Best Final Boss Theme/Track you Liked in Games

DarknessKey92

Certain Games wish to have a climactic Final Boss that wraps up the game but what @ times is very crucial is the Theme Song that it gets.

It's At the Final Boss Phase that Both The Developers & Composers wish to create a moment where the Antagonist Boss & Song really Blend their complimented works thus leaving the game ending on a high note.

This is what makes many fans find rememberable as the "Final Boss Theme".

Certain game's have had A great Song but have lacked on the game play side, other times it's the opposite results.

But every so often we see the near perfect blends of it. A Song that may not be the best to hear, but is best to express the delivered Battle Tone of this Final Climactic Phase/Boss.

What are some Very great "Final Boss Themes" you've heard from games ranging from any console?

Here's a Few that IMO are either great because of the Track itself or because of how it complimented the Final Boss.

1. (Game Boy Advance)Megaman Battle Network 3 OST "Vs. Proto (Vs. Alpha; Final Battle!)":

This Final Boss Theme Really Matched the Battle in Interesting Ways:

• The Intro Matched Alpha's Entrance Perfectly.
  • The Feel of the Song just had you intense as you are dodging Alpha's Claws & Shoulder Vulcans.
  • It brought a Creepy yet cool feel to the battle & Alpha character.
  • The in game Version was enhanced by the Sound Effects.
  • You hear this song as you planned your next strategic Chip Attack.
2. (PlayStation 2)Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories OST "Lord of the Castle (Marluxia Final Phase Theme)":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HIJBDQtfxo

With The Gameplay & This Track, it Really Fit the Battle in the aspect that it did make you feel like you were Facing him in Space, Plus Marluxia's Dialogue during this Track really enhanced this Battle A Lot. 

3. (Playstation 3)Dark Souls OST "Gwyn, Lord of Cinder"

Motoi Sakuraba Really Pulled out such a Heart Moving Track, I'm sure you can listen to this song without having a Single idea about Dark Soul's story & still Get a sad atmospheric mood from it.
Truly A Impressive Piano Piece to hear.

4. (Playstation 3)Drag-on Dragoon 3 OST "The Final Song(Final Boss Zero Flower Rhythm Phase" 

Don't need to tell anyone who's played this game how fucken Rage educing the final part of this Final Boss Rhythm game is, having to depend on luck for the timing to a note during a Black Screen forcing a restart if missed.

Aside from that I really like this Track, it has a Beautiful melody to it from start, then starts going into a sad Melancholy tone near it's ends while involving the other sisters. It not only was composed to fit the Final sequence of the game, but to reflect on the many things experienced through the Story involving the rest of the sisters & Zero & Milkhail.
I've honestly been looking forward to play this game, but am not too enthusiastic for this Song.
Might play it when I see a Sisters DLC Bundle/Price Drop.
It's a Good Song to hear, but it's a Bad Song to Play in game.

5. (Nintendo 64)Glover OST "Out of this World"(Cross Stitch Showdown)

This Track was pretty cool to hear, it fit the Background of your Showdown(On a Alien Space Ship).

This game had a pretty good Soundtrack next to "007 golden eye"(IMO), it also had interesting puzzles looking back now; but @ the time as a kid really pissed me off, so this final battle felt a bit relaxing compared to the others just shooting for fun till you got the feel of things(as the game doesn't restart if you lose your hearts, instead continues from that point by simple refilling your hearts while subtracting 1 life).

6. (Nintendo Game Cube)Phantasy Star Online Episode III OST "'IDOLA' - The Strange Fruits" 

Admittingly I never played this game, I only played Phantasy Star Universe, but when i was searching for that game's Final boss theme; i came across this 1.

Honestly it was 1 of my favorite right away, this song is simply amazing as an epic song.

7. (Nintendo Wii)Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Duel Transer OST "Final Duel Against True Odin"

Really Like this song, it has a complimentary mood to the events regarding the Transers & Odin's Spirit that dwells the possession of hosts who have a shred of Darkness in their hearts. The Current Sealed Body being Alina who was later sealed by the Transer Odin due to lack of soul Now was broken after you defeat him causing the Return of the host Alina possessed under the King Odin Spirit.

Basically the song complimented the story's Climax & Duel.

8. (Nintendo Gamecube & Xbox & Playstation 2)Vexx OST "Dark Yabu"

This game for starters is pretty Underrated IMO.

By Far this game has one of the Fucken hardest Bosses I've ever played, it asked for so much to do it sometimes overwhelmed you. Normally you hate having small fry enemies during a boss fight, but for this one you literally are hoping for it to get a chance to refill health from any damage taken after surviving any of the phases in preparation for the next. The Song was near perfect for this Final Boss because it as I said before made you feel overwhelmed, fitting for a Showdown Theme.

Not to mention the Boss mechanics to actually deal damage were really creative making you use every bit of Control button the player Vexx is given to use.

9. (PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360)Tekken Tag Tournament 2 OST "What you will see 'Heavenly Garden & Fallen Garden Versions' {Jun Kazama & Unknown Themes}"

Heavenly Garden & Fallen Garden Combined Edit Track

Jin's Mother trows out a Gentle and near pure feel, but has a Sadistic Alter Ego known as "Unknown" covered in Dark Slime. This Song Greatly Compliments the 2 Personalities that dwell in Jun Kazama, along with the Stage itself. The Flowery Stage & Holy Jun Kazama 1st Round is complimented by the 1st portion of the Song which is the soft melodic verses of the song trowing a pure sense to her.

Once you Beat her in the 1st Round heading for the Last Round her possessed Alter Ego "Unknown" Takes control, not only does the Ego change as you head into the Next Final Round....But Also The Stage, Character, and Song get a Corrupt transformation.  Resulting in a Sadistically Dark Crazy tone overall.

10. (Playstation 3 & Xbox 360)Persona 4 Arena OST  "Shadows of the Labyrinth(Shadow Labrys Theme)

Track "Shadows of the Labyrinth"

This Track is pretty cool to listen to, it really pumps the player up for this match; which is necessary on a count that Shadow Labrys can be pretty devastating if you let her be. It's a Great intense Track to have for A Fighting Game IMO.

11. (PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360)Final Fantasy XIII-2 OST "Invisible Depths(Caius Behemoth Trio-Group)"

This Track is just still a Great Track to hear, I simple love that Low to High Note tone it holds. Plus It also has a point where it compliments the fact that you are surrounded by Bahamuts on a platform with no where to go( A Platform hovering in the sky) by adding the Dragon's Screeches to the Track.
Also the tribe sounding vocals compliment Caius, who is part of the Farseers Tribe.
So Basically the Song Sounds Great & is Very Complimentary to Caius "The Final Boss".

12. (PlayStation 2)Ratchet: Deadlocked OST "Defeat Gleeman Vox"

This Game is my Favorite From all the Ratchet games I've played, it had lots of enemies to keep you on a decently tip toe pace. Plus the Soundtrack was so Intense too.

I did not like how the dialogue tried to be funny in this battle, especially when I just wanted to listen to the song. It would literally lower the song volume just so i could hear them.  Sure Some where funny, but the constant pace of them interrupting got me annoyed till I just set the bar to %0 on it.

Game Tries to overwhelm you in this battle, but since you have pretty "OP" Weapons it becomes a bit lack luster for a Final Boss.

13. (PlayStation 2)Orphen Scion of Sorcery OST "Gaia Boss Battle"

This is a game I got really cheap one day thinking it was going to suck....by no means was that true it was a great game I really enjoyed & got attached to playing. I was confused @ first playing it then getting sent back to the Ship. But after a while I understood it, then it made sense as I played it. Not gonna lie for some weird reason I got sad @ the credits with the song playing after unlocking the true ending...IDK why? i just loved this game's Story

Anyway this song was pretty good for it's day of age coming from the year 2000.

The Song seamed Decent, catchy and was complimentary to hear Orphen say "The Bolt of Thunder", since that was the obvious way to kill him.

Honestly the real Final Boss in this game was those Fucken Flying Laser Drones, it was so fucken hard to catch them for an attack.

Aside from this Boss Fight I loved this game.

14. (Nintendo Wii)Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity OST "The Core(Only Boss Race against Master Core: ABIS"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1BDIypO8fE

Game was pretty fun IMO, and the Final Boss sure @ one point felt a bit repetitive on how to do damage.

But was given a really catchy song, that I literally shiver in delight when i hear the Elephant sounding part setting up for the gravity jump platforms.

15. (Nintendo 64)Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth OST "Boss(Phase 1), The Earth(Phase 2), and Final Boss(Phase 3) Themes"

Boss Theme

Final Boss Theme Extended

This is My Favorite N64 Title, it was a very fun game that was pretty addicting.

The Final Stage of the game is a Final Showdown Between you and The Crystal with the Earth itself as your background in space.

The Crystal creates an exterior Suit that looks pretty impressive in regards to fire power & Design.

The Battle Consists of 3 Phases where you have to dodge or reflect everything that's thrown @ you while shooting him the entire time.

For the First phase of this Final Boss I like that they used the "Boss" theme, because let's be honest that Track sounds like a Final Boss theme anyway...lol

I mean just listen to it, it's the perfect song to start this Final Showdown IMO.

For the 2nd Phase it uses the "Earth Final Mission" Track Which is Also Perfect to match the nearly destroyed suit Phase; seaming like it's desperately trying to defend itself from you on its last Leg...or in this case Arm.

Well For the Final Phase when the Crystal is Left Exposed, the Song it was given matches the Crazy Movement of the situation.

Now the Crystal is Desperate Firing Laser that are nearly as fast as his movement.

Not to mention that now you have 2 min to kill him.

Honestly all these Tracks are better with the Dialogue & in-game sound effects.

IMO it was all done beautifully, even if it is a hell to deal with; once you adapt to this game you begin to love it.

16. (PlayStation 2)Shinobi OST "Call(Hiruko Boss Theme)"

This Song is Really greatly composed, it seams Melodic and Epic to accommodate the Shinobi's Finally as the Track is titled "Call"; you must Survive Hiruko's Casts, until you can set him up for a 1 hit kill.

This game was 1 of my PS2 Favorites, and would buy A HD Remake of it in a Slash.

17. (PlayStation 2)Musashi Samurai Legend OST "Last Battle(Nebulized Gandrake Theme)"

Another PS2 Title that was 1 of my Favorites playing, which was a very simple hack & Slash style game(yes i know the Dialogue was a bit Face palmable, now that I look back). But i loved the Art-Style, simplicity of the mechanics(which were at times creative) that also give you skills to unlock.

Anyway This Track is Pretty Intense on its own, it gives an Epic "All or Nothing Vibe" on an Atmospheric Background. Which is something Gandrake has done by letting himself be Nebulized completely to defeat Musashi @ this point.

To bad you faced a Evil Version of yourself possessed by Gandrake, instead of Gandrake himself before this Battle(that honestly disappoints me).

I would have preferred a Showdown style battle with him instead of the Copy TBH.

Honestly I don't know why I loved the game, sure you can think...but you just gave a couple of flaws? well i know, but I Loved it because @ the time I didn't have standards. I was very open minded to the games I played trying to view it for what it offered, for me it felt like it delivered otherwise I wouldn't call it 1 of my favorites.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Last Battle (Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time)

Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy VI)

The Time of the Decisive Battle (Dragon Quest IX)

http://youtu.be/qfEizVEu4tw

God-Slaying Sword (Xenoblade Chronicles)

http://youtu.be/Ug6B7c_Xut8

Almighty Bhunivelze (Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII)

The Final Showdown (Tales of Vesperia)

Aside from what has been posted in here already I also like these ones

http://youtu.be/ffkfX_hUc74

Legend of Spyro The Eternal Night Black Powers

and

http://youtu.be/eiXmB3nWGwo

Legend of Spyro The Eternal Night Well of Souls

http://youtu.be/MuVAaU63K7k

from Sonic Heroes

http://youtu.be/T20zU97vFRY

And another from Spyro Dawn of the Dragon 

and ones that were posted in here that I like a lot are Okami, Drakengard 3( hated the boss fight though, but liked the track for it), Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker. Also liked the one in Shadow the Hedgehog, but don't feel like getting a link for it.

Sonic The Hedgehog 3: Probably the first final boss music I ever liked, I still love and listen to it now and again + remixed versions on my computer.

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles - Doomsday Zone: Think I shit my kegs with excitement when I discovered this stage after collecting all the super emeralds, great music. 

Sonic 06 - Solaris Phase 2: Terrible game but I loved the main theme which also happened to be the final boss music.

Sonic Heroes - What I'm Made Of: I never got to hear this while playing the game way back in 2003 (curse those DAMN special stages!) So I didn't actually hear the theme until years later, love it. 

Sonic Adventure 2 - Live and Learn: What and absolute classic!

Sonic Adventure - Open Your Heart: Wish they kept the song going for phase 1 & 2, P2 music was lame. 

Pokemon Gold - Red: Epic!

Tales of Vesperia - Traitor to Heaven: Kratos is an optional boss but by damn, he's the hardest for sure. That's why I think I can include him in my list, great boss music.

Persona 4 - Ameno-Sagiri: Can't say too much about this one otherwise I may spoiler it for people that have yet to complete the game. 

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 3