Overrated / Underrated games

Death

Overrated: The Last of Us (5/10 at best), GTA V (Rockstar has lost their magic), Bioshock Inifite (oh cool a generic fps), Borderlands 2 (another generic fps), Skyrim (basically just a giant fetch quest), Uncharted games ( basically COD in 3rd person), Journey (is it even a game? Doesn't matter because its awful).

Underrated: Walking Dead: Survival Instict (amazing story, great gameplay and character development), AMY (what's everyone complaining about? Much better than TLOU)

Edited by Soadisthebest

Overrated: The Last of Us (5/10 at best), GTA V (Rockstar has lost their magic), Journey (is it even a game? Doesn't matter because its awful).

Underrated: AMY (what's everyone complaining about? Much better than TLOU)

3bc6aeff1ac8457fe0881d330733a8a1.jpg?132

If obvious to me you're a troll, however, if you are serious, then, well, I may have just lost faith in humanity

Mine:

Overrated: Borderlands 1 (especially the DLC)

Underrated: GTAIV (the story at least), Dead Nation, WipEout HD, Mortal Kombat. 

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 1

3bc6aeff1ac8457fe0881d330733a8a1.jpg?132

If obvious to me you're a troll, however, if you are serious, then, well, I may have just lost faith in humanity

Mine:

Overrated: Borderlands 1 (especially the DLC)

Underrated: GTAIV (the story at least), Dead Nation, WipEout HD, Mortal Kombat. 

How am I trolling? There's nothing unique or remotely fun about those games. GTA V leaves all the fun things out from the previous games like dancing, quarry missions, pizza delivery, Cluckin Bell, etc. At least they added yoga.

Don't even get me started on TLOU. Its Uncharted with less enemies on screen.

How am I trolling? There's nothing unique or remotely fun about those games. GTA V leaves all the fun things out from the previous games like dancing, quarry missions, pizza delivery, Cluckin Bell, etc. At least they added yoga.

That's how you're trolling. 

This is a joke right? Right?

If not judging a game poor and overrated just because it doesnt let you deliver pizza a bit odd

That's how you're trolling. 

Seriously though. What reason do I have for trolling? I was ripped off as was everyone else but you are blinded to see it. Rockstar didn't even include simple features such as sitting down and metric units.. The last straw before I returned the game was when I realized you couldn't lay in bed with another person in your apartment.

Seriously though. What reason do I have for trolling? I was ripped off as was everyone else but you are blinded to see it. Rockstar didn't even include simple features such as sitting down and metric units.. The last straw before I returned the game was when I realized you couldn't lay in bed with another person in your apartment.

Answer me this. If you HATE TLoU, GTAV, Unchated etc, why are they all on your trophy list, and your beloved AMY and Survival Instinct not?

Overrated: The Last of Us (5/10 at best), GTA V (Rockstar has lost their magic), Bioshock Inifite (oh cool a generic fps), Borderlands 2 (another generic fps), Skyrim (basically just a giant fetch quest), Uncharted games ( basically COD in 3rd person), Journey (is it even a game? Doesn't matter because its awful).

While understand everyone has an opinion, saying BioShock or Borderlands are "generic fps" is just stupid. Yes they are fps, but they definitely aren't generic. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, Ghost Recon, ect. are generic. Both BioShock and Borderlands add unique elements to the fps genre.

Anyway...

Overrated: Skyrim, Uncharted

Underrated: Dead Island, Modnation Racers

See it's funny how even after you complete Uncharted 2, you go on to buy Uncharted 3. 

Also, 37/50 GTAV trophies clearly shows your HATE towards the game...

I got Uncharted for free. Not a chance I would've wasted a single cent on that game. I regret paying the $20 I did for the first one, could've gotten 2 pizzas.

Like I said, we all have terrible games on our trophy list. I started V so might as well finish it.

Overrated -  Kingdom Hearts, anything Bethesda makes, Heavy Rain/Beyond: Two Souls, Assassin's Creed (all of them) and generic FPS/Sports games (CoD/Fifa and the like).

Underrated - Hitman series, Tales of series, Okami

Don't get me wrong, I love Bethesda's stuff even if they're crap as PS3 ports and I enjoyed Heavy Rain and Assassin's Creed but I think they get way more hype than they should.

However I will never understand the love kingdom Hearts gets, the controls are stiff and the camera is awful.

Edited by Lion-Lhasa

Overrated -  Kingdom Hearts, anything Bethesda makes, Heavy Rain/Beyond: Two Souls, Assassin's Creed (all of them) and generic FPS/Sports games (CoD/Fifa and the like).

Underrated - Hitman series, Tales of series, Okami

Don't get me wrong, I love Bethesda's stuff even if they're crap as PS3 ports and I enjoyed Heavy Rain and Assassin's Creed but I think they get way more hype than they should.

However I will never understand the love kingdom Hearts gets, the controls are stiff and the camera is awful.

Totally agree on everything except the Heavy Rain part :P

I consider it to be one of the rare gems for PS3.

My title that I personally think is overrated is Call of Duty! Copy and paste every year...I used to play it a lot but now I hate it so much! lo

My title that I think is underrated is a JRPG called NIER... If any one on these forums has played it they'll know what I mean :) The story in that game is just amazing and it is so full of emotions! 

See it's funny how even after you complete Uncharted 2, you go on to buy Uncharted 3. 

Also, 37/50 GTAV trophies clearly shows your HATE towards the game...

What does any of that even matter? I have games on my psn and 360 profile that I absolutely hated and still have half the trophies for.