Keep or Sell?  

304 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep or sell your games?

• I keep all my games, even the terrible ones
    • I keep most games, sell the terrible ones
    • I keep most games, sell the terrible ones after platinuming/100%
    • I keep only games I enjoyed the story or like the online a lot
    • I sell all games after platinuming
    • I sell all games after platinuming and getting DLC complete (If DLC)
    • I sell most games after getting 100% completion but keep a few
    • Am not sure

Generally no.  Mostly too lazy to sell and most wouldn’t net more than $10 on eBay but I’ve been thinking about putting a bunch up on auction at one time to minimize time needed to sell, package, and go to the post office.

There are some games I like the covers of, bring me fond memories, or still occasionally play.  Those I am unlikely to sell.

I usually only buy games on sale for $20 or less.  Maybe $30ish if I really want it and can’t wait for a further price drop.  

I have a tub full of games where I keep duplicates (I've replaced a few games that are platinum/greatest hits with a black label, and import copies with local copies) and games that I think suck. I intend to sell them but am super lazy to. Must be like 70ish games in there. 

This is interesting. Most people in the comments are saying they keep all their games. Even the terrible ones. But the poll shows VERY different results. The poll shows more people Sell their terrible games. Like over 55% At the time of this post. That being said... I sell my terrible games. I have way to many games now just to have them laying around. I have come to the point now that I realize I won't play them again. I Still have original ps1 games that I hate. Just because I kept saying. "I might play it again" Ummmmmmmmmm no! I won't play them again. I have games that are over 20 years old that I haven't played. I still say it. I might play it. But when? Maybe when I'm 70??? I'm good... I can deal with selling the terrible ones now. I've accepted it. Plus A lot of games are selling for like 5x What they originally sold for! Not bad.. I would rather sell a game (Complete in case) and get $100 than just hold it. Now!!!! The games that I like! I'll keep those forever! 

• Like 2

I only do sell the ones that i really didn't enjoy. And that is extremly rare. There was once quite a few years ago that i sold my PS3 and all the games i had for it. And i regretted it even until this day, had games that now are worth a fortune (Hyperdimension Neptunia, Folklore, Silent Hill Downpour and Homecoming, MGS collection, just to name a few)... Well i managed to buy some games for the System back but some others i had are really expensive so i will probably never get them again. 

As for PS4 and PS5 i always keep my games, only sold like a hadfull of them because i really didn't want them. 

The vast majority of my games are digital now so I can't sell them anyway, but I keep all my physical ones all the same - though I do find it funny that the practice of selling them after getting the plat is/was prevalent enough that the Deadpool platinum trophy is explicitly named after the practice, haha.

Edited by Xillynoc
  • Like 1

No.

I'd rather the money for games went to the people actually making them, or funding them...

... not to the shareholders of parasitic companies like Gamespot / Gamestation / Game and the likes, who simply profiteer off games without giving a shred back to the industry that supports them, offering a shred of respect to the consumers within that industry...

... or taking the time to ensure their counter-monkey employees are even modestly knowledgable about the products they are pushing alongside their Prima guides, Funko-pops, t-shirts, second-hand iPads and keychains.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Only time I ever sell games is when I get duplicate copies, and even then that's not always the case since it's handy to have them around as case donors when the need arises.

I've had very rare instances in the past where I've sold games to good friends cause it would've been unreasonably expensive for them to purchase elsewhere, but in one of those cases they ended up selling the game back to me for around the same price after they had their fun.

I keep the games I wouldn’t mind replaying or if there is dlc which I might want to play in the future, I only sell if it’s a game I bought just to try it out but not interested on replaying once finished so they go.

Edited by blacklight-nero

I only own a few disc games now (mostly due to some coming with the console bundle I got my ps5 with)

I would probably never sell the disc (especially now that most have been on plus or super cheap so I'd make nothing off them anyway.)

Buy digital 99.9% of the time now. Have no room to hold hundreds of game boxes anyway.

I used to only keep the games I wanted to replay later and sell everything else after I was done with them, but now I'm 100% digital, it doesn't make sense to collect most discs now when the definitive version is with multiple dozen GBs patches

When I buy on disc I tend to hold on to it until I'm 100% sure there won't be some ninja dlc pop out of nowhere down the road. I learned the hard way selling games too fast in the past. I don't collect games as a hobby like I do trophies I don't see the appeal.

I haven't had the need to sell games since I was a teenager, when selling or trading games at the time was the only way I could get new games. It's not a monetary issue anymore and besides, I collect now and selling games isn't exactly conducive to that hobby.