The 7 Hardest Platinum Trophies on PlayStation

WuTangJase-

1- GT5. it goes like this, you don't have a racing wheel you don't play GT5 for it's trophies. using the dual shock 3, 4 or what ever is only to play the game for fun.

2- MGS4. if you're new, play this game now to just catch up into the story and enjoy it's gameplay. DAT i am the expert on weapons  and the F****** sound of the battlefield... both are traps! they might sound like if they are unlocked separate, but they are not, both need that dump big boss emblem, i bet even kojima san himself will gonna find difficulties getting him self.

3- Killzone 2. online trophies always turn me off.

4- Red Dead Redemption. old west and online trophies don't mix :lol: 

5- Little big Planet 2. congratulation! if you manage to beast the Dive In 25 trophy which involve one of the most broken feature seen in a playstation game, and then you have to make 50 people to play one of your level 50 times.

6- Nier. if you manage to catch all of the stupid fishes, then good luck with the Legendary Gardner trophy, if you got that then i can say you'll easily gonna plat the game.

7- Resistance 2. it's hard to plat back then due to one of the stupidest online trophy i ever came across " Killing Machine " and now it's even impossible unless if you're a wizard since Insomniac Games have shut down the server.

8- Demon's souls. not even the difficulty of it is a reason why i never earn the plat for it. in fact to me at least it's not even as hard as how the people put it, it's one of those games that uses it's flaws and problems as a difficulty, like the camera angles will try it's best to go behind anything in the environment to get a blocked view, why characters take ages in animations to eat something or get back up?, all enemies have a heat seekers projectiles while you're not, when i have a sword in a video game i want it to use it as i desired like swing it left or right and stab in front with it.. in this game it goes like this swords will swing left and right while long bows will stab forwards.  sorry i got carried away.... the only thing that made this hard to plat is the way you farms those stones, any foes or bosses can be defeated with a more powerful built characters and a proper tools.

there's even more games on my list, but those games i'm playing for the gameplay and not the trophies. the ones i showed here are the ones i was trying to plat but i couldn't.    

8- Demon's souls. not even the difficulty of it is a reason why i never earn the plat for it. in fact to me at least it's not even as hard as how the people put it, it's one of those games that uses it's flaws and problems as a difficulty, like the camera angles will try it's best to go behind anything in the environment to get a blocked view, why characters take ages in animations to eat something or get back up?, all enemies have a heat seekers projectiles while you're not, when i have a sword in a video game i want it to use it as i desired like swing it left or right and stab in front with it.. in this game it goes like this swords will swing left and right while long bows will stab forwards. sorry i got carried away.... the only thing that made this hard to plat is the way you farms those stones, any foes or bosses can be defeated with a more powerful built characters and a proper tools.

there's even more games on my list, but those games i'm playing for the gameplay and not the trophies. the ones i showed here are the ones i was trying to plat but i couldn't.

exactly, the only difficulty the game has is it's deliberate flaws and devious drop rate system... it's been made to play like the original tomb raider trilogy so instantly it has a feel of a 90's game which was the decade for rubbish tank movement controls and rubbish camera angles... also rubbish pop music lol combine that with slow character animations/quick enemy animations and a drop rate which is good to some but a nightmare for others... you got yourself an easy game masqueradin as an unbeatable one for fully solo players Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR
  • Like 1

Take away any internet related material and GTA IV is the hardest game to platinum on the ps3, stunt jumps and pigeons with no guides or tutorials, ='s straight difficulty. Now as an mp stand off, if in fact you did not boost GTA IV, it would take you countless hrs to even attempt a single trophy let alone a platinum.

As a. Closing note, this doesn't just count for only gta, but gamers are spoiled now days with guides videos and internet related technologies, which in a sense are like cheat codes, of the 80's and 90's.

• Like 2

Vanquish, because of the "Tactical Challenger" trophy, which has some nearly impossible challenges, that was the trophy that unabled me the platinum :(

50L91d7d3.png                              1Le3161a.png

Tactical Challenger (2,94%)                                               Platinum (2,89%)

THE hardest Platinum on PSN is easily Star Ocean 4's. I played through it on the 360 when it came out, and basically to get the platinum on PSN... You have to....

1. Play through the game on the hardest difficulty setting (boss battles can sometimes take an hour, and become very challenging).

2. Follow a guide so that you can get the max friendship level with all of your party members and unlock all of their endings (including the secret ending). Between each chapter of the game you have moments where you can talk to people, and you basically have to do it in the right order through the entire game. Then there's a moment where you have to backtrack to the ship just to get an easy to miss scene, and you have to spend HOURS grinding for items to make these special items which you must then take to specific spots. It isn't as bad on the single disc PS3 version, but it was a freakin pain on the 360.

3. Get all of the battle trophies. That doesn't sound too bad right? Yeah.... You're wrong.....

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/946860-star-ocean-the-last-hope/faqs/57508

There ya go. Each character has 100, and you must get them all. Never mind the fact that not all characters are with you the entire game, so technically you can miss 100 or so just by moving through the game too fast. But here, let's look at some examples of what some of these battle trophies are (for those of you who did not click the link)

Reimi-098: Deal at least 99,999 points of damageFaize-097: Defeat 999 insect enemiesArumat-099: Win 100 consecutive battles without healingMyuria-079: Absorb a total of 99,999 MPSarah-100: Defeat Satanail within five minutes (better get ready to level grind like crazy for this one)Bacchus-050: Deal exactly 32,768 points of damageEdge-089: Win 50 consecutive colosseum solo battles

and so on. Basically every character has a "deal exactly ______ points of damage" trophies, they all have kill 999 of some specific enemy, they all have "kill this boss within this timelimit" ones, they all have ones related to their special abilities, and so on. It takes hundreds of hours of grinding to even get anywhere near finishing them battle trophies. Heck even if you played through the game on every difficulty carrying over your progress each time, you still most likely wouldn't have the majority of them. You truly do have to take the time to grind, and hope you can get lucky by finding the right weapon to use at the right level with the right attack power stat, against the right leveled enemy to deal the exact amount of damage needed fo each one.

Try to find a game that's harder/more time consuming than that.

These are all my opinion:

GTA4 has one tough trophy called 'Fly the co op', requires a little practice and for the rest it's just time consuming

Killzone 2 Elite is no cakewalk but if you want to name a tough FPs I'd say CoD WaW is still a tier higher in difficulty

WipeOut is certainly a challenging racegame, however as an old avid f-Zero player I had less trouble with this game than Gran turismo 5

MGS4, hmm don't think it was that difficult.

Demon's Souls is tougher than Dark Souls, people often say it's overrates in difficulty but try getting all trophies offline without anyone to help you and you're in a whole new dimension of difficulty. Flamelurker anyone, pure bladestone maybe?

Super Street Fighter 4 is without a doubt a top 10 or in this case a top 7 platinum, way tougher than SF4.

Star Ocean 4 is a respectable rpg worthy of a place in this list.

Ultimate MVC3, challenge mode is overwhelming for any newcomer to the fighting genre.

Blazblue Continuum shift, I have a black belt in fighting games but clearing 66% of the challenge mode was no small feat without buying any DLC characters

Ninja Gaiden requirea lots of practice, knowledge of the game and deidication

Gran turismo 5, the licenses and challenges are a bridge too far for many

One last game to end the list with, King of Fighters XIII

For someone that says a lot and make it all look too easy, no offense but you speak volumes with your psnprofile, lol. Perhaps this was just your secondary account?

Take away any internet related material and GTA IV is the hardest game to platinum on the ps3, stunt jumps and pigeons with no guides or tutorials, ='s straight difficulty. Now as an mp stand off, if in fact you did not boost GTA IV, it would take you countless hrs to even attempt a single trophy let alone a platinum.

As a. Closing note, this doesn't just count for only gta, but gamers are spoiled now days with guides videos and internet related technologies, which in a sense are like cheat codes, of the 80's and 90's.

guides have always been around since the start of gamin... there were arcade tutorials/game walkthroughs in mags, posters for mk fatalities, card guides for beat em' ups that often came with the special editions, heck i remember gettin sticker books for mario 1, 2 and 3 free with my NOM magazines which were guides, you just had to buy the stickers to learn where all the secrets were...

yeah the internet does provide any solution you could want for any game be it videos/walkthrough guides etc but im not so sure gamin is any easier than it was decades ago... as you posted- modern games don't have cheats really so without cheats you have to either be really good at a game or if possible try to boost it with other gamers...

havin cheats gave the option to just get through a game without any hassles whereas havin video guides/walkthroughs gives you an aid but you still have to get through the game yourself and most games want you to finish them on the toughest difficulties... you could watch how to finish a game like ninja gaiden for days but actually finishin it is a totally different ballgame

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

THE hardest Platinum on PSN is easily Star Ocean 4's. I played through it on the 360 when it came out, and basically to get the platinum on PSN... You have to....

1. Play through the game on the hardest difficulty setting (boss battles can sometimes take an hour, and become very challenging).

2. Follow a guide so that you can get the max friendship level with all of your party members and unlock all of their endings (including the secret ending). Between each chapter of the game you have moments where you can talk to people, and you basically have to do it in the right order through the entire game. Then there's a moment where you have to backtrack to the ship just to get an easy to miss scene, and you have to spend HOURS grinding for items to make these special items which you must then take to specific spots. It isn't as bad on the single disc PS3 version, but it was a freakin pain on the 360.

3. Get all of the battle trophies. That doesn't sound too bad right? Yeah.... You're wrong.....

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/946860-star-ocean-the-last-hope/faqs/57508

There ya go. Each character has 100, and you must get them all. Never mind the fact that not all characters are with you the entire game, so technically you can miss 100 or so just by moving through the game too fast. But here, let's look at some examples of what some of these battle trophies are (for those of you who did not click the link)

Reimi-098: Deal at least 99,999 points of damageFaize-097: Defeat 999 insect enemiesArumat-099: Win 100 consecutive battles without healingMyuria-079: Absorb a total of 99,999 MPSarah-100: Defeat Satanail within five minutes (better get ready to level grind like crazy for this one)Bacchus-050: Deal exactly 32,768 points of damageEdge-089: Win 50 consecutive colosseum solo battles

and so on. Basically every character has a "deal exactly ______ points of damage" trophies, they all have kill 999 of some specific enemy, they all have "kill this boss within this timelimit" ones, they all have ones related to their special abilities, and so on. It takes hundreds of hours of grinding to even get anywhere near finishing them battle trophies. Heck even if you played through the game on every difficulty carrying over your progress each time, you still most likely wouldn't have the majority of them. You truly do have to take the time to grind, and hope you can get lucky by finding the right weapon to use at the right level with the right attack power stat, against the right leveled enemy to deal the exact amount of damage needed fo each one.

Try to find a game that's harder/more time consuming than that.

Star Ocean isn't hard and the battle trophies you listed are extremely easy especially Defeat Satanail in 5 minutes, don't even really have to level grind but getting to max level doesn't take much of a grind. The plat is very time consuming but not hard dood

• Like 1

Star Ocean isn't hard and the battle trophies you listed are extremely easy especially Defeat Satanail in 5 minutes, don't even really have to level grind but getting to max level doesn't take much of a grind. The plat is very time consuming but not hard dood

stop showin off dood B) not everyones a gamin master like you lol... that game must've hated gettin an ass whoopin Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

Well i guess many mistakes already listedone of them is missing Catherine...

AND what i totally dont get why's Sine Mora missing?, that game is hard as fuck ---, even for people who are playing sidescrolling shooters all the time.

To be honest there are trophies that have lots of exploits / online gathering etc. (maybe glitches/bugs w/e), BUT Sine Mora requieres you to be a sick bastard that not only is willing to rince and repeat in fighting a boss hundreds of times, but also to depend on luck, because bosses dont use Skills in an order but randomly...

If some1 out there is looking for a challenge and maybe a reason to never be able in having 100% completion in a game try out Sine Mora.