Keep or Sell?  

304 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep or sell your games?

• I keep all my games, even the terrible ones
    • I keep most games, sell the terrible ones
    • I keep most games, sell the terrible ones after platinuming/100%
    • I keep only games I enjoyed the story or like the online a lot
    • I sell all games after platinuming
    • I sell all games after platinuming and getting DLC complete (If DLC)
    • I sell most games after getting 100% completion but keep a few
    • Am not sure

I mostly buy digital these days, but I admit I've sold some games to make space/money and use it for other games. I don't care that much nowadays about physical, I don't wanna have a big collection, and prefer not to contaminate buying brand new games. The last one I bought was Spider-man years ago.

On 06/04/2023 at 4:16 AM, serrated-banner9 said:

(Hot take: FIFA is better the PES)

Nooo? I recommend you PES 6, 12, 13 (my favourite and 16). You can even try a psp one. They are some of the best sports games ever created, although I like Fifa, specially Street, I think it still hasn't reached the highs of Konami. I mean I even ranked at fifa so I can't say much more lol.

I would love it to come back with a yearly release.

Edited by Jeanoltt

I used to take some of my games (PS3/PS4) back to Best Buy when BB had a decent membership program for trading. Now I don't even know anymore if they still accept games/trade-ins or have a decent selection of new games in store. I mostly order online (not a fan of downloads for major releases). Games I would trade in were the ones I knew I was done with (whether I reached 100% or not) and weren't special enough to me to have them in my physical library.

I tend to only buy physical discs (not a fan of digital games for the reasons you’ll see below) and I’m one of those who as soon as it is platinumed, I eject disc, erase the game and usually sell it within a day or two. Not interested in dlc even the slightest amount (not even for games which may be my favourite of all time like bloodborne) and I have just as little interest in replaying a game I’ve already played. I don’t understand this at all. I don’t rewatch tv shows or reread books so I’m certainly not interested in spending my time playing something I’ve already finished before. No point in me keeping the games as I will never ever play them again, they would just sit on my shelf forever more when someone else could be getting great use out of them. Plus, getting the platinum quick and selling within a couple of weeks or a month of release allows me to keep buying ‘the next game’ much easier as they hold their value much more in that initial two week window.

so yeah, I’m a physical play, plat and sell kinda guy who wouldn’t give the game another thought ever again once it’s done

• 5 months later...