Really great game

I_beat__my_yeet

So obviously from the title you can tell that I love this game. Yes I know that this game has it problems not to mention the budget cut-scenes. So tell me why you like or don't like this game. I like it because it just has a great feel to it for me at least. I also really love the Boss fight demons you get to summon. 

One of the main reasons I really started playing it was when I heard the memorable Fly me to the moon from Neon Genesis Evangelion even though they aren't the exact same it made me smile once I heard those few words. 

• Like 1

Hmm I tried playing the first and a bit of the second level and I kept losing track of where the main character was, it was like she blended in with the background, I found that really annoying so after a second attempt months later, I found that problem I was having too annoying to continue through the game, so i gave the game away lol.

I thought it was really fun. The soundtrack for the bosses were awesome, as well as the bosses themselves. There's also the Devil May Cry references :D

Though like Devil May Cry I wish the weapons were made so you can use them in any situation. As soon as I got the sword, that was all I really used save for the pistols for a couple Alfheim portals, plus the sword did the most damage. The rest of the weapons felt like they were just there in case I felt like using them.

Couldn't agree more....Bayonetta is an underrated game...it has great gameplay mechanics and if you really get good on the game...you can pull some insanely awesome combos.Cool bosses,characters and nice voice acting,its a great hack n' slash...also its pretty challenging.Platinum won't make a better game.

I played it a lot in my old profile it was one of my 1st games...only needed to beat on very hard to get the plat.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta agree with geogw because the first time playing this i had no idea what was going on and couldnt see enemy attacks. Of course months later i started again and am trying to finish this game now. Wish it was 60 fps because it doesn't feel like it is. 

Don't know if this is better than the Devil may cry games but its the first one so ill cut it some slack. Maybe the next one will be cleaner and more refined.

too bad ps3/4 users can't play it when it does come out.

Ok, for starters, it's a great game, fun concept, now, the enjoyment of this game hugely depend on how much you get use to its craziness. 

I have to say that i'm a God of war fan, and i found funny when people say bayonetta and gow are almost the same hack-and-slash games, for me they're very different.

IMO god of war is mostly an action game, you build up kratos through your whole journey and you feel the challenge fair, that's why you don't have chapter select.

Bayonetta in the other hand:

Like DMC moves like crazy,

Has lots of combos

You have chapter select, you need it!!!! not just for collectibles or get platinum medals but for upgrading, to make yourself a bad-ass.

that's a hack-and-slash, at least in my book.

I'm still trying to get her another opportunity and beat the game. Maybe one day.

• 1 month later...

I loved this game as well. severely underrated as far as I'm concerned. It combined many things that older gamers and next-generation types can enjoy. The controls, attacks and weapons were great and the enemy selection and bosses were all top notch. To me this game perfected with the (mostly broken) Devil May Cry games tried to do over the course of that series. The only disappointing thing is that the sequel is a Wii exclusive. What's up with that?

I'm a little salty that the sequel is a Wii U exclusive. I'm not against it having M rated titles, but at the same time, I feel alienated as a non-Wii U owner who isn't getting the system anytime soon. :(

From what I've heard, it's not doing so great in Japan, but maybe that'll change when it releases globally...      

• 4 weeks later...

I am not seeing how people think this is a great game. I have no idea who the main character is, one and no idea how you get through some sections. It is like they just meshed a whole bunch of things together and thought it would be a good game. In all honesty I am not even sure I want to play it anymore, heck Ninja Gaiden makes more sense than this game. I am trying to get past chapter 2 at the moment and am lost on who all these characters are. I figured since Platinum Games made it, it would be a great game like Vanquish was, but I am sorta disappointed. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well in my opinion, I don't love this game I think it's a good game for the fun combos and gameplay entertainment but the story was just not that good in my opinion, Bayonetta the main character is alright I say but even if it was funny at times the scenes I still got bored and thought was confusing and weird. Like there will be scenes that are lolz but other than that I just get bored easily. The story wasn't that interesting, I only mainly like the gameplay of the game, as I enjoyed it a lot. Characters were okay lol.

Is the best Hack and Slash game i ve played 

It is alright to say the least. However, not one of my favorites as you have to commit yourself if you want the Climax Brace which is 5,000,000(5 million) halos. Now it is really easy to get 5 million halos, but also a chore. I managed to get the platinum not too long ago. I was reading an article on Bayonetta 2 and why it is only on the Wii U, it is a shame really, as I would have stilled played the second game on PS3 if it was ever released just to see what happens. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

In my opinion, this game is one hell of a blast. I've been playing the game ever since I started it. I was hooked from the start. Can't remember the last hack n' slash game that I've played that was as nearly as good as this one. Bosses are challenging but not to challenging. The gameplay is fun and addicting. The cut scenes could have been better but to me, they were decent. I almost have the platinum for this game and have yet to be bored with it.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...