Delayed Postpone Games of The Year

ridwaano

This Year... so Many games was Delayed that i am suprised.. Lost count.. 

some was Delayed a month, orthers a Year..

Dragon age was Delayed to November.

Battefield Hardline Delayed. "2015"

Batman: arkham knight "2015"

Mad Max Delayed "2015"

The Order : 1886 "2015

Dying Light "2015"

The Division "2015"

The Witcher 3 "2015"

Driveclub "2014/2015?"

The last Guardian "??0??"

What do u think about all the Delay? 

batdrunk.jpg

Edited by ridwaano

In regards to EA I think they are listening to customer feedback. No matter how great Hardline is, Battlefield 4 left a sour taste in many of their customers. When you are talking about a million pissed off people, the developers and publishers have to do something. Also thsi will be many of their AAA debuts and they don't want to start off the new gen with crappy new games (Looking at you Watchdogs) 

If you ask me the problem lies in the AAA gaming industry trying to push out blockbuster titles as they please, disregarding whether the game is finished or not. Now in the past generation this would have lead to unfinished games being released (BF4 need i say more) but maybe the developers have actually learnt from the mistakes from the past for a change. Another possibility would be that they wanted to delay these games from the start but scheduled them for earlier to get some more preorders in. Arkham Knight already has two preorder bonuses and that game doesn't even have a release date yet.

Edited by HappyKastanie

I'd much rather have a game delayed and then released complete at a later date than released broken and have to wait for patches. Publishers seem to be asking too much with their release schedules, developers don't seem to be able to keep up. 

Parker

• Like 2

Looks like the 1st time in a while we won't have a glut of Christmas released games.

Easy to see why most publishers try to get things out before December shifts lots of units up front.

With the majority in that I'd rather have things done well than done fast.

Delays always happen, and while it can be annoying, I actually welcome them.

A delay just means that they need more time to put out the best game possible, and I'd rather wait a year and get a complete game without any bugs, than get it on the original release date with cut content, shoddy mechanics, and/or game breaking bugs.