Decent, easy plat but so boring

Claymorw

The collectibles are a bit like ticking off a grocery list, but I found the story and arena's fun and entertaining. I'm currently on the rescue beta and I'm finding it a little challenging (which is a good thing).

Neon was by far my favorite of Delsin's powers and it was great to get some back story on Fetch. Really glad I got this while it free from plus.

Edit: Got the plat this morning and I had a blast. Collectibles were the only thing that I felt was boring. Loved the arenas felt like the challenges were just about perfect as I only needed to go back and grind two or three.

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

My opinion: Story was weak if you would compare it to Second Son or previous titles. I did not played them all but I would say that this was more harder than Second Son. But I don't get it... how can Sucker Punch gave a prequel game around 1200 trophy points (7 gold trophies) and to normal game only 2.. But in order to difficulty Second Son was peace of cake these challenges in First Light sometimes really pissed me off but.. I finished it in around 8.5 hours to 100% (stats displaying 11 but I had some breaks during the game). Overall this prequel was not that bad. I recommend but Play it on easy.. I started on normal and regretted it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Just finished this one recently, can't call it boring when you keep in mind its supposed to be to the PS4 what Festival of Blood was to the PS3, a stand alone DLC.

The campaign was a breeze on easy, somewhat decent spin off, the only boring part was griding the challenges and even those were extremely easy.

Paid 3£ on the indonesian store and got my money's worth for sure. 

It took me awhile to want to actually do the arenas and stuff after beating the game's story (which was way too short). I thought the game and challenges were incredibly easy with all the challenges being completed over time in the arena's with the exception of some of the story challenges. I didn't even really find any of the challenges annoying or aggravating, with the exception of trying to get KO Queen in the arena's.

Easy game. Not boring IMO, but really easy.

• 2 months later...

I bought the double pack in the spring sale. Really enjoyed Second Son and its the second time I've completed it. I held off First Light due to the challenge rooms as the Arkham series killed this game type. 

Played trhrough First Light story and really enjoyed it and the effort put into the new maps and animations and, but as expected the battle rooms are a true chore. I think getting all these done is going to take me longer that it took me to do my first playthrough of Second Son on expert. Devs just have no idea how to make these sort of challenge rooms fun and instead go for extreme repetitive gameplay. 

Had my first go at the rescue and got 57k Second attempt I get 370K and the game f**ks me over by instantly killing 2 hostages. Another problem with this game type is that it shows they're not tested by the devs before they ship them. I think a factor of luck will be required to complete these. 

Had a go at survival and 15 laters gave up with only 111K. 15 minutes for 111k.... its so f**king bad man, 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HizzoKing_NG9000 said:

I think you're the bad one

Possibly lol. It was on that map where its elevated above the ground and can be a pain to get back up without crashing into the ceiling and then the camera goes to shit. 

Anyway another 22 minutes later and I finished that map with 1.8 million. Stand by the opinion that its boring as hell though. Also the auto-aim for the AI is cheap as f**k most times. 

But once its done its an extra platinum and as s**t as the challenge rooms are, I'm glad I played it for the story section. 

• 5 months later...

For me it was superior to Second Son due to its length and its character. She was just so much better designed than the other douchebag. And the concept of this game was also better in first light, since you've just seen enough of this game when the platinum popped without getting bored of it. Second Son felt really stretched towards the end and the open world was too boring to actually entertain you. In fact, First Light made me buy Second Son which then disappointed me.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2014 at 8:18 PM, berserklover said:

I played the original and it was really good. This one is okay, the length is indeed 4 hours but so boring. The story is so bad, they just repeat what we already knew in the game. The challenges are fun kind of, but annoying at times. Overall, I played for a few hours, I'll probably platinum it tomorrow. The 500 000 isn't a cake walk during hostage but it's duable. The 10 millions is cummulative, and so is everything else. The hardest one is the 100 % challenge because they are so many. Getting 50 % took almost no time.

Omg it isssssssssss so boring. I want the Platinum but I don't even want to play anymore lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Recently I came around to play InFamous games.

Second son was fun albeit a bit dull at certain moments (district by district similar to Far Cry games)

However I managed to platinum it in 28 hours 

This game, given the fact I already knew the mechanics, took me 5 hours to plat.

Great deal in my books 

Story is what you already know from the main game and combat and arena are a blast.

So I would definitely recommend, it's  an easy platinum and enjoyable as well 

Remember I loved the original one back in the day so having the series free with Ps+, slowly getting the rest. 

Indeed quite short, I think the arena took me longer than the story + collectibles, which is saying a lot. And the character is so bland I dislike her. Badly written along with the story.

That said I did enjoy the fluidity of the movements and the arsenal there was to offer.

But yeah, not one to be remembered...