Favorite collectibles from video games?

Death

We all know that there are a lot of people out there that hate collectibles. I personally don't mind them as long as there isn't an insane amount or if they're hard to get. (Looks at inFAMOUS and GTA IV <_<) Just post some of your favorite collectable items and what game they were from. When I say collectibles, I mean items that you collect in a game, not memorabilia.

- Blood oranges from SOCOM 4

- Gold from Red Dead Redemption

I LOVE collectibles doesn't really matter which game it is, Tomb Raider, inFamous, GTA, though I do prefer the collectibles that actually do something, Fallout bobbleheads for example, I can spend hours just searching for collectibles I find it fun

I dont mind collectables as long as there is chapter select or free roam after completing the main story, and an in game map of them.

some of my favorites are

Batman Riddles especially Arkham city some of them where very challenging

Assassins Creed. Brotherhood and revelations

Ratchet and clank zoni/bolts

Lego games. I think the collectables are what make the game so fun, with its added gameplay to find them all.

The car jumps from Vice City.

yeah Vice City is a great example of good collectibles, i loved how if you got all the hidden packages you would have one in you hotel room, plus all the certain posters you get for certain missions was good aswell, really need to get that game again

I LOVE collectibles doesn't really matter which game it is, Tomb Raider, inFamous, GTA, though I do prefer the collectibles that actually do something, Fallout bobbleheads for example, I can spend hours just searching for collectibles I find it fun

Yea they were pretty cool :D Some of them were a pain in the ass to get like that one in that old place with tons of security bots! :unsure:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Playboys from Mafia II yet. Those had to be somewhat enjoyable to some of us :pimp:

On other notes, I enjoyed the collectables in Resistance 3. The extra information made the game feel more immersive, which is awesome!

I also really enjoyed Arkham City's and Arkham Asylum's take on collectables. Not necessary to complete the game, but you get so many awesome bonuses just for finding them. All the bio's were well made, and the Arkham City stories were composed amazingly.

Tough question, as I quite enjoy collecting, so I'll try to narrow it down.

Statuettes, Assassins' Creed II.

Riddles, Audio logs, Batman Arkham Asylum.

The 27 souls to be punished or absolved, Dante's Inferno.

Godly possessions, God of War III.

View all the Vistas, Brutal Legend.

The treasures, Uncharted series.

The treasure maps, Red Dead Redemption.

I'm sure there are loads of others that I can't remember, but either they're not mentioned specifically in the trophy description, or they don't have trophies so I can't look at my profile to check :(.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Playboys from Mafia II yet. Those had to be somewhat enjoyable to some of us :pimp:

I would have enjoyed them more if they could have been obtained while free roaming instead of just being restricted to missions.

I don't know if it really counts, but my favorite collectables are the cars from Gran Turismo games.

I'll also agree with Mr. Opossum, I really like the way the Uncharted series handles collectables too.

Parker

Mr. Opposum...LMAO :lol: ...If I could like that post more than once, I would.

Even being a gigantic GT fan, I would say that you really can't count the cars. Although I do enjoy collectin' them, they really aren't the same as hidden packages.

How about we consider it the Pokemon or Monster Rancher for grown-ups?

• Like 1

Mr. Opposum...LMAO :lol: ...If I could like that post more than once, I would.

Even being a gigantic GT fan, I would say that you really can't count the cars. Although I do enjoy collectin' them, they really aren't the same as hidden packages.

How about we consider it the Pokemon or Monster Rancher for grown-ups?

Pokemon is also quite the collectible in games. Sure, you could use them, but did anyone actually use oddish?

On another note, Sly Cooper 1 seemed to have fun collectibles. Not to hard to find, made you look a little bit through the level, and rarely playing on terrible camera angles or jumps you wouldn't think of making.

I used to love trying to find all of the eggs in the first Spyro game when i was little, searching for the little "Na Na Na Na Na" Egg Thieves to get them :yay:

No person in video games, to this day, were more taunting.

When I was little, I had a nightmare about the scarecrow boss because he always beat me. When I woke up the next day and realized he was a sheep, I practically died inside.

• Like 1

Glyphs in the Assassin's Creed series and newspapers in LA Noire are my favorites because they give important parts of the story.

Hey, if you had Charmander from the start of Red, an Oddish was a life saver against the second gym leader.

Yes, I've played Gen 1 Pokemon games so much, I remember that off the top of my head.

You are officially a Poke'-God. Take your place amongst the chosen ones.
  • Like 1