep your PS3 after you buy a PS4, and play both. That way, you'll never miss out on a PS3 game just because you got rid of it when you got a PS4.

One game, and that game would be Bioshock Infinite, one finest first person shooter experiences I have ever played not to mention the fantastic dialogue between Booker and Elizabeth.

Having said that though the only thing that lets the game down is the stupid ending.

I agree with heath (except for the ending part, I really liked it). Bioshock Infinite is a must play and if you played Bioshock 1, then I also recommend getting the DLC for Infinite, Burial at Sea. It ties the whole saga complete

What makes you say that? They're two completely different titles

Looking at your game collection, I think you're really missing out if you don't play GTA4. The atmosphere was amazing, the city is so lively and there are so many things to explore. The game has some great humour with entertaining characters like Jacob and Brucie and of course 'The Men's Room' with Bas Rutten. The action is over the top and once you're done with the story, there are 2 great DLC expansions waiting for you. Buy GTA4 Complete Edition it will keep you busy for a good 100-150 hours!!

Same developers, 2 of the best shooters I have played.  I'm not a shooter fan, but those were the 2 I easily enjoyed.  RE4 is less action paced than Vanquish, but I still say it's a must play going by this guy's list.

Same developers, 2 of the best shooters I have played.  I'm not a shooter fan, but those were the 2 I easily enjoyed.  RE4 is less action paced than Vanquish, but I still say it's a must play going by this guy's list.

RE is a Capcom game

Vanquish by Sega/Platinum Games