Overrated / Underrated games

Death

funny how these threads derail quickly, people don't agree with each other, deal with it, it's opinion, there is no wrong or right ...

That's not the point. It's the fact that he said kind of dumb things like "Uncharted is basically COD in third-person", and "Is Journey even a game. It's awful" while putting the lowest rated games of all time as underrated. Might as well have added Aliens: Colonial Marines to the list of underrated games and that would be the icing on the cake. And it's obvious trolling by the way he said "metric system" and all that so you're all making a huge deal out of it lol.

Might as well add another one.

Overrated: GTA V. Don't get me wrong I love the game but it's far from 10/10.

Underrated: Dead Space 3. I love this game. It might be because I haven't played the other 2 yet.

Edited by Herwest299
  • Like 1

I wouldn't call Spec Ops underrated. Brilliant meta narrative, best since MGS2, but the actual gameplay itself was less than exemplary tbh. I can agree on Sly Cooper, though. 

Call of Duty and GTA IV get as much hate as much as hey get love, really. 

Underrated: MGS2, since we're at it.

Overrated: MGS4 and MGS3. Incredibly.

I wouldn't call Spec Ops underrated. Brilliant meta narrative, best since MGS2, but the actual gameplay itself was less than exemplary tbh. I can agree on Sly Cooper, though. 

Call of Duty and GTA IV get as much hate as much as hey get love, really. 

Underrated: MGS2, since we're at it.

Overrated: MGS4 and MGS3. Incredibly.

I agree with you on that.

I also thought Journey was incredibly overrated. Honestly I wouldn't rate it above a 5/10. Reviewers saying the game made them feel a wide range of emotions, and how great it is. Only thing I really liked about the game was how it looked.

Edited by BhekifaZ

The thing about video games isn't necessarily the actual interaction, rather how the interaction is used. Something like Heavy Rain/Beyond falls flat for me because it ignores the potential of video games to let out the frustrations of a movie director, David Cage. Journey uses it's simplistic gameplay to make you feel different things, along with brilliant atmosphere and design.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Way, way Overrated: THE LAST OF US

Underated: Silent Hill Downpour 

What's with the hate on the GTA IV story? It's a shit ton better than GTA V's story. To be honest, I think the story in GTA V sucks. I love the online play though.  The story in GTA IV is much more heartfelt. 

• 4 months later...

Overrated: Final Fantasy X (Don't kill me), RecycledLand, I mean Borderlands, The Last of Us, Phantasmagoria, I'm not sure if Phantasmagoria would fit the mold for "overrated" but I've heard a lot of praise for this game and I honestly think it's one of the shittiest games ever, but that's just my opinion. I understand the fully implemented FMV was groundbreaking and what not but it was still a cliché, boring, uninspired game.

Underrated: Darkness 1, the second was a generic FPS, nothing special. Mirror's Edge, was definitely a refresher for platforming. Dead Rising 1, while the second and third are practically enormous and well received, the first one went under the radar, and received mediocre scores. I personally felt that it was pretty innovative for what it was attempting to do, of course it had flaws but the concept was still great. It was an open world Zombie game with RPG-like elements, it was pretty much unheard of at the time.

Edited by coldkillaaaaaaaa