How do you handle Paying "Pre-Orders" for Games.

DarknessKey92

Just got back from Gamestop Paying off A couple of games I have "Pre-Ordered".

I decided to make this Topic, to see how others Handle their Pre-Orders.

How I handle them is pretty simple...I Decide to Pay them all off right away, so that when the Release date comes; I simply walk in the store ask for my game....and pick it. 

So how do you Handle them? Do you just put in the required 5$ for the standard Copy, or $25 for the Collectors Edition, or perhaps a Fixed amount.

If you don't pay them off right away then you must probably pay the rest on release.

I Pay them off right away, since the money I need for the game is already available; that way I don't need to worry over having money for that game latter on. 

Criticize it anyway you want, but IMO that's a great way to handle them.

• Like 1

I very rarely preorder any game as i have such a huge back log i can stand to wait for a price drop or a definitive edition. last game i did pre order was xenoblades chonicles as it was told to be a highly limited edition release that was expected to sell fast in which i paid in full to reserve

I can't name a time where I went to GameStop and not fully paid off a pre-order. It just seems like a hassle and a bother to pay it off at the last second. If it's fully paid off, I can just walk in, get my game and walk out. That's when I go to GameStop though. I tend to buy games from Amazon and they don't give any options for paying off pre orders. That's really the only downside to buying games from Amazon though. (at least, for me.)

well the store i pre-order from [jb hi fi] you just preorder the game, and pay it all of the day of release, which is great.

But if i preorder something big like a collectors edition i would pay it off overtime, if the store would allow me to... which is basically all of them.

I can't think of the last time I pre-ordered a game. I think Final Fantasy XIII.

Usually I wait for reviews to come out and hear what people say. And even after that, a lot of times I usually wait for a price drop from $60.

Edited by TheeCakee

I typically just do the regular 5 dollar down payment for the regular game if there's something cool that you'll get in-game (for the current or previous games) for pre-ordering it such as for Ghosts (got a BO2 cammo).. for AW(got a Ghosts &BO2 camo).. I mean, I like the fun exclusive-ish stuff.

If I were to buy a collectors edition, it would honestly really have to catch my eye.

• 2 weeks later...

I just do the whole 5 dollars down payment and then pay it off when the game is released. I really only buy collectors and limited edition games if they come with something that really stands out to make the game and incentive look good. But after reading this I might actually try to pay off all my pre-orders once made so I can just get in and get out quick. lol